PDA

View Full Version : War on Christmas 2010 Continues

red states rule
12-05-2010, 07:34 AM
Leave to some "offended" assholes to have a fit over seeing the word Christmas during the month of December at a Christmas display

Once again, a few people who go through life looking for things to be "offended" about win out over the majority

Thanks to gutless city officials

Philadelphia's Christmas Village was just a village, at least temporarily.

Officials decided a name change was in order after receiving complaints about the use of the word Christmas in the name for the temporary merchandise stalls set up on a plaza next to City Hall.

Workers removed "Christmas" from the arching signs at two entrances on Monday. It would be replaced with the word “Holiday” instead.

City spokesman Mark McDonald said that officials received complaints about the name of the collection of booths set up by German American Marketing Inc.

"As a city of great diversity, one shouldn't be surprised that there's a difference of views when it comes to symbols and words," McDonald told the Daily News.

Thomas Bauer of the German American Marketing Inc. said he was happy to make the change and no offense was intended.

"It's been very successful the last two years. People like the name. We built it like a German Christmas market. We did not think a lot about it," Bauer told the Daily News.

The word "Christmas" would remain on the village posters and fliers, Bauer said.

The village has been set up the last two years on Dilworth Plaza, near the city's tree and vendors sell items such as tree ornaments, Santa decorations and nativity scenes obviously referring to the 25th of December.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local-beat/City-Officials-Remove-Christmas--111032004.html

jimnyc
12-05-2010, 07:36 AM
I wish just once I could be on the other end of the telephone, or behind the desk at the city, when one of these assholes complains. They thought the "Christmas" was rude? Wait until I get into the Christmas spirit and tell them to go fuck themselves and go to Saudi Arabia if they don't like it!!

red states rule
12-05-2010, 07:41 AM
I wish just once I could be on the other end of the telephone, or behind the desk at the city, when one of these assholes complains. They thought the "Christmas" was rude? Wait until I get into the Christmas spirit and tell them to go fuck themselves and go to Saudi Arabia if they don't like it!!

Ditto

I would have told these assholes off.

"It is the Christmas season an you will see the word Christmas at the display"

"If you are offened - I do not give shit. If you are offended - do not attend the Christmas Village"

"Merry Christmas asshole"

Abbey Marie
12-05-2010, 06:34 PM
I would love to know just how many complaints they received. I've been in two different situations where just one person's complaint changed an entire school's policy. Not about Christmas, but I think the point is illustrative. In a country that I have heard is around 85% Christian, when will we stop allowing the tyranny of the few?

I think I wuv woo. ;)

SassyLady
12-05-2010, 07:42 PM
Leave to some "offended" assholes to have a fit over seeing the word Christmas during the month of December at a Christmas display

Once again, a few people who go through life looking for things to be "offended" about win out over the majority

Thanks to gutless city officials

Hey, pretty soon people will be offended that their favorite president doesn't have a designated holiday and then there will be 45 government paid holidays to add to the current list. Ugggghhh!!!

Was walking out of COSTCO the other day and the door attendant said Merry Christmas and I looked at him and gave him the biggest smile and said you have no idea how happy you just made me ... and Merry Christmas to you, too!!! He was delighted ... it was like we belonged to a secret society that is breaking the rules by saying Merry Christmas!! Really is fun!

REDWHITEBLUE2
12-06-2010, 12:48 AM
I'M Offended by Gay Parades but the city doesn't give a shit what I think

red states rule
12-06-2010, 04:58 AM
Hey, pretty soon people will be offended that their favorite president doesn't have a designated holiday and then there will be 45 government paid holidays to add to the current list. Ugggghhh!!!

The ONLY holiday Obama will give will be on January 20, 2013 when the NEW REPUBLICAN President will be sworn in and Obama leaves DC for good

bullypulpit
12-06-2010, 05:47 AM
The only "war on Christmas" is in the minds of the RWN punditocracy and their slavish followers. Followers like you, Red. The sad fact is that Christmas was sacrificed on the altar of the gods of the marketplace years ago.

logroller
12-06-2010, 07:06 AM
I support freedom of religion. After all, there's bound to be more than one way to accept Jesus Christ as your personal savior.

Thunderknuckles
12-06-2010, 10:28 AM
I would really like to know what goes on the heads of people that get offended by Christmas. I just don't get it. If folks wanted to set up a village for Kwanzaa, Hannukah or whatever, I wouldn't be offended by it in the least. Let each and everyone celebrate their own holidays and at the very least take the opportunity at this special time of the year to spread a little good will around amongst people of all faiths.

Pagan
12-06-2010, 10:54 AM
I support freedom of religion. After all, there's bound to be more than one way to accept Jesus Christ as your personal savior.

Yep, thus is one of the many reasons why Government must be secular and not support any religion. That is the only way freedom of religion can be maintained, but that concept is so clearly vacant from the clueless zealots.

