PDA

View Full Version : Drugs, Addiction and Brutally Murdered Fairies

NightTrain
12-04-2010, 12:39 AM
Last week my daughter came home from kindergarten wearing a large sticker proclaiming “Hugs! Not drugs.” I asked her what the sticker meant and she explained that she's now a member of D.A.R.E and that if people try to sell you drugs you should say, “No, thank you” and hug them. And while I appreciate the sentiment, I can’t help but thinking that snuggling with rejected drug dealers might not be the safest move for a kindergartner. I asked my daughter if she even knew what drugs were and she admitted that she wasn’t really paying attention but she thought they were “like bears, only smaller.” I think the point here is that the D.A.R.E. system is fundamentally flawed and that my child might need Ritalin.

Regardless, it is disconcerting that the information our children get about drugs is often wrong or lacking and it leaves them ill-equipped to make rational decisions about whether or not to do drugs and so I’ve created a small outline of the most popular drugs and their effects that you can share with your children. You’re welcome.

Rest of article :
http://thestir.cafemom.com/big_kid/112947/lesson_six_drugs_addiction_and

SassyLady
12-04-2010, 01:04 AM
Last week my daughter came home from kindergarten wearing a large sticker proclaiming “Hugs! Not drugs.” I asked her what the sticker meant and she explained that she's now a member of D.A.R.E and that if people try to sell you drugs you should say, “No, thank you” and hug them. And while I appreciate the sentiment, I can’t help but thinking that snuggling with rejected drug dealers might not be the safest move for a kindergartner. I asked my daughter if she even knew what drugs were and she admitted that she wasn’t really paying attention but she thought they were “like bears, only smaller.” I think the point here is that the D.A.R.E. system is fundamentally flawed and that my child might need Ritalin.

Regardless, it is disconcerting that the information our children get about drugs is often wrong or lacking and it leaves them ill-equipped to make rational decisions about whether or not to do drugs and so I’ve created a small outline of the most popular drugs and their effects that you can share with your children. You’re welcome.

Rest of article :
http://thestir.cafemom.com/big_kid/112947/lesson_six_drugs_addiction_and

Man ... you really scared me ... I thought you were talking about your own daughter!

NightTrain
12-04-2010, 01:24 AM
LOL, no. I like her writing style, her description of marijuana was pretty funny.

SassyLady
12-04-2010, 02:11 AM
LOL, no. I like her writing style, her description of marijuana was pretty funny.

I know .... I have an 11 year old granddaughter that absolutely loves fairies and still believes they exist....so I'm going to print this out and take with me when I go see her at Christmas. She'll believe every word of this!!!