PDA

View Full Version : Why do I need to 'understand' Islam ?

Fountainhead
05-04-2007, 04:24 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/worldnews.html?in_article_id=452288&in_page_id=1811

Why does the irreligious left of this country tell me that I ... "need to u-n-d-e-r-s-t-a-n-d" Islam ?

What is there to understand about brutally stoning a 17-year old girl to death (took 30 minutes to murder her) because she had a relationship with a boy from the wrong sect of her religion ?

Islam is barbaric

Christianity has been reformed ... several times. It has evolved

Islam is entrenched in the 7th century

Hagbard Celine
05-04-2007, 04:30 PM
Because the phrase "know your enemy" is just as true today as it was an eon ago when it was coined.
Because ignorance is dangerous.
Because why not? Why be an ignorant person? Your opinion is worth nothing if you don't know what you're talking about. That's why.

Fountainhead
05-04-2007, 04:52 PM
Because the phrase "know your enemy" is just as true today as it was an eon ago when it was coined.
Because why not? Why be an ignorant person? Your opinion is worth nothing if you don't know what you're talking about. That's why.

Fair enough.

OK, now I'm not ignorant. I have "learned" that a certain sect of Islam insists upon stoning girls to death for religious transgressions

Now what ?

Hagbard Celine
05-04-2007, 05:20 PM
Fair enough.

OK, now I'm not ignorant. I have "learned" that a certain sect of Islam insists upon stoning girls to death for religious transgressions

Now what ?

What's your point. Acts of savagery occur everyday all over the world. In another thread I've been discussing a case of two assumedly Christian (raised at least) males who brutally beat a boy to death because they learned he was gay--or for $20 and a pair of sneakers. Now the hatred and fear of homosexuality in our culture is directly tied to Judeo-Christian mores. Does this act of barbarity preclude me from continuing to learn about Judaism and Christianity? I think not. This act of savagery perpetrated by a small minority of Christian adherents does not justify an indictment on the Christian faith. It just means there are savages in every society. The same goes for Islam. I'm sure you'd be hardpressed to find an American Muslim who would agree with stoning someone for a religious transgression.

Have you ever read the Koran? Maybe you should so that you can know for sure if it is Islam that is flawed or if it is dumbass hillbilly arabs that are flawed.

gabosaurus
05-04-2007, 05:21 PM
Why do you bother to understand anything? Watch Fox, listen to Rush, read the comics, go back to bed.

Gaffer
05-04-2007, 05:44 PM
What's your point. Acts of savagery occur everyday all over the world. In another thread I've been discussing a case of two assumedly Christian (raised at least) males who brutally beat a boy to death because they learned he was gay--or for $20 and a pair of sneakers. Now the hatred and fear of homosexuality in our culture is directly tied to Judeo-Christian mores. Does this act of barbarity preclude me from continuing to learn about Judaism and Christianity? I think not. This act of savagery perpetrated by a small minority of Christian adherents does not justify an indictment on the Christian faith. It just means there are savages in every society. The same goes for Islam. I'm sure you'd be hardpressed to find an American Muslim who would agree with stoning someone for a religious transgression.

Have you ever read the Koran? Maybe you should so that you can know for sure if it is Islam that is flawed or if it is dumbass hillbilly arabs that are flawed.

I'm not a christian but I dispise fags. So where do I fit in?

If your going to read the koran, you also need to read the hadaith (koran part 2). An american muslim believes the same as an arab muslim. They just know they can't act on their religious beliefs here. They will if they think they can get away with it. (see honor killings)

If you study it and get to know the "religion" you see what an evil, hateful, savage ideaology it really is.There is no comparison between a fundimentalist christian and a fundimentalist muslim.

gabosaurus
05-04-2007, 05:56 PM

You fit in as a pathetically sick homophobe who can't spell 'despise.' :laugh2:

Nukeman
05-04-2007, 07:06 PM

If your going to read the koran, you also need to read the hadaith (koran part 2). An american muslim believes the same as an arab muslim. They just know they can't act on their religious beliefs here. They will if they think they can get away with it. (see honor killings)

If you study it and get to know the "religion" you see what an evil, hateful, savage ideaology it really is.There is no comparison between a fundimentalist christian and a fundimentalist muslim.