Thunderknuckles
12-06-2010, 11:36 AM
Yep, thus is one of the many reasons why Government must be secular and not support any religion. That is the only way freedom of religion can be maintained, but that concept is so clearly vacant from the clueless zealots.
What does any of this have to do with upholding a secular government?
The Christmas Village event is sponsored by German American Marketing, Inc. , the vending booths populated with local artisans, all on public ground that anyone can use for any public gathering provided they are granted a permit by the city.

What about this stinks of government sponsored religion?

If anything, liberals should be pissed off that city government demanded the removal of any religious affiliation from a privately run event. It smacks a lot more of government suppression of religion.

Pagan
12-06-2010, 11:40 AM
What does any of this have to do with upholding a secular government?
The Christmas Village event is sponsored by German American Marketing, Inc. , the vending booths populated with local artisans, all on public ground that anyone can use for any public gathering provided they are granted a permit by the city.

What about this stinks of government sponsored religion?

If anything, liberals should be pissed off that city government demanded the removal of any religious affiliation from a privately run event. It smacks a lot more of government suppression of religion.

If Government is not funding nor sponsoring the event then they are crossing the line here thus not being "secular".

Thunderknuckles
12-06-2010, 11:48 AM
If Government is not funding nor sponsoring the event then they are crossing the line here thus not being "secular".
:beer:

red states rule
12-07-2010, 04:22 AM
Now we have a school removing "Christmas" from the school calendar

and some say there is no annual war on Christmas

A North Carolina school district is taking "Christmas" off the school calendar, and it's not sitting well with some people.

Some Christians are upset because they feel like it's stripping the religious part out of the day, while school officials say they're referring to all religious celebrations as holidays.

It's been the subject of much debate for years. Around this time of year, do you say "Merry Christmas" or "Happy Holidays"? The issue is taking center stage in North Carolina right now, where one school board's decision is sparking outrage among some Christians.

The New Hanover County Board of Education recently changed its official school calendar to list Christmas and Easter as a "holiday."

"I think that they've offended a lot of people," Theresa McCoy, owner of Cox Christian Bookstore told our affiliate WECT-TV. "(They have offended) the Christians who love God and the Christians that want to talk about Christmas."

The board chairman says he thinks Christmas should be recognized, telling our affiliate, "It is a holiday and if we are going to put other holidays that are generally recognized by the general public as holidays, I don't understand why we would make a distinction about this one."

http://www.cnycentral.com/news/story.aspx?id=549550

bullypulpit
12-07-2010, 07:47 AM
Once again, the comedian is right...

<table style='font:11px arial; color:#333; background-color:#f5f5f5' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='360' height='353'><tbody><tr style='background-color:#e5e5e5' valign='middle'><td style='padding:2px 1px 0px 5px;'><a target='_blank' style='color:#333; text-decoration:none; font-weight:bold;' href='http://www.thedailyshow.com'>The Daily Show With Jon Stewart</a></td><td style='padding:2px 5px 0px 5px; text-align:right; font-weight:bold;'>Mon - Thurs 11p / 10c</td></tr><tr style='height:14px;' valign='middle'><td style='padding:2px 1px 0px 5px;' colspan='2'><a target='_blank' style='color:#333; text-decoration:none; font-weight:bold;' href='http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-december-6-2010/the-gretch-who-saved-the-war-on-christmas'>The Gretch Who Saved the War on Christmas</a></td></tr><tr style='height:14px; background-color:#353535' valign='middle'><td colspan='2' style='padding:2px 5px 0px 5px; width:360px; overflow:hidden; text-align:right'><a target='_blank' style='color:#96deff; text-decoration:none; font-weight:bold;' href='http://www.thedailyshow.com/'>www.thedailyshow.com</a></td></tr><tr valign='middle'><td style='padding:0px;' colspan='2'><embed style='display:block' src='http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:item:comedycentral.com:367360' width='360' height='301' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' wmode='window' allowFullscreen='true' flashvars='autoPlay=false' allowscriptaccess='always' allownetworking='all' bgcolor='#000000'></embed></td></tr><tr style='height:18px;' valign='middle'><td style='padding:0px;' colspan='2'><table style='margin:0px; text-align:center' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='100%' height='100%'><tr valign='middle'><td style='padding:3px; width:33%;'><a target='_blank' style='font:10px arial; color:#333; text-decoration:none;' href='http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-episodes/'>Daily Show Full Episodes</a></td><td style='padding:3px; width:33%;'><a target='_blank' style='font:10px arial; color:#333; text-decoration:none;' href='http://www.indecisionforever.com/'>Political Humor</a></td><td style='padding:3px; width:33%;'><a target='_blank' style='font:10px arial; color:#333; text-decoration:none;' href='www.facebook.com/thedailyshow'>The Daily Show on Facebook</a></td></tr></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

Indy
12-07-2010, 09:54 AM
The City simply could have said, sorry, this a privately funded event, we have no jurisdiction over the name of the event. That would be suppression. If you are offended, just don't attend. End of conversation. Sound more like a city employee interjecting their own personal views into the situation. Cities are deathly afraid of the ACLU and their vast supply of funds, some of it being our own tax dollars.

