PDA

View Full Version : Is there no lie to big for Pelosi to tell?

red states rule
11-20-2010, 07:10 PM
This is incredible even for San Fran Nan. I doubt anyone in the liberal media wil call her on this mega whopper

Incoming Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi said incoming Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) is "known to cry."

"You know what? He is known to cry. He cries sometimes when we’re having a debate on bills. If I cry, it’s about the personal loss of a friend or something like that. But when it comes to politics — no, I don’t cry. I would never think of crying about any loss of an office, because that’s always a possibility, and if you’re professional, then you deal with it professionally," Pelosi (D-Calif.) told the New York Times magazine.

She noted: "I have deep emotions about the American people. If I were to cry for anything, I would cry for them and the policies that they’re about to face."

She was also asked about the differences between men and women in politics.

"I was the first woman speaker. It didn’t get that much play. And I’m not a publicity seeker, so it was OK with me. Boehner, before the election, they had him on the cover of Newsweek. Now he’s on the cover of Time, and women are coming to me and saying, 'Is the job less important when a woman holds it?'

"My point is that when a man holds the job, the press seems to view it as more worthy of that kind of attention. But when a woman — even though it was historic — holds the job, they view it as less important. We have to dispel the notion that it’s not as big a job when a woman has it," she said in a Q&A with the magazine.

She also defended her decision to run for minority leader: "Well, don’t forget that I led the party into the strong victories of ’06 and ’08. And now we are prepared to win again."

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/house-races/130153-pelosi-said-boehner-is-known-to-cry

DragonStryk72
11-20-2010, 11:16 PM
This is incredible even for San Fran Nan. I doubt anyone in the liberal media wil call her on this mega whopper

She noted: "I have deep emotions about the American people. If I were to cry for anything, I would cry for them and the policies that they’re about to face."

So she would cry over politics that she believes are going down the wrong path? Um, isn't she saying in the same breath that Boehner is doing the same thing, and that proves he isn't "worthy"? If so, then why is it okay if she does it and not him?

red states rule
11-21-2010, 06:50 AM
Of course when you use Al Gore's amazing internet you can easily prove Pelosi is lying

Democrats Take Control on Hill
New Speaker Pelosi Shepherds Ethics Bills To Passage in House

Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) was elected America's first female speaker of the House yesterday in a raucous, bipartisan celebration of a historic breakthrough, and hours later she presided over passage of the broadest ethics and lobbying revision since the Watergate era.

Democrats took control of the House and Senate after 12 years of nearly unbroken Republican rule, with resolute calls for bipartisan comity and a pledge to move quickly on an agenda of health-care, homeland security, education and energy proposals. Sen. Harry M. Reid (D-Nev.), the soft-spoken son of a hard-rock miner, took the helm of the Senate, after a closed-door session in the Capitol's stately Old Senate Chamber. But with the eyes of history riveted on her, it was Pelosi's day.

"This is an historic moment, for Congress, and for the women of this country. It is a moment for which we have waited more than 200 years," Pelosi proclaimed, to a roaring ovation in the packed House chamber. "For our daughters and granddaughters, today we have broken the marble ceiling. To our daughters and our granddaughters, the sky is the limit."

For Pelosi, yesterday's election was not only the culmination of a long climb by women through the ranks of Congress but also the personal triumph of a hard-nosed partisan, a grandmother of six who methodically plotted the Democrats' return to power after more than a decade in the minority. A House floor where Democrats had been marginalized to the point of irrelevance in recent years was alive with handshakes, smiles, hugs and boisterous children on the Democratic side of the aisle. Republicans, once so confident in what many saw as a permanent majority, sat glumly watching the festivities.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/01/04/AR2007010400802.html