PDA

View Full Version : Christianity Is For Thumpers Only or Not?

BoogyMan
11-24-2010, 12:54 PM
This is completely ridiculous. The scandals in the Catholic church have been roundly decried everywhere I have been and there has not been a single voice speaking out in support of the actions of the Cathlic church.

How about actually addressing the fact that we are talking about people who are planning to kill a woman for a belief?

First off I want to take back those petty "dimples" things in the first post I made in this thread. Secondly, dmp, I want to remind you that our own versions of Christians and many Christian leaders in this country are plain evil and are an embarrassment to the "Good people of Christianity" but we don't hear much uproar when these jerks do their dirt to little girls, little boys, other men in restroom stalls, and even when many of them stick their noses into foreign affairs in the namesake of "on the mission trail" and because of all that many murders are committed and many fortunes are stolen by whom? The missionaries or their surrogates? Life is complicated, dmp, and the less we interfere the better we will find ourselves. In the same consideration we don't need and should not accept interference. It's the your freedom stops where my nose starts theory. And that includes a whole array of considerations, don't you know?

Psychoblues

Kathianne
11-24-2010, 01:07 PM
This is completely ridiculous. The scandals in the Catholic church have been roundly decried everywhere I have been and there has not been a single voice speaking out in support of the actions of the Cathlic church.

How about actually addressing the fact that we are talking about people who are planning to kill a woman for a belief?

I think it fair to say that neither Democrats nor Republicans appreciate the child abuse by individuals that represent their parties. Indeed, using the actions of the individual to tar the whole organization is wrong.

Many Catholics feel the same way. They've spoken out against pedophiles within the Church. They've spoken out within their Church. They've changed where they'll give money to support the missions of the Church, but to keep the money out of the hands of diocese that have betrayed children, their families, and Church members.

Yet over and over again, it's 'Catholics' that are free game for all. Many of you wonder why I get a bit snarky with thumpers and those that think they know God's thinking. Sorry, I find those that think themselves so 'close to the Lord', pbuh, filled with fake piety and amongst the least Christian acting people I've met.

BoogyMan
11-24-2010, 02:16 PM
I think it fair to say that neither Democrats nor Republicans appreciate the child abuse by individuals that represent their parties. Indeed, using the actions of the individual to tar the whole organization is wrong.

Many Catholics feel the same way. They've spoken out against pedophiles within the Church. They've spoken out within their Church. They've changed where they'll give money to support the missions of the Church, but to keep the money out of the hands of diocese that have betrayed children, their families, and Church members.

Yet over and over again, it's 'Catholics' that are free game for all. Many of you wonder why I get a bit snarky with thumpers and those that think they know God's thinking. Sorry, I find those that think themselves so 'close to the Lord', pbuh, filled with fake piety and amongst the least Christian acting people I've met.

This is probably fodder for another thread, but are you claiming that we cannot know what God wants and that those who strive to be close to God are filled with fake piety?

Kathianne
11-24-2010, 02:20 PM
This is probably fodder for another thread, but are you claiming that we cannot know what God wants and that those who strive to be close to God are filled with fake piety?

Striving and knowing are very different. The later qualifies as self-delusional false piety.

BoogyMan
11-24-2010, 02:24 PM
Striving and knowing are very different. The later qualifies as self-delusional false piety.

Your comment would make a liar of Christ, Kathianne.

John 4:31-32 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Christ himself said man can know the truth.

Kathianne
11-24-2010, 02:30 PM
Your comment would make a liar of Christ, Kathianne.

Good luck with your interpretations. Your behaviors and pronouncements belie understanding of the principles.

BoogyMan
11-24-2010, 02:32 PM
Good luck with your interpretations. Your behaviors and pronouncements belie understanding of the principles.

What interpretation is required for "ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free?"

I would turn your argument back on you and say that you have no argument that can be supported with scripture in this case.

abso
11-24-2010, 02:35 PM
What interpretation is required for "ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free?"

I would turn your argument back on you and say that you have no argument that can be supported with scripture in this case.

i really tried to understand the subject that you both are talking about but i failed, so can we just stick with the subject instead of talking about other points which is completely irrelevant to the main topic. :salute:

Kathianne
11-24-2010, 02:36 PM

I'm not playing the scripture game, but do understand the 'judge not, less...'

I've no problem with those that claim to follow Christ, I believe it's a good choice. But I'll leave their beliefs between Christ and themselves, until they attack my beliefs.