Thunderknuckles
12-07-2010, 10:41 AM
The New Hanover County Board of Education recently changed its official school calendar to list Christmas and Easter as a "holiday."
I could go on for days about the reasoning behind this type of thinking.
Hey look, we got a vocal minority that doesn't like the word Christmas. Let's change the word to something else. Let's pretend that what makes some uncomfortable simply doesn't exist by giving it a new name. Problem solved.

Idiots.

This is the same reasoning that went behind changing the dating designations of AD and BC to CE and BCE. You can refer to a year all you want as being "before the common era" but it don't change the fact that it is still based on the birth of one man you like to pretend didn't exist cause it makes you feel better.

Here's my all-time greatest moment in stupidity as it pertains to this type of thinking:
Most Americans are probably aware of a little place called South Central Los Angeles and all the visions of black on black crime, drive by shootings, gangs, drugs, and prostitution. City officials were so concerned about the sad state of affairs that they finally mustered the courage to solve all of the problems and wipe clean the stigmata associated with this this lovely little hamlet. How did they do it you ask? They renamed the city to South Los Angeles. Problem solved.

Sorry for the rant, I know it's a slightly off the main thrust of the post.

namvet
12-07-2010, 11:43 AM
they better watch out they're better not pout. Santa Claus will roll grenades down they're chimneys

NightTrain
12-07-2010, 02:07 PM
they better watch out they're better not pout. Santa Claus will roll grenades down they're chimneys

That reminds me....

<iframe src="http://www.zshare.net/videoplayer/player.php?SID=dl063&FID=61795412&FN=Futurama-Stream.com-208.avi.flv&iframewidth=555&iframeheight=364&width=547&height=299&H=61795412f916f41b" height="364" width="555" border=0 frameborder=0 scrolling=no></iframe>

Palin Rider
12-07-2010, 05:54 PM
Was walking out of COSTCO the other day and the door attendant said Merry Christmas and I looked at him and gave him the biggest smile and said you have no idea how happy you just made me ... and Merry Christmas to you, too!!! He was delighted ... it was like we belonged to a secret society that is breaking the rules by saying Merry Christmas!! Really is fun!

I hope you wouldn't have been offended if he'd said "Happy Hanukkah."

red states rule
12-07-2010, 06:49 PM
The perfect card for those who are easily offended

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non-addictive, gender neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all;”

PLUS

“a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling, and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great, (not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country or is the only “AMERICA” in the western hemisphere), and without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith, choice of computer platform, or sexual orientation of the wisher.” (Disclaimer: By accepting this greeting, you are accepting these terms. This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for her/himself or others, and is void where prohibited by law, and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher. This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year, or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher who assumes no responsibility for any unintended emotional stress these greetings may bring to those not caught up in the holiday spirit.)

http://www.thatwasfunny.com/politically-correct-christmas-card/75

So one offended idiot has a cow over Christmas - and the town caves

PA Town Removes 57-Year-Old Nativity Scene From Gov’t Building: ‘Highly Disrespectful’

A small Pennsylvania town has removed a Nativity scene from its borough building after a resident complained that the creche is offensive to non-Christians. And while town leaders say they don’t like having to remove it, they say they are legally obligated.

WPXI in Pittsburgh reports Canonsburg Borough and its Manager Terry Hazlett received a written complaint last week from resident Megan Hartley who said the creche was disrespectful to citizens who aren‘t Christian and that it shouldn’t be displayed at a government building.

“I think that it is highly disrespectful to the citizens of this Borough that are not Christian to have Christian iconography displayed on government property,” she reportedly wrote, “a government that is supposed to represent all of the citizens, not just the majority.”

In response to the complaint, Hazlett asked the local Knights of Columbus chapter, which owns the scene and has been displaying it at the borough buiding for 57 years, to remove it. The group obliged, and has since relocated the creche to a nearby business.

That upset local Knights of Columbus member Robert Clark, who told the Observer-Reporter that the removal of the creche offends him.

“I think that we have to show tolerance to one another,” Clark said. “It’s disrespectful to my rights, too.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/pa-town-removes-57-year-old-nativity-scene-from-govt-building-after-complaint/

SassyLady
12-07-2010, 07:51 PM
I hope you wouldn't have been offended if he'd said "Happy Hanukkah."

Of course not ... only idiots get offended when someone wishes them well...no matter what religion or culture it is expressed from.

PS ... just because someone gets delight out of one thing doesn't mean they will be offended by something else. Being delighted with saying "Merry Christmas" doesn't mean they will be offended by "Happy Hanukkah".

Well, unless, of course, they are progressive liberals.

red states rule
12-07-2010, 07:55 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BQ5JRCJJ41c?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BQ5JRCJJ41c?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

namvet
12-07-2010, 08:01 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BQ5JRCJJ41c?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BQ5JRCJJ41c?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

LMAO good one T save that for next year to

red states rule
12-08-2010, 04:59 AM
Here is the background on the "offened" person who made the PA town cave

snip

The complaint was sent from 33-year-old Megan Hartley. In today’s increasingly cyber world, it’s not too hard to find out more information about who Ms. Hartley is and to conjecture about her motives behind the complaint.

