PDA

View Full Version : missing my daughter

Trigg
11-24-2010, 04:23 PM
Sent my little girl to Kansas with my parents to visit her great grandad and grandmother. She's spending the night tonight with her great Aunt (the one she went to Finland with earlier in the summer). She's also spending time with her great great Aunt.

So mainly a bunch of old people :laugh:

She keeps texting us so I think she's getting a little bored, poor thing.

I've never spent a holiday without her so I'm missing my baby.

SassyLady
11-24-2010, 04:33 PM
Sent my little girl to Kansas with my parents to visit her great grandad and grandmother. She's spending the night tonight with her great Aunt (the one she went to Finland with earlier in the summer). She's also spending time with her great great Aunt.

:(

It's a hard adjustment to make ... cutting those strings one by one... hopefully she'll be back soon and bored with her parents!!!

Kathianne
11-24-2010, 04:34 PM

Trigg, how old is she now? Oh my, I'd be crazy too! I love family for the holidays, but she is with family, so good on her. How about you? What's on your plate, pun intended, tomorrow?

Trigg
11-24-2010, 04:39 PM
Trigg, how old is she now? Oh my, I'd be crazy too! I love family for the holidays, but she is with family, so good on her. How about you? What's on your plate, pun intended, tomorrow?

She's 15 and yes, she's with family that she doesn't get to see to much of, so I'm happy that she was able to go. I still wish she was here, geez I'm gonna cry..............I'm such a baby

Tomorrow we are off to the in-laws. I'm in charge of desert and thankfully we only have to travel about 20 minutes away.

Kathianne
11-24-2010, 04:42 PM
She's 15 and yes, she's with family that she doesn't get to see to much of, so I'm happy that she was able to go. I still wish she was here, geez I'm gonna cry..............I'm such a baby

Tomorrow we are off to the in-laws. I'm in charge of desert and thankfully we only have to travel about 20 minutes away.

Oh it will be good! Last year my SIL set up video with her daughter and husband in NY, along with the inlaws there. It was fun, we all were like those weird families trying to get on camera! LOL! I think called Snipe? Perhaps someone much better technology wise can explain?

It was funny, it was followed up by phone call. ;)

Trigg
11-24-2010, 04:46 PM
Oh it will be good! Last year my SIL set up video with her daughter and husband in NY, along with the inlaws there. It was fun, we all were like those weird families trying to get on camera! LOL! I think called Snipe? Perhaps someone much better technology wise can explain?

It was funny, it was followed up by phone call. ;)

ya, we do snipe with my sister in Finland, it's a great way to keep in touch.

Kathianne
11-24-2010, 04:50 PM
ya, we do snipe with my sister in Finland, it's a great way to keep in touch.

Bring a laptop if you can! It was fun, as obviously you know. Nothing like 15 people on one side and 20 on the other all trying to 'get in.' :laugh2:

darin
11-24-2010, 09:11 PM
I'd love a DebatePolicy ThanksGiving meal some day...we here in the midwest might-should lookit something like that.

Kathianne
11-25-2010, 05:09 AM
I'd love a DebatePolicy ThanksGiving meal some day...we here in the midwest might-should lookit something like that.

Would be fun!

Trigg
11-26-2010, 04:37 PM
well they were supposed to get home tomorrow, but my grandad (93) fell and fractured his hip.

The surgery was earlier today and of course they wanted to stay until he was in recovery. He's fine and came through the surgery very well. He's a strong man, takes care of himself and gets around very well for his age, so I hope this doesn't slow him down for to long.

The boys are missing her. Last night they both slept on my floor because, they can't sleep upstairs without their sister.

Kathianne
11-26-2010, 04:40 PM
well they were supposed to get home tomorrow, but my grandad (93) fell and fractured his hip.

The surgery was earlier today and of course they wanted to stay until he was in recovery. He's fine and came through the surgery very well. He's a strong man, takes care of himself and gets around very well for his age, so I hope this doesn't slow him down for to long.

The boys are missing her. Last night they both slept on my floor because, they can't sleep upstairs without their sister.

I'm sorry about your Grandad, but glad to hear he's doing ok. I hope that your daughter gets home soon, boys without sleep? :eek:

Trigg
11-26-2010, 07:11 PM
I'm sorry about your Grandad, but glad to hear he's doing ok. I hope that your daughter gets home soon, boys without sleep? :eek:

It's an excuse to drag their blankets into my room for the night.:laugh:

SassyLady
11-26-2010, 09:51 PM

Wow, Trigg, sorry to hear about your granddad...good thing the family was visiting and could be there for support.