I do hope you become a victim of your own closed mindedness. You and your ilk are hateful people, the type that create the 'Christian' terrorists.

BoogyMan
11-24-2010, 02:36 PM
i really tried to understand the subject that you both are talking about but i failed, so can we just stick with the subject instead of talking about other points which is completely irrelevant to the main topic. :salute:

Yeah, sorry abso. Like I said before it was possibly fodder for another thread.

Cheers

Kathianne
11-24-2010, 02:37 PM

Abso, you are correct. I'll split these posts.

BoogyMan
11-24-2010, 02:46 PM
Abso, you are correct. I'll split these posts.

Now what exactly is a "thumper," Kathianne?

Kathianne
11-24-2010, 02:49 PM
To the many Evangelicals that speak respectfully to others, I apologize for the inflammatory title. However, for years any of us that don't agree with literal interpretations, many find any excuse to attack fair game. Well, it's not ok, at least not to let it go without doing the favor in return.

Not all priests are pedophiles, just like all Evangelicals are not hate-filled, sanctimonious hypocrites. Many Catholics attempt to follow Christ, just like many Protestants and Evangelicals do, without claiming to know what will be the end of each of us on judgment day, which I do believe belongs to God alone.

Most Christians wish to serve Christ by spreading His message, unlikely to happen when one's message is so much like extreme Islam, 'Follow my interpretation of the Lord, pbuh, or die in this life or the next.'

fj1200
11-24-2010, 02:49 PM

Will man "know" the truth on earth or in heaven? I don't think he was referring to an earthly kingdom.

Kathianne
11-24-2010, 02:55 PM
Now what exactly is a "thumper," Kathianne?

I doubt I coined that, I've seen it a lot. My definition as used years ago on USMB, would be those that grab the Bible to prove they and those that agree with them know the way, the only way.

If not for those types of Evangelicals, I doubt I'd ever post on religion. Off that topic, without exception that I can think of I like them. However, I will not deny God, my religion, or what I believe Christianity means-following Christ.

The extreme Evangelicals are much like Abso is to Islam. Not violent themselves, but certainly could understand persecution of those that see Christianity differently in meaning.

abso
11-24-2010, 02:55 PM
Yeah, sorry abso. Like I said before it was possibly fodder for another thread.

Cheers

thanks, now it would be more helpful if someone can explain to me this subject so that i can participate :cool:

Kathianne
11-24-2010, 02:56 PM
Will man "know" the truth on earth or in heaven? I don't think he was referring to an earthly kingdom.

I don't know if 'we're' right, but that too is my interpretation. Much like the Face of God.

BoogyMan
11-24-2010, 02:56 PM

By knowing the truth, as Christ said we would, we can know how to follow and to be pleasing to Him.

Read verses 28 and 29 of John 8. It precedes this discussion with another "you will know" type comment that cannot be denied as knowing now.

BoogyMan
11-24-2010, 02:57 PM
I don't know if 'we're' right, but that too is my interpretation. Much like the Face of God.

There is no private interpretation, Kathianne.

2 Pet 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

Does simply knowing my Bible make me a "thumper?"

Kathianne
11-24-2010, 02:58 PM
thanks, now it would be more helpful if someone can explain to me this subject so that i can participate :cool:

If you think there are schisms in Islam, trust me, Christianity has its own that run deep. Some believers think they are gods, though they would disagree with that analogy, they just claim to 'know' what God wants.

Kathianne
11-24-2010, 03:00 PM
There is no private interpretation, Kathianne.

Does simply knowing my Bible make me a "thumper?"

Yes, there is private interpretation. Indeed, claiming to KNOW what God wants outside of Commandments and Christ's own words, is to blaspheme. You are a false prophet, a self-appointed god.

BoogyMan
11-24-2010, 03:00 PM
If you think there are schisms in Islam, trust me, Christianity has its own that run deep. Some believers think they are gods, though they would disagree with that analogy, they just claim to 'know' what God wants.

Kathianne, you have failed to show how man simply cannot know what God wants, so I am not sure how you can make that statement.

Kathianne
11-24-2010, 03:02 PM
Kathianne, you have failed to show how man simply cannot know what God wants, so I am not sure how you can make that statement.

Just as easily as you make your statements. Indeed, there are many that have preached your falsehoods in the name of persecution of others.

fj1200
11-24-2010, 03:06 PM
By knowing the truth, as Christ said we would, we can know how to follow and to be pleasing to Him.