Hartley is a college grad, single mom and a fiction writer who especially enjoys dabbling in the supernatural, including a seemingly unhealthy fascination with demons, vampires and gore. In one of her short stories posted online, Hartley describes the point of view from a demon in Hell by describing the mutilation of a human:

It all starts with just small proficient incisions. Then inch by inch tearing away the skin, slowly and deftly ripping away flesh and letting it flutter to your feet. The delicate skin rips easily so being able to detach it in one piece takes practice but practice I’ve had. The inner arm, the inner thigh, the eyelids, the genitals, I can remove them all without a single tear. Thicker skin like the bottoms of feet are tricky in their own right, they want to crumble and fall apart. There really isn’t much to be done about that. The rest of the body is easy; all you have to do is cut the outline of what you want to remove and then peel. I suggest small segments, it makes the process last longer. But before you know it you have finished with the first layer. The first layer takes the most skill, the most dexterity. After that it is all simple carving of the meat and organs. When you get down to the bones there is little left you can do with a knife but shear them. If you put a little muscle into it you can work the body down until there is nothing left. It is just remnants at your feet waiting to be made whole again so that you can start over… maybe this time with fire.

snip

Since the nativity story broke, Hartley has taken to her online blog to celebrate getting the religious creche banned. In a post titled, “I made the news…”, she wrote:

Every year for the past six years I sent a letter to the Borough asking for the removal of the Nativity from in front of the Borough building. This year I found out who I should be addressing the letter to and got action, much to my surprise.

Well the Nativity is up but it is on private property. But it has caused quite the stir. I even got interviewed by the local news though they ended up not showing me on TV.

What kills me is that Christians seem to think that I’ve trampled on their rights somehow.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/complaint-that-removed-pa-nativity-sent-from-33-year-old-supernatural-junkie/

namvet
12-08-2010, 09:49 AM
Here is the background on the "offened" person who made the PA town cave

that explains why she's single

NightTrain
12-08-2010, 11:15 AM
I left her a couple of nastygrams on her blog. Seems only fitting that I should offend her further.

abso
12-08-2010, 11:48 AM

where exactly in the article was it said that the compalins came from muslims or arabs !!!, or do you feel the need to involve muslims in everything that you dont like even if they dont have anything to do with it ? :confused:

I would love to know just how many complaints they received. I've been in two different situations where just one person's complaint changed an entire school's policy. Not about Christmas, but I think the point is illustrative. In a country that I have heard is around 85% Christian, when will we stop allowing the tyranny of the few?

although i dont even know who complained or for what reason, but just want to say that its not a tyranny to complain about something you dont like.

anyway, i agree that few complaints should never be a reason for cancelling something that everyone likes, i dont really get whats the problem with the word "Christmas" and who would complain about it, personally, i like christmas, and i celebrate it every year with my friends.

jimnyc
12-08-2010, 01:54 PM
where exactly in the article was it said that the compalins came from muslims or arabs !!!, or do you feel the need to involve muslims in everything that you dont like even if they dont have anything to do with it ? :confused:

And where in my posts did I say anything about muslims? I simply said they should go to Saudia Arabia if they don't like it here. See how far they get when they continually complain to authorities over there.

red states rule
12-09-2010, 03:57 AM
although i dont even know who complained or for what reason, but just want to say that its not a tyranny to complain about something you dont like.

anyway, i agree that few complaints should never be a reason for cancelling something that everyone likes, i dont really get whats the problem with the word "Christmas" and who would complain about it, personally, i like christmas, and i celebrate it every year with my friends.

If you want to better understand what Jim was saying, try standing on any street corner in Saudia Arabia with a Bible in one hand, while shaking hands with everyone who passes by and wishing them "Merry Christmas"

The war on Christmas is an annual event here. There are people (usually liberals) who go through life looking for things to be offended over. If everyone does not behave the way the think they should, or if America does not conform to their beliefs and ideology - they start to play the role of the offended liberal

Abbey Marie
12-09-2010, 11:23 AM

Sigh.
The tyranny isn't in the complaining. It is in the fact that a very long-standing tradition can be thrown away by one person's eggshell-like ability to be (allegedly) offended. Even though appr. 85% of people in this country believe and embrace it. Because godless orgs. like the Anti-Christian Liberal Union threaten lawsuits to cash-strapped organizations, churches and towns, to push their agenda. It's freedom OF religion, not FROM religion.

Nukeman
12-09-2010, 01:14 PM
I hope you wouldn't have been offended if he'd said "Happy Hanukkah."See here is the difference between most conservatives and Libs... I and all my friends and family would NOT be offended by someone wishing us a happy Hanukkah, or even Kwanza. As long as they are celebrating the season and are not taken aback when i reply with Merry Christmas there is NO problem.