You must spread some reputation before giving it to gaffer again...

Just because you find fault or dont agree with something gabby will say your just ignorant of the subject and havent studied anything....

glockmail
05-04-2007, 07:22 PM

What's your point. Acts of savagery occur everyday all over the world. In another thread I've been discussing a case of two assumedly Christian (raised at least) males who brutally beat a boy to death because they learned he was gay--or for $20 and a pair of sneakers......
1. The libs who want us to understand Islam don't consider Islam a threat.
2. The savagery is consistent with the teachings of Islam and justified by Islamic law, not so with the teachings of Christianity or laws based on Christianity.

MtnBiker
05-04-2007, 07:25 PM

How is Islam our enemy?

Gaffer
05-04-2007, 07:57 PM
How is Islam our enemy?

Because its goal is conquest of the world and your death or conversion.

Samantha
05-04-2007, 08:46 PM
Why do you bother to understand anything? Watch Fox, listen to Rush, read the comics, go back to bed.HAHA! :clap:

Sounds like you'll fit perfectly in hell! :D

1. The libs who want us to understand Islam don't consider Islam a threat.
2. The savagery is consistent with the teachings of Islam and justified by Islamic law, not so with the teachings of Christianity or laws based on Christianity.You have no idea what you are talking about. :lame2:

How is Islam our enemy?Thank you. The ignorance is disheartening.

Because its goal is conquest of the world and your death or conversion.Very disheartening. Perhaps you would be so kind as to prove this?

It's just right wing hate propoganda. It's so sad that people are so bigoted and uneducated to believe this crap. Have you ever known a Muslim? You guys are so blinded by ignorance. :(

MtnBiker
05-04-2007, 11:23 PM
Thank you. The ignorance is disheartening.

Well Samantha I'm not disputing that there are those within the Islamic world that can be called our enemy. I was just wondering why Hagbard would call Islamic followers our enemy.

Hugh Lincoln
05-05-2007, 07:27 PM

Fair points, but when we are called upon to "understand" anything, i.e. Islam, they don't really mean "be aware of its history, nuances and figures," they mean "accept it without criticism."

And, once properly defined, I would side with FH --- I don't need to "understand" Islam. It can bugger off.

05-06-2007, 04:14 AM
knowledge is power. And knowing is half the battle.

Gaffer
05-08-2007, 07:07 PM
HAHA! :clap:

Sounds like you'll fit perfectly in hell! :D

You have no idea what you are talking about. :lame2:

Thank you. The ignorance is disheartening.

Very disheartening. Perhaps you would be so kind as to prove this?

It's just right wing hate propoganda. It's so sad that people are so bigoted and uneducated to believe this crap. Have you ever known a Muslim? You guys are so blinded by ignorance. :(

It's obvious you know nothing about the people that want to kill you. I have multiple posts about islam on this board, go find them. I get tired of repeating myself to liberala that won't bother reading or understanding.

Your ignorance is typical. islam is a theocratic ideology that is out to rule the world. It does not preach tolerance and acceptance. It preaches conquest and submission. Women are subhuman and second class citizens in islam.

Yes I have known muslims. They were either non-practicing or they were completely untrustworthy. Lying and deciet are a part of the religion. Totally acceptable in their view.

Guernicaa
05-08-2007, 07:26 PM
The whole right-wing anti-Islam rhetoric never came into play until after 9/11. Only when international forces became present in the Middle East to fight terrorists did we start hearing about all of these horrible things that Muslims are doing.

Guernicaa
05-08-2007, 07:31 PM
Similar acts of atrocity are also done in India, Thailand, China, and a variety of other Asian countries. In fact they may even be done in some African civilizations.
Why aren’t right-wingers accusing all black people as being psycho paths willing to commit genocide in Darfur?