Read verses 28 and 29 of John 8. It precedes this discussion with another "you will know" type comment that cannot be denied as knowing now.

And there are countless times where I think he is referring to a heavenly kingdom and not earthly even though He speaks in a present context. Luke 23:43

gabosaurus
11-24-2010, 03:06 PM
If Christianity is only for "thumpers" then I must be thumping pretty hard.

Scripture is how you interpret it. This is true in all religions. The anti-Muslim factions do the same things as the anti-Christian factions.

BoogyMan
11-24-2010, 03:07 PM
Just as easily as you make your statements. Indeed, there are many that have preached your falsehoods in the name of persecution of others.

Another false assertion on your part, kind lady. Who have I persecuted? Be specific. Since I quoted scripture directly it would seem that you are calling the scripture falsehood.

Kathianne
11-24-2010, 03:09 PM
Another false assertion on your part, kind lady. Who have I persecuted? Be specific. Since I quoted scripture directly it would seem that you are calling the scripture falsehood.

Try reading that post again.

No, I'm calling your interpretation of your religion wrong. You will be forgiven though.

BoogyMan
11-24-2010, 03:12 PM
Try reading that post again.

No, I'm calling your interpretation of your religion wrong. You will be forgiven though.

Words mean things, Kathianne. You say that "my interpretation of my religion" is wrong? Hmmm.

We CAN know the truth, and the truth will make us free. We have already seen that.

Now you claim that I will be forgiven for teaching what you call error, but you won't specifically tell me what the error is and prove it scripturally.

Curiouser and curiouser.

abso
11-24-2010, 03:18 PM

it depends on what a man says.

if a man says that he knows that GOD want him to travel to italy, i would call that silly, as its as you say, they consider themselfs prophets who claim to know the word of GOD and his wishes, but if he merely say that GOD want us not to lie, then i would agree, as you said, if someone claims that he knows what GOD wants other than the usual known virtues then its as if he is claiming himself a prophet.

what we do in normal situations which have nothing to do with virtues is up to us not GOD, and we can never know what GOD want us to do, i can never know that GOD wants me to take a job and leave the other, or marry a women not the other .......etc, this all are things that we have to decide on our own, without knowing what will happen, or what GOD wants, we just have to take the risk that something bad might happen or enjoy the good thing if it happens, but knowing what GOD wants or what will happen next, is not humanly at all.

i am not sure if what i am saying is related to the subject or not but thats what i could understand about the subject, sorry if i am wrong and if what i said is irrelevant to the subject.

abso
11-24-2010, 03:19 PM
Words mean things, Kathianne. You say that "my interpretation of my religion" is wrong? Hmmm.

We CAN know the truth, and the truth will make us free. We have already seen that.

Now you claim that I will be forgiven for teaching what you call error, but you won't specifically tell me what the error is and prove it scripturally.

Curiouser and curiouser.

what do you mean but the truth, do you mean that we all can know the word of GOD and what he wants, or what ?

darin
11-24-2010, 03:21 PM
did somebody really make an entire thread to refute something PB wrote?

Boogy...consider the source. :)

re: Truth. People want to believe the truth. Scratch that - people insist what they believe IS truth. If I didn't 100% believe in my religion my faith or participation would be useless.

BoogyMan
11-24-2010, 03:35 PM

re: Truth. People want to believe the truth. Scratch that - people insist what they believe IS truth. If I didn't 100% believe in my religion my faith or participation would be useless.

We have truth that we can simply sit down and study, DMP. :)

Kathianne
11-24-2010, 04:28 PM
what do you mean but the truth, do you mean that we all can know the word of GOD and what he wants, or what ?

He means that what he says is the same as God. He is mistaken, he follows a false path. There is only one God, I doubt his name is Boogeyman.

Kathianne
11-24-2010, 04:31 PM

For all your quoting Scripture, you've never made comments that lead one to believe you speak as God speaks. I respect your beliefs, we know we don't see eye-to-eye, but I've never considered you someone that thinks Catholics are going to hell, for being Catholic alone. There's a bit of difference there.

To consider that by reading or memorizing the Bible, New and/or Old Testaments, means you KNOW as God knows, sorry not buying that one. That you are seeking to be more Christ-like, yes.

abso
11-24-2010, 04:50 PM
He means that what he says is the same as God. He is mistaken, he follows a false path. There is only one God, I doubt his name is Boogeyman.

if that is what he means, then i completely agree with you, unless if he can explain to me what he means in a different way that doesnt go against all my beliefs about GOD.