Why is it that the Libs in this country have a fit when it comes to Christmas yet we honor Eid, Rash Hashan, Ramadan, Hanukkah, Kwanza and every other religions holy days with out batting an eye, yet when Christians celebrate the biggest Holy day of the year in our faith we have to be carful of the sensitivities of the others???? Why the hell is that????? WHY????????? its a simple question!!! 85% of Americans consider themselves Christian yet we have to sit at the back of the bus so to speak!!!!!

NightTrain
12-09-2010, 01:31 PM
I left her a couple of nastygrams on her blog. Seems only fitting that I should offend her further.

So I went back today to http://shakensilence.livejournal.com to see how she responded to my comments and the others that were appearing at the same time I did :

So after dealing with a couple days of harassing comments on my page I've decided that at least for a while I'm making my journal friends only. I've already f-locked ALL my old posts. So if you linked to something of mine in the past that link may no longer work. I even locked all my fanfiction and art.

I didn't want to have to do this but I couldn't even open my e-mail anymore without some kind of rude or harassing comment being posted to one of my entries.

I guess she's really offended now.

All I was going to do was wish her a Merry Christmas. And a Blessed New Year. It probably freaked her out with my usage of her name on her blog - it was intentional.

Palin Rider
12-09-2010, 02:37 PM
Sigh.
The tyranny isn't in the complaining. It is in the fact that a very long-standing tradition can be thrown away by one person's eggshell-like ability to be (allegedly) offended. Even though appr. 85% of people in this country believe and embrace it. Because godless orgs. like the Anti-Christian Liberal Union threaten lawsuits to cash-strapped organizations, churches and towns, to push their agenda. It's freedom OF religion, not FROM religion.

Which I have no problem with, as long as you don't tax me to pay for your Christmas.

Nukeman
12-09-2010, 02:42 PM
Which I have no problem with, as long as you don't tax me to pay for your Christmas.How are you "taxed" to pay for Christmas???? How do you in any way pay for a display on PUBLIC land. the dispay's are typicaly sponsered by a PRIVATE institution and NOT by the local gov't....

So once again how are you "taxed" to pay for Christmas????????? :poke:

NightTrain
12-09-2010, 02:44 PM
How are you "taxed" to pay for Christmas???? How do you in any way pay for a display on PUBLIC land. the dispay's are typicaly sponsered by a PRIVATE institution and NOT by the local gov't....

So once again how are you "taxed" to pay for Christmas????????? :poke:

I'm curious, too.

Pagan
12-09-2010, 02:52 PM
Sigh.

ACLU is anti Christian?

Really?

So I guess this small sample here is the "Liberal" ACLU's "Anti" Christian Agenda eh?

ACLU of Colorado Supports Students Wearing Christian Symbols in the Colorado Springs School District (http://aclu-co.org/news/aclu-supports-students-right-of-religious-freedom)

ACLU-NJ Defends Christian Student's Anti-Abortion Speech (http://www.aclu-nj.org/news/2010/03/24/aclu-nj-defends-anti-abortion-students-free-speech/)

ACLU of Tennessee Defends Christian Students' Right to Preach in Public Park (http://www.aclu.org/religion-belief/aclu-tn-successfully-advocates-behalf-student-preachers)

ACLU of Virginia Defends Christian Students' Right to Protest Against ACLU at Public School (http://www.aclu.org/religion-belief/aclu-tells-high-school-allow-students-protest-aclu-football-game)

ACLU Defends Christian Students Wearing Anti-Islam Shirts to Florida Public School (http://www.aclufl.org/news_events/?action=viewRelease&amp;emailAlertID=3794)

ACLU Fights For Christian Inmate's Right to Preach (http://www.aclu-nj.org/news/acluprotectsprisonersrelig.htm)

ACLU of Northern California Fights Law that Got Quakers Fired Over Loyalty Oath (http://action.aclunc.org/site/MessageViewer?em_id=6541.0)

ACLU Defends Christian Librarian Disciplined for Refusing to Promote Harry Potter (http://web.archive.org/web/20080701200516/www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/missouristatenews/story/11BBE7E0C3FB6B70862574570010F95A?OpenDocument)

ACLU Defends Right of Individual Christian to Display Nativity Scene on Public Property (http://www.providence.edu/polisci/cammarano/article-Masters.htm)

ACLU Defends Christians Protesting Gay Rights in Florida (http://www.aclufl.org/pdfs/StPeteLetter.pdf)

ACLU Champions Religious Freedom Of Mormon College Student (http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2007-08-25-4184721538_x.htm)

ACLU Fights for Christian Church's Mission to Feed the Poor ( http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07011/752795-152.stm)

ACLU Fights for Christmas Tree (http://www.mauinews.com/page/content.detail/id/26128.html)

ACLU Files Suit to Protect Free Speech Rights of Christian Protesting Wal-Mart's Policy on Gays (http://www.laaclu.org/News/2006/Crayton_102706.htm)

ACLU of Georgia and Baptist Church File Religious Discrimination Lawsuit (http://www.aclu.org/religion/discrim/25518prs20060419.html)

