PDA

View Full Version : Elizabeth Edwards dies

red states rule
12-07-2010, 07:09 PM
May she rest in peace. She kept her grance and class even after her dirtbag husband turned his back on her when she needed him the most

Chapel Hill, N.C. — Elizabeth Edwards, the political wife whose public battle with breast cancer, coping with marital infidelity and continued advocacy for the downtrodden raised her profile above that of her husband, died Tuesday.

Edwards, 61, died at her Chapel Hill home, where family and friends had gathered in recent days after doctors informed her that her cancer had spread and recommended that she not undergo further treatment.

"Today, we have lost the comfort of Elizabeth's presence, but she remains the heart of this family. We love her and will never know anyone more inspiring or full of life," the Edwards family said in a statement. "On behalf of Elizabeth, we want to express our gratitude to the thousands of kindred spirits who moved and inspired her along the way. Your support and prayers touched our entire family."

The family asked that people make donations to the Wade Edwards Foundation, which supports a computer lab for high school students in Raleigh.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/5573188/

namvet
12-07-2010, 09:57 PM
maybe now he knows who really cared about him. RIP Elizabeth Edwards

hjmick
12-08-2010, 12:19 AM
Classy dame. My heart goes out to her kids. Hope she had the chance to cut Johnny out of the will...

red states rule
12-08-2010, 03:58 AM
Classy dame. My heart goes out to her kids. Hope she had the chance to cut Johnny out of the will...

She put up a great fight and and went on with her life

John Boy will be fine. I am sure some liberal film maker has "The John Edwards Story" on paper right now

SassyLady
12-08-2010, 03:21 PM
This is the same type of cancer my sister has...she is in Stage IV also.

BoogyMan
12-08-2010, 10:59 PM
Sad news. I hope her family can find some peace.

red states rule
12-09-2010, 03:59 AM
This is the same type of cancer my sister has...she is in Stage IV also.

My thoughts and prayers have been going out to your sister (and to you and your family), as well as to Ms Edwards SL