BoogyMan
11-24-2010, 07:21 PM

Well, Kathianne, you have just presented the biggest falsehood of the thread.

What I am doing is quoting the scripture, verbatim, without addition or subtraction.

It is pretty revealing when you claim the Bible to be a false path.

BoogyMan
11-24-2010, 07:22 PM
if that is what he means, then i completely agree with you, unless if he can explain to me what he means in a different way that doesnt go against all my beliefs about GOD.

Abso, see my post above. That is what I mean in a very succinct statement.

Kathianne
11-24-2010, 07:27 PM

Yet, you think the voice of God is with you, through the scriptures. Nothing false about my take, only yours in interpretation that you claim you aren't making.

BoogyMan
11-24-2010, 07:30 PM
Yet, you think the voice of God is with you, through the scriptures. Nothing false about my take, only yours in interpretation that you claim you aren't making.

Yet again, kind lady, words mean things. Are you saying that the Bible is NOT the word of God and from your previous comment that following the Bible makes one a follower of a false path?

You have not answered a single question here and I hope you step up and actually do so.

Kathianne
11-24-2010, 07:32 PM
Yet again, kind lady, words mean things. Are you saying that the Bible is NOT the word of God and from your previous comment that following the Bible makes one a follower of a false path?

You have not answered a single question here and I hope you step up and actually do so.

Your 'questions' are from a false premise, which is why I refuse to acknowledge.

You do see yourself as a god, but satan like, you want me to enjoin in your conversation. I'm not going to, so stop asking.

Feel free to post, but expect the same in return.

darin
11-24-2010, 07:44 PM
For all your quoting Scripture, you've never made comments that lead one to believe you speak as God speaks. I respect your beliefs, we know we don't see eye-to-eye, but I've never considered you someone that thinks Catholics are going to hell, for being Catholic alone. There's a bit of difference there.

To consider that by reading or memorizing the Bible, New and/or Old Testaments, means you KNOW as God knows, sorry not buying that one. That you are seeking to be more Christ-like, yes.

I believe nobody will go to heaven or hell based on their religious affiliation. Frankly, I've known Muslims who are more Christ-like than MANY 'christians'. Those folks have NOTHING to worry about.

Thing is -I try not to limit God to "The Bible'. I believe God is so vastly bigger than the Bible it makes the bible a little bit unnecessary in terms of really knowing Him. Nobody in the bible HAD a bible...and since Christ has fulfilled The Law, the OT serves mostly as a record of events - and a repository of guidance and lessons God brought folks through.

So - I focus my energy on staying away from canned religion, and pointed towards learning from my Creator, while living on his Creation, as much as I can. :)

Kathianne
11-24-2010, 07:47 PM
I believe nobody will go to heaven or hell based on their religious affiliation. Frankly, I've known Muslims who are more Christ-like than MANY 'christians'. Those folks have NOTHING to worry about.

Thing is -I try not to limit God to "The Bible'. I believe God is so vastly bigger than the Bible it makes the bible a little bit unnecessary in terms of really knowing Him. Nobody in the bible HAD a bible...and since Christ has fulfilled The Law, the OT serves mostly as a record of events - and a repository of guidance and lessons God brought folks through.

So - I focus my energy on staying away from canned religion, and pointed towards learning from my Creator, while living on his Creation, as much as I can. :)

Ok. That's sort of what I said, in a way.

Kathianne
11-24-2010, 07:51 PM
Ok. That's sort of what I said, in a way.

What I meant was, however you are arriving at where you are/believe, I never felt that you believed that to be correct, my beliefs had to be false. Mine never did in the opposite, which is what I think part of Christ's message.

We are to follow Him, to the best of our ability, spreading his message. I see that in you, I try to live it too.

What I don't believe is those that tell anyone, Christian or not, that they don't 'get it.' Christ didn't make it difficult. Only those that are listening to another force act in place of God. They always fail.

BoogyMan
11-24-2010, 10:05 PM
Your 'questions' are from a false premise, which is why I refuse to acknowledge.

You do see yourself as a god, but satan like, you want me to enjoin in your conversation. I'm not going to, so stop asking.

Feel free to post, but expect the same in return.

Wow, Kathianne, so anyone who actually knows the scripture is satan like? The cowardice shown in refusing to even answer a question speaks volumes. You claim my questions are from what you call a "false premise," but you won't define that premise and you then simply call me satan-like and expect that to stand?