ACLU of Rhode Island Files Appeal on Behalf of Christian Prisoner Barred from Preaching at Religious Services (http://www.aclu.org/religion/frb/23445prs20060112.html)

ACLU of Michigan Defends Catholic Man Coerced to Convert to Pentecostal Faith in Drug Rehab Program (http://www.aclu.org/religion/govtfunding/22354prs20051206.html)

ACLU of New Jersey Joins Lawsuit Supporting Second-Grader's Right to Sing Awesome God at Talent Show (http://www.aclu.org/religion/schools/20174prs20050920.html)

After ACLU Intervention on Behalf of Christian Valedictorian, Michigan High School Agreesto Stop Censoring Religious Yearbook Entries (http://www.aclu.org/studentsrights/expression/12845prs20040511.html)

ACLU Helps Free New Mexico Street Preacher From Prison (http://www.aclu.org/religion/gen/19918prs20050804.html)

ACLU of WA Wins Right of Christian Minister to Preach in Spokane Plaza (http://web.archive.org/web/20050308170613/http:/www.aclu-wa.org/Issues/freespeech/News-SpokTransit.html)

ACLU Fights for Baptist Preacher in Illinois (http://web.archive.org/web/20050207142647/http:/iclu.org/news/news_article.asp?ID=97)

ACLU Defends Rights of Christian Group to Make Religious Protest at Funerals (http://www.aclu.org/freespeech/protest/26265prs20060721.html)

ACLU Backs Christian Abortion Protester in Ohio (http://www.freedomforum.org/templates/document.asp?documentID=16471)

ACLU of Oregon Defends Religious Liberty Of Adventist School Boys Basketball Players (http://www.aclu-or.org/site/PageServer?pagename=Lit_tp_nak)

ACLU BacksMissouri Nurse Penalized for Wearing Cross-Shaped Lapel Pin (http://web.archive.org/web/19980418083035/aclu.org/news/n030998a.html)

ACLU Defends Christian Street Preacher in Las Vegas (http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/story?id=548951&amp;page=1)

ACLU Argues for Legal Recognition of Small Christian Church (http://www.freedomforum.org/templates/document.asp?documentID=16114)

ACLU of MA Defends Students Punished for Distributing Candy Canes with Religious Messages (http://www.aclu.org/studentsrights/expression/12828prs20030221.html)

ACLU of Nebraska Defends Church Facing]Eviction by the City of Lincoln (http://www.aclu.org/religion/frb/16347prs20040811.html)

ACLU Defends Church's Right to Run &quot;Anti-Santa&quot; Ads in Boston Subways (http://www.aclu.org/freespeech/gen/10925prs20020108.html)

ACLU Defends Inmate's Access to Material from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (http://www.laaclu.org/News/2005/Aug26SandersvCain.htm)

Following Threat of ACLU of Virginia Lawsuit, Officials to Agree Not to Ban Baptisms in Public Parks (http://www.aclu.org/religion/discrim/16230prs20040603.html)

ACLU Defends Families Fighting Removal Of Religious Symbols from Florida Cemetery (http://www.aclu.org/temp/pr1999/13603prs19990322.html)

ACLU Supports Right of Iowa Students to Distribute Christian Literature at School (http://www.aclu.org/studentsrights/religion/12811prs20020711.html)

ACLU Argument In Support of the Display of a Christian Cross in a Public Forum (http://web.archive.org/web/20040428220650/http:/archive.aclu.org/court/pinet.html)

ACLU Defends Christian Worker Required to Remove Bible from Desk at Government Job (http://tinyurl.com/ACLUPrisonWorkerBible)

ACLU Defends Free Speech Rights of Christians And Others On Main Street Plaza (http://www.aclu.org/freespeech/gen/10946prs20030807.html)

ACLU Defends Prisoner's Rosary Beads (http://web.archive.org/web/20040229102031/http:/archive.aclu.org/news/2000/w020900a.html)

ACLU Defends Christian Group's Anti-Abortion Ads On Phoenix Buses (http://web.archive.org/web/19971122003414/www.aclu.org/news/n012397b.html)

ACLU Pledges to Back Church in a Zoning Battle (http://web.archive.org/web/20040229092223/http:/archive.aclu.org/news/w091196b.html)

ACLU of PA Files Discrimination Lawsuit Over Denial of Zoning Permit for African American Baptist Church (http://www.aclu.org/racialjustice/gen/16009prs20021028.html)

ACLU Offers To Represent Private Prayer on Public Property (http://web.archive.org/web/20040325224316/http:/archive.aclu.org/news/1999/w042399b.html)

ACLU Joins Falwell To Fight For Church Incorporation Rights (http://www.aclu.org/religion/frb/16040prs20020417.html)

Nukeman
12-09-2010, 02:56 PM
ACLU is anti Christian?

Really?

So I guess this small sample here is the "Liberal" ACLU's "Anti" Christian Agenda eh?

The sad thing is is that the ACLU brings as many as it defends. Seems to me they are more interested in MONEY than actual justice.... They are more like a bunch of abulance chasers than anything else........