Ann Coulter and the other right-wing dumbasses would NEVER generalize all black people doing bad things if only a small percentage of them were.

Fountainhead
05-08-2007, 08:42 PM
Similar acts of atrocity are also done in India, Thailand, China, and a variety of other Asian countries. In fact they may even be done in some African civilizations.
Why aren’t right-wingers accusing all black people as being psycho paths willing to commit genocide in Darfur?

Ann Coulter and the other right-wing dumbasses would NEVER generalize all black people doing bad things if only a small percentage of them were.

What in THE hell are you talking about ? Are you just ignorant ? Or angry and stupid ?

Right-wingers accuse the Islamic Janjaweed murder squads of the genocide in Africa ... NOT "all black people". Christians are the target, and they have been slaughtered by the hundreds of thousands.

It is the United Nations ! that sits on its hands and clucks about the "violence" in Darfur. They can't even bring themselves to call it GENOCIDE ... because it is aimed at CHRISTIAN Africans

Read an article, or something before you spout RACE-baiting crap like this.

SassyLady
05-08-2007, 08:56 PM
knowledge is power. And knowing is half the battle.

Yep - like knowing that I would never want to be a woman in an Islamic country.

Gee - I have enough problem letting my husband drive all the time......I do love my independence and I just can't fathom why anyone would want to embrace a religion that takes away their right to think for themselves.

A-N-Y religion.

Said1
05-08-2007, 09:00 PM
The whole right-wing anti-Islam rhetoric never came into play until after 9/11. Only when international forces became present in the Middle East to fight terrorists did we start hearing about all of these horrible things that Muslims are doing.

I don't know about that. I seem to remember everyone freaking out about the A-rabs in the late 70's early 80's. Is that the same thing. I mean, they're not really black, but they're all Lebanese, right? I just can't tell them apart.

05-09-2007, 02:32 AM
Yep - like knowing that I would never want to be a woman in an Islamic country.

Gee - I have enough problem letting my husband drive all the time......I do love my independence and I just can't fathom why anyone would want to embrace a religion that takes away their right to think for themselves.

A-N-Y religion.

I wouldnt want to be a woman at all;)

I cant figure out anyone who refuses to use their brain.

Pale Rider
05-09-2007, 11:40 AM
FUCK islam..... they're the most BLOOD THIRSTY PEOPLE ON EARTH.

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/4/toiletkoranbuzzaropc6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

glockmail
05-09-2007, 04:09 PM

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/4/toiletkoranbuzzaropc6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Nice pic! You'll need to grind it up first before you can flush it though.

Kathianne
05-09-2007, 06:52 PM
I don't know about that. I seem to remember everyone freaking out about the A-rabs in the late 70's early 80's. Is that the same thing. I mean, they're not really black, but they're all Lebanese, right? I just can't tell them apart.

Actually I think we may be more concerned about radical Islamics that look European.

Said1
05-09-2007, 07:03 PM
Actually I think we may be more concerned about radical Islamics that look European.
:lol: Thanks. I had no idea. What about radical Islamics who look Mexican or just ethnic and yuckie?

Kathianne
05-09-2007, 07:06 PM
:lol: Thanks. I had no idea. What about radical Islamics who look Mexican or just ethnic and yuckie?

Actually, that may be a problem, the Mexican-not the yucky. Too easy for Arabs that are fluent in Spanish to pass as Mexicans. Perhaps that by pass to Canada would be a good idea? :laugh2:

Said1
05-09-2007, 07:08 PM
Actually, that may be a problem, the Mexican-not the yucky. Too easy for Arabs that are fluent in Spanish to pass as Mexicans. Perhaps that by pass to Canada would be a good idea? :laugh2:

Sure, why not. We all know where the bombs are aimed, biotch.:finger3:

Said1
05-09-2007, 07:11 PM
Ok. that wasn't nice, and I didn't mean it. Except for the biotch part. Bring it on Kathianne. WTF do you want? two threads in a row? Get to the point or fuck off. You're tooooooo predictable and transparent.