You do realize that cowardice will not find you pleasing to God, right?

2 Tim 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Also consider:

1 Peter 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear.

darin
11-25-2010, 09:26 AM
...and your condescending and aggressive tone, Brother Boogy, is insulting and does not display any grasp of 'love', does it? :)

abso
11-25-2010, 10:36 AM

its may be very siccinct statement but its not obvious at all, so just answer my direct question, do you believe that you know what GOD wants all the time ?

BoogyMan
11-25-2010, 11:55 AM
its may be very siccinct statement but its not obvious at all, so just answer my direct question, do you believe that you know what GOD wants all the time ?

I believe that God has given us what we need to know to be pleasing to him and that when we go outside of that written word that we are working on OUR desires instead of those which God has expressly given us.

2 Tim 3:16-17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: that the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

BoogyMan
11-25-2010, 11:59 AM
...and your condescending and aggressive tone, Brother Boogy, is insulting and does not display any grasp of 'love', does it? :)

When one tells me I am toiling in error and refuses to explain why, THAT is not condescending or aggressive?

Which kind of love are you speaking of, dmp? If it is the agape type of love spoken of most often in the NT, it is entirely apropos to speak directly, seriously, and with the authority shown in the NT for dealing with those who will not honestly approach the discussion of spiritual matters.

abso
11-25-2010, 12:12 PM
I believe that God has given us what we need to know to be pleasing to him and that when we go outside of that written word that we are working on OUR desires instead of those which God has expressly given us.

yes i know that GOD has given us all the main moral guidance lines that we should all abide by it to please him.

its simple, we can all please him by being good humans, its not hard to distinct between the right and the wrong, but what does that have to do with you being like GOD :confused:

but not all our desires are outside what GOD has given us, many things in yourlife has nothing to do with what GOD told us, GOD only told us to be good humans, but he didnt plan all our life for us, most of our desires have nothing to do with GOD at all.

BoogyMan
11-25-2010, 12:15 PM
yes i know that GOD has given us all the main moral guidance lines that we should all abide by it to please him.

its simple, we can all please him by being good humans, its not hard to distinct between the right and the wrong, but what does that have to do with you being like GOD :confused:

but not all our desires are outside what GOD has given us, many things in yourlife has nothing to do with what GOD told us, GOD only told us to be good humans, but he didnt plan all our life for us, most of our desires have nothing to do with GOD at all.

Read the scripture I posted over again, abso, we have been given all we need that we may prepare ourselves to handle life.

abso
11-25-2010, 12:19 PM
Read the scripture I posted over again, abso, we have been given all we need that we may prepare ourselves to handle life.

yes i know that, but that doesnt mean that we are all GODs or prophets, we are just humans who have been told to be good.

BoogyMan
11-25-2010, 08:06 PM
yes i know that, but that doesnt mean that we are all GODs or prophets, we are just humans who have been told to be good.

Nobody ever said WE are Gods, that has never even been asserted. We are humans who are given instruction in how to live in a manner that is pleasing to God.....part of that is teaching His word as it was presented and not backing down when someone makes claims against that teaching while refusing to substantiate them.

Christians are a holy priesthood set aside for a work that God has given us in the New Testament.

1 Peter 2:5-10 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.
6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.
7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,
8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.
9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:
10 Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

abso
11-26-2010, 02:32 AM
Nobody ever said WE are Gods, that has never even been asserted. We are humans who are given instruction in how to live in a manner that is pleasing to God.....part of that is teaching His word as it was presented and not backing down when someone makes claims against that teaching while refusing to substantiate them.

Christians are a holy priesthood set aside for a work that God has given us in the New Testament.

so all you are saying is that we are given instructions that we should abide by it and we should teach it to others ?

Kathianne
11-26-2010, 08:22 AM
so all you are saying is that we are given instructions that we should abide by it and we should teach it to others ?

Notice how he's taken you back to the beginning? It's circular. 'I'm not saying I'm god, I'm saying God has given me and those who believe as I do, the way God wants us to believe.' You, 'So you know all the time, how God thinks and thus know what is right, always?' Him, 'God has given us, not gods, the tools to know what we should do, that's why we know what man should do.' You, 'So you know the mind of God, you are a god? You think.' Him, 'No, I'm not saying that, ...' repeat.

