PDA

View Full Version : Ground Zero Mosque Developer Wants 9/11 Funds

red states rule
11-24-2010, 04:01 AM
You knew this was going to happen folks. We the taxpayers are now being asked to help fund the Ground Zero Mosque

More "stimulus" for the economy????

The developer behind the controversial Islamic community center and mosque planned for Lower Manhattan has requested federal funding through the Lower Manhattan Development Corporation to support the project known as Park51.

The funding would come from money the Department of Housing and Urban Development allocated to help rebuild the neighborhood after the 9/11 attacks.

"Park51 has applied for a Lower Manhattan Development Corporation grant," said Sharif El-Gamal, CEO of SOHO Properties, the developer behind the Islamic center. In a statement, El-Gamal said the money would "in part fund social service programs such as domestic violence programs, Arabic and other foreign language classes, programs and services for homeless veterans, two multi-cultural art exhibits and immigration services."

http://articles.cnn.com/2010-11-22/us/new.york.islamic.center_1_lmdc-federal-funding-community-center?_s=PM:US

SassyLady
11-24-2010, 04:12 AM
Of course he does ... :bang3:

red states rule
11-24-2010, 04:21 AM
Of course he does ... :bang3:

The Religion of Peace. They want to build a mosque where 3,000 people were murdered and they want us to help pay of it

They hate America, but they love our American dollars

namvet
11-24-2010, 06:02 PM
hell why don't we just supply em with guns and ammo while we're at it ???

red states rule
11-26-2010, 04:58 AM
and in theri continuong efforts to wave the pom poms fro the Ground Zero Mosque we have this from NBC

NBC has announced that it has named the developer of the controversial Islamic prayer center near Ground Zero, Sharif el-Gamal, one of the network’s “People of the Year.” El-Gamal will sit down for an interview with NBC’s Matt Lauer on Thanksgiving night.

The prayer center, known as Park51, has sparked outrage and massive protests from people who say that building a mosque so close to the site of the World Trade Center attacks is disrespectful to 9/11 victims and their families.

NBC’s previous coverage of Park51 has sometimes come off as insensitive to the people who object to the prayer center’s construction. Last August, NBC anchor Mika Brzezinski referred to Park51 opponents as people “who don’t care about the Constitution.”

“New York's mayor actually came out pretty clearly on this, as well. And a lot of people are applauding him for his political strength because there are many who don’t care about the Constitution, just want to jump on what will get to people emotionally on this and connect with them,” said Brzezinski on NBC’s “Today Show” on Aug. 14.

Some of the reporters on the network also mocked former Alaska governor Sarah Palin for requesting that “peace-seeking Muslims” “refudiate” the proposed Islamic center.

“But of course, refudiate isn't an actual word, more like a blend of two words with similar meanings, refute and repudiate,” said reporter Peter Alexander, who quipped later in the segment that Palin “will have plenty of time to coin some new words going forward, Matt [Lauer]. The scheduled groundbreaking on this [Park51] site is still years away.”

Read more: http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/alana-goodman/2010/11/25/nbc-names-ground-zero-mosque-developer-person-year#ixzz16Ngrl800

SassyLady
11-26-2010, 05:25 AM
I started to watch this special and then when I saw the list ... I knew I couldn't stomach to watch.

chloe
11-26-2010, 08:55 AM
:laugh:
You knew this was going to happen folks. We the taxpayers are now being asked to help fund the Ground Zero Mosque

good grief charlie brown, can we offer free lunch vouchers, and possible transportation passes on uncle sam too

11-26-2010, 05:58 PM
You know, I don't really care if they build a mosque there. Yeah, it's insensitive. I can completely understand why people object, but i believe in freedom of religion and freedom of speech.

I draw a line at getting my tax money. If they want to build it on their own. Fine. But I am not supporting it with my money against my will.

abso
11-26-2010, 06:37 PM

i dont really care if they build it or not, and i dont care if they get the money or not, i have no interest in that subject at all, but i just wonder why everyone just jumped to the reaction of sarcasm, while none at all even bothered to ask about how the money will be used ?

does the mosque promote peaceful islam, or does it promote violence, if americans just hate radical islams, or terrorists then you should have no problem with moderate muslims, so when a muslim asks for funding, you should at least ask about why he wants it, or how will he use it, not just refuse without any reason.

if your reason is that muslims did 9/11 attacks, then i am a muslim too, should i be blamed because of the actions of some people whom i have no relation with, and all i have in common with is that i share the same religion ?

if any other project asks for funds, the questions will just be, how the money will be used, and what is the benifits for USA in funding that project, but when anything related to Islam is brought up, all what happens is rejections without any logical reason.

my country "egypt" gets USA aid every year, and israel gets even more aid than egypt, the aid for both countries is mainly spent on giving them weapons, so can you tell me, how is the aid to the military in egypt or israel or any other country in the world better than funding programs like this in your own country:
- Domestic violence programs,
- Arabic and other foreign language classes,
- Programs and services for homeless veterans
- Two multi-cultural art exhibits
- Immigration services.

if you say that most muslims hate america, can you tell me, how is that any different than most of americans who hate muslims ?

i am not saying that the mosque should be given any funds, i honestly dont care, i dont care if they build it or not, or if they get the funds or not, but what i am talking about is your reaction.

you all think that your hatred for muslims or islam is justified, then have you ever asked yourselfs the following question:
-Is the hatred of muslims to us justified ?

red states rule
11-26-2010, 07:44 PM
i dont really care if they build it or not, and i dont care if they get the money or not, i have no interest in that subject at all, but i just wonder why everyone just jumped to the reaction of sarcasm, while none at all even bothered to ask about how the money will be used ?

does the mosque promote peaceful islam, or does it promote violence, if americans just hate radical islams, or terrorists then you should have no problem with moderate muslims, so when a muslim asks for funding, you should at least ask about why he wants it, or how will he use it, not just refuse without any reason.

if your reason is that muslims did 9/11 attacks, then i am a muslim too, should i be blamed because of the actions of some people whom i have no relation with, and all i have in common with is that i share the same religion ?

if any other project asks for funds, the questions will just be, how the money will be used, and what is the benifits for USA in funding that project, but when anything related to Islam is brought up, all what happens is rejections without any logical reason.

my country "egypt" gets USA aid every year, and israel gets even more aid than egypt, the aid for both countries is mainly spent on giving them weapons, so can you tell me, how is the aid to the military in egypt or israel or any other country in the world better than funding programs like this in your own country:
- Domestic violence programs,
- Arabic and other foreign language classes,
- Programs and services for homeless veterans
- Two multi-cultural art exhibits
- Immigration services.

if you say that most muslims hate america, can you tell me, how is that any different than most of americans who hate muslims ?

i am not saying that the mosque should be given any funds, i honestly dont care, i dont care if they build it or not, or if they get the funds or not, but what i am talking about is your reaction.

you all think that your hatred for muslims or islam is justified, then have you ever asked yourselfs the following question:
-Is the hatred of muslims to us justified ?

I wonder if you would be so open minded if say a hadful of Americans mureder 3,000 Muslims at Mecca then years later a devloper wanted to build a Christian Curch less then 1/2 mile from the scene of the crime

Where is "peaceful" Islam taught BTW?

Before you start lecturing America about Domestic violence programs you should try and stop the women in your land from being beaten, beheaded, whiped, jailed, and stoned to death for displeasing their husbands or violating the Koran