PDA

View Full Version : People in Seattle don't buy winter tires...

darin
11-23-2010, 06:06 PM
Which makes good fun for those watching the carnage.

Subaru Fail.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsJLVub50Aw

Audi Fail.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILDOqppQL-U

Five Minutes of Fail - except for the first SUV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhZCyQ3emQg

Probably the all-time favourite of mine - from Portland OR, years back...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMzeiMJQrvk

SassyLady
11-23-2010, 08:40 PM
Wow .... cheap entertainment for the pedestrians!!

Pagan
11-23-2010, 08:44 PM
Yeah it's been amuzing watching morons with no chains or snow tires trying to go up the hills. Then to top it off the idiots stop, panic and hit the brakes along with all sorts of stupid shit.

You know I'm a NW native but have been around a bit and I can say without hesitation that the stupidest drivers in the country are here in the Pacific Northwest.

OldMercsRule
11-23-2010, 09:37 PM
Yeah it's been amuzing watching morons with no chains or snow tires trying to go up the hills. Then to top it off the idiots stop, panic and hit the brakes along with all sorts of stupid shit.

You know I'm a NW native but have been around a bit and I can say without hesitation that the stupidest drivers in the country are here in the Pacific Northwest.

Not in Eastern Washington, (where the Cornservatives mostly live).

The Liberals mostly live West of the Cascades n' are very poor drivers.

They are very poor at usin' their brains about politics tooooooooooo!!!!!!!!
:laugh::laugh:

Pagan
11-23-2010, 09:48 PM
Not in Eastern Washington, (where the Cornservatives mostly live).

The Liberals mostly live West of the Cascades n' are very poor drivers.

They are very poor at usin' their brains about politics tooooooooooo!!!!!!!!
:laugh::laugh:

Aaah yeah, right .....

I've spent a fair bit of time around Spokantucky, Moses Lake and the Tri-Cities .....

Try again :laugh2:

darin
11-24-2010, 05:06 AM
Righto...'cars' don't go well in snow/ice...tires do.

And I'm tellin' ya...folk in bama aren't good drivers...and the folks here in MI, surprisingly, aren't either.

Truth in lending - I judge 'goodness' in driving in a large part by lane discipline. Left-lane camper types...those folks are a menace to society. LOTS of them here. The enter the freeway and high-tail it to the left lane as fast as possible where they slow...to just right at the speed limit. Unfortunately for ALL michiganders, it's not illegal execpt on two-lane, two-way roads. Multiple lane roads, folks can generally do as they please. it's not a priority in the minds of legislators to fix, either.

Enjoy illegal left-lane driving in WA...course, it's almost NEVER enforced...so...

Anywho - :)

Renton Representin'!

SassyLady
11-24-2010, 05:23 AM
Righto...'cars' don't go well in snow/ice...tires do.

And I'm tellin' ya...folk in bama aren't good drivers...and the folks here in MI, surprisingly, aren't either.

Truth in lending - I judge 'goodness' in driving in a large part by lane discipline. Left-lane camper types...those folks are a menace to society. LOTS of them here. The enter the freeway and high-tail it to the left lane as fast as possible where they slow...to just right at the speed limit. Unfortunately for ALL michiganders, it's not illegal execpt on two-lane, two-way roads. Multiple lane roads, folks can generally do as they please. it's not a priority in the minds of legislators to fix, either.

Enjoy illegal left-lane driving in WA...course, it's almost NEVER enforced...so...

Anywho - :)

Renton Representin'!

I live in the left lane!!!! :laugh:

I hate changing lanes and I usually only have to change to the right lane to pass those "speed limit nazi's" who won't move over when they see me coming!! Guess it comes from living with racing fanatics most of my life!

Kathianne
11-24-2010, 05:26 AM
MI gets lots of snow, as does IL most years. I will say that every year it seems that most drivers here need to learn 'snow driving' anew. After a snowfall or two, they get better. But there's always some...

darin
11-24-2010, 06:10 AM
I live in the left lane!!!! :laugh:

I hate changing lanes and I usually only have to change to the right lane to pass those "speed limit nazi's" who won't move over when they see me coming!! Guess it comes from living with racing fanatics most of my life!

Oh MRSKP...Honey...please don't. :( Chances are you're not only frustrating the flow of traffic, you might be breaking the law. Stay over in one of the right-hand lanes, please?? :)

MI gets lots of snow, as does IL most years. I will say that every year it seems that most drivers here need to learn 'snow driving' anew. After a snowfall or two, they get better. But there's always some...

Not my part of MI, unfortunately. Sucks.

I'd like a complete overhaul of our drivers licensing processes. Might even make a post about it.

SassyLady
11-24-2010, 03:27 PM
Oh MRSKP...Honey...please don't. :( Chances are you're not only frustrating the flow of traffic, you might be breaking the law. Stay over in one of the right-hand lanes, please?? :)

Guess I didn't make myself clear .... I'm the one that is frustrated because of the slow people ... and yes, I'm probably breaking the speed limit most of the time.... definitely not impeding the flow of traffic!!!