Pagan
12-09-2010, 03:02 PM
The sad thing is is that the ACLU brings as many as it defends. Seems to me they are more interested in MONEY than actual justice.... They are more like a bunch of abulance chasers than anything else........

OK if you say so :tinfoil:

jimnyc
12-09-2010, 03:11 PM
ACLU is anti Christian?

Really?

Instead of trying to pass off a list as your own, how about giving credit to the people that compiled it?

http://www.aclufightsforchristians.com/

Pagan
12-09-2010, 03:15 PM
Instead of trying to pass off a list as your own, how about giving credit to the people that compiled it?

Aaah, OK if you say so :tinfoil:

You do know there is a wonderful tool for searching a website

site:website search expression

For the record, yes I used them as a primary source

jimnyc
12-09-2010, 03:18 PM
Aaah, OK if you say so :tinfoil:

You do know there is a wonderful tool for searching a website

site:website search expression

Whatever, stop plagiarizing and simply follow the rules we have set here. It's not so hard to paste a link for your sources.

Pagan
12-09-2010, 03:25 PM
Whatever, stop plagiarizing and simply follow the rules we have set here. It's not so hard to paste a link for your sources.

OK -

Source -
http://www.aclu.org/
http://www.washingtonpost.com/
http://www.cnn.com/
http://www.usatoday.com/
http://www.staradvertiser.com/
http://post-gazette.com/
http://www.providence.edu
http://www.laaclu.org

Sorry forgot -
Which also states -

THE ACLU FIGHTS FOR CHRISTIANS
The ACLU fights just as hard for INDIVIDUAL free exercise of religion as the ACLU fights against GOVERNMENT endorsement, sponsorship, or establishment of religion. Despite this fact, many people spread misinformation about the ACLU around the internet, innocently and maliciously, falsely claiming the ACLU is anti-religion or anti-Christian.

This list of FACTS counteracts that misinformation. These links represent just a few of the many examples of the ACLU defending the free speech and free exercise rights of Christians (for purposes of this list, the word “Christian” means a person who self-identifies as “Christian”).

In every example, the ACLU is defending the right of a Christian to speak as a Christian or to practice Christianity

jimnyc
12-09-2010, 03:29 PM
OK -

Source -
http://www.aclu.org/
http://www.washingtonpost.com/
http://www.cnn.com/
http://www.usatoday.com/
http://www.staradvertiser.com/
http://post-gazette.com/
http://www.providence.edu
http://www.laaclu.org

Funny, that's not the links posted from the site you stole the work from.

You can PM me if you have further issue with this decision. But NO works will be posted here that we are aware of without a citation. I nearly got in trouble in the past and I'm not taking chances. If you don't like it, then don't post things that require sources or don't steal work that other authors put together.

/end of discussion. Please PM me if you have further issue with our stance on posting sources.

Nukeman
12-09-2010, 04:18 PM
OK if you say so :tinfoil:

why the tinfoil hat??? did I write something that smacks of "conspiracy" to you??? The ACLU brings as many suits against local gov't, individuals, and schools as it defends!!!!:poke: see I can use those little thingies as well!!!!

Pagan
12-09-2010, 04:36 PM
why the tinfoil hat??? did I write something that smacks of "conspiracy" to you??? The ACLU brings as many suits against local gov't, individuals, and schools as it defends!!!!:poke: see I can use those little thingies as well!!!!

They also have many suits defending religion -

ACLU Defense of Religious Practice and Expression (http://www.aclu.org/aclu-defense-religious-practice-and-expression)

Palin Rider
12-09-2010, 05:29 PM
How are you "taxed" to pay for Christmas????

Didn't say I WAS being taxed at the moment; I just said "don't do it."

NightTrain
12-09-2010, 05:32 PM
Didn't say I WAS being taxed at the moment; I just said "don't do it."

Deal. I also solemnly promise not to shave your head while yodeling in Japanese.

Abbey Marie
12-15-2010, 09:55 AM
Which I have no problem with, as long as you don't tax me to pay for your Christmas.

Who is taxing you?
And "My" Christmas? I trust that you and yours will be happy to work on My Christmas Day.

Abbey Marie
12-15-2010, 09:58 AM
All a mere drop in the bucket compared to the anti-Christian suits they bring and endorse. And more importantly, the impossible-to-quantify stifling effect their endless suits have had on our nation's celebration of the real meaning of Christmas. Or hadn't you noticed?

ACLU is anti Christian?

Really?

ACLU of Colorado Supports Students Wearing Christian Symbols in the Colorado Springs School District (http://aclu-co.org/news/aclu-supports-students-right-of-religious-freedom)

ACLU-NJ Defends Christian Student's Anti-Abortion Speech (http://www.aclu-nj.org/news/2010/03/24/aclu-nj-defends-anti-abortion-students-free-speech/)

ACLU of Tennessee Defends Christian Students' Right to Preach in Public Park (http://www.aclu.org/religion-belief/aclu-tn-successfully-advocates-behalf-student-preachers)

ACLU of Virginia Defends Christian Students' Right to Protest Against ACLU at Public School (http://www.aclu.org/religion-belief/aclu-tells-high-school-allow-students-protest-aclu-football-game)

Palin Rider
12-15-2010, 02:11 PM
Who is taxing you?
AFAIK, it's not happening now, but it has most certainly been tried.