Kathianne
05-09-2007, 07:12 PM
Ok. that wasn't nice, and I didn't mean it. Except for the biotch part. Bring it on Kathianne. WTF do you want? two threads in a row? Get to the point or fuck off. You're tooooooo predictable and transparent.

;)

05-09-2007, 07:13 PM

::gets some popcorn::

Guernicaa
05-09-2007, 08:10 PM
What in THE hell are you talking about ? Are you just ignorant ? Or angry and stupid ?

Right-wingers accuse the Islamic Janjaweed murder squads of the genocide in Africa ... NOT "all black people". Christians are the target, and they have been slaughtered by the hundreds of thousands.

Do you actually read my posts shit head?
You need to start reading for more detail my friend.
Not once did I ever claim that right-wingers are accusing all black people of committing the genocide. I said that they would never get caught making that generalization.
And yes, it is the murder squads committing the genocide. Right-wingers properly define that group of "bad people".
But why do you think its ok to generalize Islam as being nothing but evil killers??? None of you can ever refer to the bad minority of them as just the "Jihadists" or "the small fraction of radical Muslims".
Instead, you say the most disgusting, derogatory, and just plain fucking stupid shit about ALL Muslims by referring to Islam in general.

Read an article, or something before you spout RACE-baiting crap like this.
I have a better idea...
How about you actually read my posts in detail before you open you mouth???:slap: :slap: :slap:

Guernicaa
05-09-2007, 08:17 PM
Heres two examples:

Islam is barbaric

Dilloduck
05-09-2007, 08:17 PM
Not once did I ever claim that right-wingers are accusing all black people of committing the genocide. I said that they would never get caught making that generalization.
And yes, it is the murder squads committing the genocide. Right-wingers properly define that group of "bad people".
But why do you think its ok to generalize Islam as being nothing but evil killers??? None of you can ever refer to the bad minority of them as just the "Jihadists" or "the small fraction of radical Muslims".
Instead, you say the most disgusting, derogatory, and just plain fucking stupid shit about ALL Muslims by referring to Islam in general.

I have a better idea...
How about you actually read my posts in detail before you open you mouth???:slap: :slap: :slap:

Screw Islam----understand bin laden. ( oh ya--an his "ILK" too ) :laugh2:
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/terrorism/international/fatwa_1996.html

Gaffer
05-09-2007, 08:59 PM

And do you know who is commiting those attrocities?....muslims.

Samantha
05-10-2007, 01:03 AM
Well Samantha I'm not disputing that there are those within the Islamic world that can be called our enemy. I was just wondering why Hagbard would call Islamic followers our enemy.Of course we have enemies in the Islamic world. No one disputes that. But this thread is full of ugly bigotry. It makes me ashamed of my fellow Americans who are so ignorant and full of hate. They put themselves on the same level as the ignorant, blindly stupid Muslims who think if they martre themselves they will get 72 virgins. These prejiduced racist Americans posting here are as blindly stupid and ignorant as those terrorists. Thankfully the majority of Muslims and the majority of Americans are not as stupid and full of hate as the terrorist and the bigots on this board.

I have a better idea...
How about you actually read my posts in detail before you open you mouth???:slap: :slap: :slap:They anger me too. And they make me very sad, these hate filled dumbell knuckleheads. But remember, they are the minority, just as the suicide bombers are the minority in the Muslim world.

Psychoblues
05-10-2007, 02:05 AM
You speak the truth, Sammi. But who is your audience? As an experienced entertainer I can tell you without doubt that you are speaking here to many that will not be entertained.

Of course we have enemies in the Islamic world. No one disputes that. But this thread is full of ugly bigotry. It makes me ashamed of my fellow Americans who are so ignorant and full of hate. They put themselves on the same level as the ignorant, blindly stupid Muslims who think if they martre themselves they will get 72 virgins. These prejiduced racist Americans posting here are as blindly stupid and ignorant as those terrorists. Thankfully the majority of Muslims and the majority of Americans are not as stupid and full of hate as the terrorist and the bigots on this board.

