PDA

View Full Version : Willie Nelson Calls For National Teapot Party

Psychoblues
11-30-2010, 02:22 AM
This may sound hilarious to some but this subject is serious as a damned heart attack in my neck of the woods. I can't tell you how many of our very young people and adults are serving hard time for personal possession charges and other charges that would be misdemeanors if anything at all in other locations. The War on Drugs is the biggest failure of anything in the history of the United States of America.

source: Cannabis Culture

ANNABIS CULTURE - Country music and pot community icon Willie Nelson has responded to his Friday arrest in Texas for marijuana possession by calling for the creation of a National "Teapot Party" to legalize marijuana.

In an email to popular pot website CelebStoner, the well-known singer wrote, "There's the Tea Party. How about the Teapot Party? Our motto: We lean a little to the left."

"Tax it, regulate it and legalize it," Nelson continued. "And stop the border wars over drugs. Why should the drug lords make all the money? Thousands of lives will be saved."

Nelson was arrested at a US Border Patrol checkpoint in Sierra Blanca, Texas on the morning of Friday, November 26 when officers found six ounces of marijuana on his tour bus. Border guards said they smelled the strong odor of marijuana emanating from the vehicle and ordered a search. Nelson claimed the pot was his and was arrested with three others.

Nelson could face up to two years in prison according to press reports.

The Grammy Award-winning music star set up a Facebook Page on Sunday morning, Willie Nelson's Teapot Party, and it already has almost 8,000 'Likes'.

The 77-year-old Nelson has been a strong advocate for the legalization of marijuana, and has been arrested for cannabis at least twice before, including once in 1995 for a joint in his car ashtray, and again in 2006 with 1.5 pounds of pot (and three ounces of magic mushrooms) on his tour bus............................................... .............................

Much More and Many More Links: http://cannabisculture.com/v2/content/2010/11/29/Wille-Nelson-Calls-National-Teapot-Party-After-Arrest

Good thing for a lot of us to get behind. I don't smoke but I would certainly spend some time and effort supporting the rights of others that choose to.

Psychoblues