PDA

View Full Version : Good Question

jimnyc
12-06-2010, 07:03 AM
A member sent me a PM asking if there was a list on the board some where or a way to show the ranking of members with their reputation.

There are 3 "stats" at the top of the board, the first 2 being "Top Posters" and the second "Hottest Threads".

Both of those terms are clickable if you place your mouse over the phrase. When you click on it, you will be given a drop down list of various statistics you can change to instead of the default. One of those choices is "top reputations". Unfortunately, this will only list the top ten.

If you want to know the specific rep numbers of a member not in the top ten - the only way I know of for sure is to go to any of their posts and it should all be listed next to their respective names.

You can also list the top thanked members and their numbers there too.

I can set any of the stats in the dropdown as the default, but I kinda wanted to stop flashing top reps everywhere, and hopefully do more with the thanks system going forward.

jimnyc
12-06-2010, 07:24 AM
To expand on this:

I purposely didn't make reputation something that stood out other than when a member posts. If plastered on top of the board, it "could" lead to abuse as members want to make the top 10.

The thanks system is integrated with the top 10 as well, but it's specific to the system being used and if we go to the PRO version of the other system being discussed in the other thread, then the top ten here (if you choose it) will no longer be available.

I know people like stats of all kinds and to make them easy to locate - but at the same time we want to avoid any abuse and also keep the forums themselves from being bloated with too much information.

Noir
12-06-2010, 09:23 AM
Both of those terms are clickable if you place your mouse over the phrase. When you click on it, you will be given a drop down list of various statistics you can change to instead of the default. One of those choices is "top reputations". Unfortunately, this will only list the top ten.

If you want to know the specific rep numbers of a member not in the top ten - the only way I know of for sure is to go to any of their posts and it should all be listed next to their respective names.

if you hit the 'top ten' button just above the 'top reps' on you will be brought to a screen with The top 5 of a few stats, you can then chose to expand that to top 10, 20, 50 etc.

jimnyc
12-06-2010, 09:28 AM
if you hit the 'top ten' button just above the 'top reps' on you will be brought to a screen with The top 5 of a few stats, you can then chose to expand that to top 10, 20, 50 etc.

Sweet, didn't even know that myself!!