They anger me too. And they make me very sad, these hate filled dumbell knuckleheads. But remember, they are the minority, just as the suicide bombers are the minority in the Muslim world.

Many of these get their kicks from watching genuine Americans give their blood, guts and lives to the only ideologies they know. Pretty much self survival or death outright. These chickenshits wouldn't cross the street to help you or any other American or even a neighbor. I could talk for months, pages or reels of tape and it probably wouldn't matter.

But, in the event that it might, I suggest you keep it up and I promise I will do the same.

05-10-2007, 02:23 AM
Of course we have enemies in the Islamic world. No one disputes that. But this thread is full of ugly bigotry. It makes me ashamed of my fellow Americans who are so ignorant and full of hate. They put themselves on the same level as the ignorant, blindly stupid Muslims who think if they martre themselves they will get 72 virgins. These prejiduced racist Americans posting here are as blindly stupid and ignorant as those terrorists. Thankfully the majority of Muslims and the majority of Americans are not as stupid and full of hate as the terrorist and the bigots on this board.

They anger me too. And they make me very sad, these hate filled dumbell knuckleheads. But remember, they are the minority, just as the suicide bombers are the minority in the Muslim world.

you really arent in a position to call anyone ignorant as your posts clearly demonstrate.

Nor is simply pointing out that the muslim extermists are in fact muslims is anyway bigotry.

05-10-2007, 02:24 AM
You speak the truth, Sammi. But who is your audience? As an experienced entertainer I can tell you without doubt that you are speaking here to many that will not be entertained.

Many of these get their kicks from watching genuine Americans give their blood, guts and lives to the only ideologies they know. Pretty much self survival or death outright. These chickenshits wouldn't cross the street to help you or any other American or even a neighbor. I could talk for months, pages or reels of tape and it probably wouldn't matter.

But, in the event that it might, I suggest you keep it up and I promise I will do the same.

You are an experienced entertainer now? Does your resume ever stop growing?

emmett
05-10-2007, 02:45 AM

Tacky!

Fountainhead
05-10-2007, 03:12 AM

You mistakenly implied that "black people" are responsible for the psychopathic genocide in Darfur, as you clumsily framed your paint-by-numbers picture of "right-weengers"

I was hoping to E-D-U-C-A-T-E you about WHO is perpetrating this genocide. IT IS Islamic Janjaweed Terrorists. They might be
'Mocha', or 'Cafe-au-lait' colored ... who knows ? But they ARE Muslims. Muslims murdering Christian Africans.

Us right-weengers are not the least bit confused about WHOM is MURDERING WHOM. No generalizations are needed. It is Islam. Worldwide. Islamic Terrorists in the Middle East, London, Spain, Indonesia, Phillipines, United States, Africa ...

About the only people that Islam isn't responsible for MURDERING are those nice Tibetan Monks ... We have China to thank for that.

Psychoblues
05-10-2007, 04:13 AM
Not at all "tacky", emmett.

Tacky!

A 'lil crude maybe but not tacky at all. Have you read some these screeds?

Psychoblues
05-10-2007, 04:19 AM
Jimi asked, "Are You Experienced?"

You are an experienced entertainer now? Does your resume ever stop growing?

I answered, in a metaphorical way, "Yes". Are you?

Pale Rider
05-10-2007, 09:20 AM
you really arent in a position to call anyone ignorant as your posts clearly demonstrate.

Nor is simply pointing out that the muslim extermists are in fact muslims is anyway bigotry.

"Bigot" is sammy's favorite catch word avatar. She liked the way it sounded when she found it in her liberal response handbook, and couldn't wait to use it. Doesn't matter if the context in which she uses it is worthy, she just likes using it. She's a twit.

gabosaurus
05-10-2007, 01:45 PM
You don't need to understand anything. Just continue sitting under your rocks, listen to Rush, watch Fox and read conservative blogs. You will be all set!