The message is simple on the face of it, but chaos inducing in fact. God is not the source of chaos. when one follows Him, peace, not turmoil is the result. Once man or a group of men proclaim to know what God wants, the next step is to assumption of enforcer. It gives rise to the worst we see done to people-God's creations-in the name of God. All 3 of the monotheistic religions warn against this, yet it happens over and over again.

We see the examples in what today we refer to as extremists. Be it those that willfully martyr themselves and scores of innocents in His name or those who know that God wants this piece of land for certain people or those who know that those people are bad and must be destroyed, for God. It's a perversion of God's Will, though those doing so believe, really believe, that they are doing what they know is the right thing. Not for one second do they contemplate they may have gotten the message wrong. Indeed, they are god.

BoogyMan
11-26-2010, 01:59 PM
Complete hogwash, Kathianne. Utter and complete. The ONLY thing you have close to correct is that God is not the author of confusion, but you muddy that to claim that we simply cannot understand His will as it was left for us in the Bible.

Talk about circular reasoning, you claim to believe in Christ at the same time that you dance around your view that the Bible cannot be understood. If the Bible cannot be understood then how is it that you believe in Christ? Of course the Bible also tells us that we should be willing to defend what we believe and you won't do that either.

It is a pretty sorry tactic to make up a bunch of allegations and then refuse to substantiate them while falsely claiming some sort of hold on moral high ground.

Notice how he's taken you back to the beginning? It's circular. 'I'm not saying I'm god, I'm saying God has given me and those who believe as I do, the way God wants us to believe.' You, 'So you know all the time, how God thinks and thus know what is right, always?' Him, 'God has given us, not gods, the tools to know what we should do, that's why we know what man should do.' You, 'So you know the mind of God, you are a god? You think.' Him, 'No, I'm not saying that, ...' repeat.

The message is simple on the face of it, but chaos inducing in fact. God is not the source of chaos. when one follows Him, peace, not turmoil is the result. Once man or a group of men proclaim to know what God wants, the next step is to assumption of enforcer. It gives rise to the worst we see done to people-God's creations-in the name of God. All 3 of the monotheistic religions warn against this, yet it happens over and over again.

We see the examples in what today we refer to as extremists. Be it those that willfully martyr themselves and scores of innocents in His name or those who know that God wants this piece of land for certain people or those who know that those people are bad and must be destroyed, for God. It's a perversion of God's Will, though those doing so believe, really believe, that they are doing what they know is the right thing. Not for one second do they contemplate they may have gotten the message wrong. Indeed, they are god.

BoogyMan
11-26-2010, 02:00 PM

That is the gist of what I am saying. The things the New Testament teaches us will sustain us through whatever we face and we are to use those teachings in dealing with the trials of daily life.

We are also to teach the good news to others that they may also be free.

abso
11-26-2010, 02:28 PM
That is the gist of what I am saying. The things the New Testament teaches us will sustain us through whatever we face and we are to use those teachings in dealing with the trials of daily life.

We are also to teach the good news to others that they may also be free.

if thats all what you mean, then i agree with it, be it bible or Quran or torah, its all are religious text books which guide us to the morals that we all should abide by, and we should spread the morality as much as we can.

BoogyMan
11-26-2010, 10:44 PM
if thats all what you mean, then i agree with it, be it bible or Quran or torah, its all are religious text books which guide us to the morals that we all should abide by, and we should spread the morality as much as we can.

This is where we differ also though. I cannot say that the New Testament would approve of religious texts outside of the Bible.

Jude 1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

abso
11-27-2010, 05:48 AM
This is where we differ also though. I cannot say that the New Testament would approve of religious texts outside of the Bible.

then you dont approve of torah too ?

BoogyMan
11-27-2010, 05:53 PM
then you dont approve of torah too ?

The Torah (also called the Pentateuch) refers to the first 5 books of the Old Testament, this is a law that Christians are not under. It matters not whether I personally approve of anything, I would have hoped you would see that by now.

PostmodernProphet
11-28-2010, 09:11 AM
The Torah (also called the Pentateuch) refers to the first 5 books of the Old Testament, this is a law that Christians are not under. It matters not whether I personally approve of anything, I would have hoped you would see that by now.

???...except that the law we ARE under is found in the first five books of the OT as well as the levitical codes which we are not under......

Kathianne
11-28-2010, 09:27 AM
???...except that the law we ARE under is found in the first five books of the OT as well as the levitical codes which we are not under......

which illustrates my post to Abso in #54.