And "My" Christmas? I trust that you and yours will be happy to work on My Christmas Day.
I have no problem whatsoever with working on December 25th. I've done so a couple of times.

Abbey Marie
12-15-2010, 04:45 PM
AFAIK, it's not happening now, but it has most certainly been tried.

I have no problem whatsoever with working on December 25th. I've done so a couple of times.

What kind of business was it?

fj1200
12-15-2010, 09:41 PM
And here I thought the food court at the mall was closed on Christmas.

NightTrain
12-16-2010, 12:50 AM
I think Subway is open on Christmas, but don't quote me on that.

Jeff
12-16-2010, 04:58 AM
Once again, the comedian is right...

<table style='font:11px arial; color:#333; background-color:#f5f5f5' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='360' height='353'><tbody><tr style='background-color:#e5e5e5' valign='middle'><td style='padding:2px 1px 0px 5px;'><a target='_blank' style='color:#333; text-decoration:none; font-weight:bold;' href='http://www.thedailyshow.com'>The Daily Show With Jon Stewart</a></td><td style='padding:2px 5px 0px 5px; text-align:right; font-weight:bold;'>Mon - Thurs 11p / 10c</td></tr><tr style='height:14px;' valign='middle'><td style='padding:2px 1px 0px 5px;' colspan='2'><a target='_blank' style='color:#333; text-decoration:none; font-weight:bold;' href='http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-december-6-2010/the-gretch-who-saved-the-war-on-christmas'>The Gretch Who Saved the War on Christmas</a></td></tr><tr style='height:14px; background-color:#353535' valign='middle'><td colspan='2' style='padding:2px 5px 0px 5px; width:360px; overflow:hidden; text-align:right'><a target='_blank' style='color:#96deff; text-decoration:none; font-weight:bold;' href='http://www.thedailyshow.com/'>www.thedailyshow.com</a></td></tr><tr valign='middle'><td style='padding:0px;' colspan='2'><embed style='display:block' src='http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:item:comedycentral.com:367360' width='360' height='301' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' wmode='window' allowFullscreen='true' flashvars='autoPlay=false' allowscriptaccess='always' allownetworking='all' bgcolor='#000000'></embed></td></tr><tr style='height:18px;' valign='middle'><td style='padding:0px;' colspan='2'><table style='margin:0px; text-align:center' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='100%' height='100%'><tr valign='middle'><td style='padding:3px; width:33%;'><a target='_blank' style='font:10px arial; color:#333; text-decoration:none;' href='http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-episodes/'>Daily Show Full Episodes</a></td><td style='padding:3px; width:33%;'><a target='_blank' style='font:10px arial; color:#333; text-decoration:none;' href='http://www.indecisionforever.com/'>Political Humor</a></td><td style='padding:3px; width:33%;'><a target='_blank' style='font:10px arial; color:#333; text-decoration:none;' href='www.facebook.com/thedailyshow'>The Daily Show on Facebook</a></td></tr></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

Bully you must be awful bored to watch 8 minutes of that it took me all of 44 seconds to shut it off

Palin Rider
12-16-2010, 01:34 PM
What kind of business was it?

I had a holiday job at a retail clothing store between college semesters once. A couple of co-workers and I got the stockroom recovered from the last-minute rush.

REDWHITEBLUE2
12-16-2010, 08:06 PM
Bully you must be awful bored to watch 8 minutes of that it took me all of 44 seconds to shut it off Which was 44 seconds more then I Lowered my self to watch

red states rule
12-18-2010, 05:00 AM
http://www.strangepolitics.com/images/content/112762.jpg

red states rule
12-19-2010, 06:15 AM
Now the ACLU fires at shot in the War on Christmas

You won't be hearing many shouts of "Merry Christmas" in the halls of Virgin Valley High School this holiday season.

Those same words will be noticeably absent from classroom walls as well.

But it's not due to a lack of holiday cheer or spirit.

Instead, it's the result of an agreement between the school and the Nevada offices of the American Civil Liberties Union.

Representatives from the ACLU met with school officials in May of this year after complaints were filed with the group over charges of "proselytizing" or promoting religion at the school.

As a result of that meeting, the school has clamped down on teachers or staff members saying "Merry Christmas" or other statements that could be deemed as religious in nature.

"Teachers are not allowed to have anything on the walls reflecting a particular religion," VVHS principal Dave Wilson confirmed on Monday, Dec. 13.

http://www.mesquitelocalnews.com/viewnews.php?newsid=6818&id=2

Palin Rider
12-27-2010, 06:39 PM
http://www.strangepolitics.com/images/content/112762.jpg

:lol: As if there are no Christian liberals...