PDA

View Full Version : "Exhausted" Obama Supporter Loses Her Job

red states rule
11-23-2010, 03:27 AM
Not much play in the liberal media on this. I guess it means little when your goal is to openly support Obama and his job killing economic policies

I believe if Bush was still President this would have been a top story for days if not weeks

Velma Hart, who burst onto the media scene after telling President Obama she was scared about her financial future, has been laid off. Hart was let go as the chief financial officer for Am Vets, a nonprofit Maryland-based veteran services organization.

Hart has become another casualty of the tough economy in which so many people have lost their jobs.

"It's not anything she did," said Jim King, the national executive director of Am Vets. "She got bit by the same snake that has bit a lot of people. It was a move to cut our bottom line. Most not-for-profits are seeing their money pinched."

King would not say whether the organization had had other layoffs.

"Velma was a good employee," he said. "It was just a matter of looking at the bottom line and where could we make the best cuts and survive."

King hadn't seen the irony in Hart being fired just two months after she emotionally told Obama about her fears for her own financial well-being during a town hall meeting in Washington.

"I hadn't thought about this in connection to the town hall meeting. She was at the town hall as a private citizen. Whatever she had to say were her own thoughts," he said.

Hart's comments to Obama became political fodder as proof that the president was losing his die-hard supporters - African American voters. Hart told me at the time that she still supported Obama but that she had expected more changes by now.

She said what really disappointed her is that the change and better economic conditions Obama promised haven't come fast enough.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/11/22/AR2010112205270.html

Gaffer
11-23-2010, 09:01 AM
She said what really disappointed her is that the change and better economic conditions Obama promised haven't come fast enough.

The change has at last arrived. She has finally got what the dark lord promised her. He didn't promise a better life, he promised change.

red states rule
11-24-2010, 03:28 AM
The change has at last arrived. She has finally got what the dark lord promised her. He didn't promise a better life, he promised change.

She says she still supports Obama. Like most liberals she is "Cause and Effect" challenged

Palin Rider
11-24-2010, 10:25 PM
Would she have kept her job if John McCain were in the WH today? I strongly doubt it.

fj1200
11-25-2010, 06:34 PM
Would she have kept her job if John McCain were in the WH today? I strongly doubt it.

Extend the Bush tax cuts? Cut the corporate tax rate to 25%? No HC reform tax drag? A POTUS who actually respects private enterprise?

The economy would be ripping. Don't forget a Dem House/Senate has been a drag since '06.

red states rule
11-26-2010, 04:11 AM

So you know that the same way the Obama supporters say without TARP the economy would have fallen into a depression?

Or how the stimulus "saved and/or created" millions of jobs?

Palin Rider
11-26-2010, 01:58 PM
So you know that the same way the Obama supporters say without TARP the economy would have fallen into a depression?

TARP was started under the last admin. But Mr. P would be proud of your "tap dancin'."

red states rule
11-29-2010, 04:55 AM
TARP was started under the last admin. But Mr. P would be proud of your "tap dancin'."

and libs added their pork

http://www.gop.gov/policy-news/10/07/01/business-as-usual-democrats-load

Palin Rider
11-29-2010, 02:39 PM
and libs added their pork

http://www.gop.gov/policy-news/10/07/01/business-as-usual-democrats-load

So are you ever going to answer the original question? *Zzzz*

red states rule
12-01-2010, 03:50 AM
So are you ever going to answer the original question? *Zzzz*

Bush started TARP and Obama added to the total

Much like they added to Bush's $500 billion annual deficit and took it to about $1.4 TRILLION

and here I thought Obama ran against "reckless spending"