PDA

View Full Version : Google Maps

chloe
11-21-2010, 09:40 AM
SO last night I looked up all the childhood home addresses I could remember we lived at and saw my old houses. It was awesome, one house was not taken care of very good but the rest were in mint condition. Has anyone els elooked up there childhood homes, neighborhoods on google map?

Gaffer
11-21-2010, 10:12 AM
Yeah I did and it was fascinating. :thumb:

SassyLady
11-22-2010, 01:30 AM
SO last night I looked up all the childhood home addresses I could remember we lived at and saw my old houses. It was awesome, one house was not taken care of very good but the rest were in mint condition. Has anyone els elooked up there childhood homes, neighborhoods on google map?

When my sister was in the hospital recently I realized that it was right in the middle of the neighborhood I lived in from ages 8-14....so I drove by my elementary school, junior high and two of the houses I lived in. I think what amazed me more than anything was how small everything seems. In my memory the yards were "HUGE" and in reality, they are not. It just seemed they were huge as a child!

I have Googled my current address and realized that the photo was taken about five years ago ... because a couple of outbuildings that we've built are not in the picture....and a couple of the new houses in the neighborhood are not there.

I wonder how often Google updates?