Trigg
11-24-2010, 04:19 PM
It's to early to start discussing snow!!!!!

As I look out my window I'm imagining a sunny 82 degree day, beautiful with many more to come............

wow, I already feel better. So much nicer than the crappy grey sky with freezing rain that is really happening. bleh

SassyLady
11-24-2010, 04:44 PM
Today is beautiful, sunny, crisp weather outside ... probably about 55...it got down to 39 last night ... all the weather reports said it would be 28....and that tonight was supposed to be even colder. Guess they were wrong.

We don't get snow here ... but I know that if we did .... our traffic would be awful. People here can't even drive in the rain!

Kathianne
11-24-2010, 04:47 PM
Today is beautiful, sunny, crisp weather outside ... probably about 55...it got down to 39 last night ... all the weather reports said it would be 28....and that tonight was supposed to be even colder. Guess they were wrong.

We don't get snow here ... but I know that if we did .... our traffic would be awful. People here can't even drive in the rain!

I'm happy for you! It's freezing rain here, right now. I just came in from grocery store. Once every 3-4 years I need Evaporated Milk. Seems like when I clean the cabinets I have 4-6 cans up there. I go to get one? Gone. I blame my kids reading expiration dates! :laugh2:

SassyLady
11-24-2010, 05:32 PM
I'm happy for you! It's freezing rain here, right now. I just came in from grocery store. Once every 3-4 years I need Evaporated Milk. Seems like when I clean the cabinets I have 4-6 cans up there. I go to get one? Gone. I blame my kids reading expiration dates! :laugh2:

OMGoodness .... when my daughter comes to visit me every summer the first thing she does is go through all my food and looks at expiration dates ... and suddenly my pantry is half gone!!! Must be their generation ... I don't know about you but I was trained to use my nose for the expiration date. :laugh:

We are supposed to have freezing rain on Saturday .... not looking forward to that ... should be a good day to cuddle up with a book.

Kathianne
11-24-2010, 05:48 PM
OMGoodness .... when my daughter comes to visit me every summer the first thing she does is go through all my food and looks at expiration dates ... and suddenly my pantry is half gone!!! Must be their generation ... I don't know about you but I was trained to use my nose for the expiration date. :laugh:

We are supposed to have freezing rain on Saturday .... not looking forward to that ... should be a good day to cuddle up with a book.

Yes! On another board there was an excellent thread on the unemployment, food stamps, pantries. I posted about canned goods, the idea of an 'expiration date' being nonsensical. Once canned, it's as good as the can, regardless of date. If bulging or any sign of rust-no good, dangerous, throw out!

If intact it's good.

My kids don't seem to realize the difference between 'sell by' and 'use by' and even then, the nose is the master.

darin
11-24-2010, 07:11 PM
Guess I didn't make myself clear .... I'm the one that is frustrated because of the slow people ... and yes, I'm probably breaking the speed limit most of the time.... definitely not impeding the flow of traffic!!!

AH! Gotcha. Speed is probably the thing I check least often. I worry much more about how fast I am going in relation to traffic than as measured.

It's to early to start discussing snow!!!!!

As I look out my window I'm imagining a sunny 82 degree day, beautiful with many more to come............

wow, I already feel better. So much nicer than the crappy grey sky with freezing rain that is really happening. bleh

Oh Trigg - you KNOW I <3 you...But any snow you guys get, SEND NORTH!!!! can't believe ppl up here don't seem to like the snow either. :(

My mom (Kitsap County, WA) has been w/o power for days - except for her generator. I relish that livin - would love to live w/o power...rustic...for a week or so.

Kathianne
11-24-2010, 07:20 PM
AH! Gotcha. Speed is probably the thing I check least often. I worry much more about how fast I am going in relation to traffic than as measured.

Oh Trigg - you KNOW I <3 you...But any snow you guys get, SEND NORTH!!!! can't believe ppl up here don't seem to like the snow either. :(

My mom (Kitsap County, WA) has been w/o power for days - except for her generator. I relish that livin - would love to live w/o power...rustic...for a week or so.

truly dmp, you're nuts. With that said, I can't ignore I've gone from NK to snow/ice/driving. How weird and totally American. speaking of which, my most cognizant thread in religion. Cognizant/flamming take your adjective.

SassyLady
11-24-2010, 07:22 PM

I will always move over for someone cause I don't like being tailgated, but rarely do I have to do that because I'm the one that likes to sail down the road. Driving in the slow lane means you are always having to change lanes. Getting in the fast lane ... most people move over so you don't have to change lanes. Makes for an easier drive if I stay in the left lane. If I leave at night I can drive the 1000 miles to daughter's house and make it in about 13-14 hours. :laugh:

Interesting that you mentioned this. We've been looking at generators so that we are prepared if something happens to the power grid. Already have a couple of portable generators, but they run on gas.....so, if there is a power grid problem how do we get gas....thinking solar is better. We need power to run our well, so without power, we have no water. That would be really, really rustic .. having no water for a week.