PDA

View Full Version : Berkeley want to make Pfc Manning a Hero

SassyLady
12-08-2010, 05:07 PM
From the land of Pelosi and Code Pink:

Berkeley Mulls Resolution to Honor Army Private Accused of Leaks

Amid calls from some politicians to press treason charges -- which could carry the death penalty -- against whoever leaked secret cables to WikiLeaks, the Berkeley, Calif., City Council is entertaining a resolution to declare that an Army private accused of leaking some classified information to the website is an American hero.

City Peace and Justice Commissioner Bob Meola, who authored the resolution, told the San Francisco Chronicle that Pfc. Bradley Manning, 22, is a patriot who deserves a medal.

"If he did what he's accused of doing, he's a patriot and should get a medal," Meola told the newspaper. "I think the war criminals should be the ones prosecuted, not the whistle-blowers."
Manning -- accused of leaking a video that depicted an Army helicopter attack that left 11 people dead in Baghdad and widely suspected of leaking hundreds of thousands of secret cables to WikiLeaks -- is currently being held in a Virginia military brig.

And that's where he belongs, say members of a national veterans group, who call the Berkeley resolution "appalling.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/12/08/veterans-group-blasts-resolution-honor-army-private-accused-leaks/#ixzz17Ynw7QrB

Gaffer
12-08-2010, 05:57 PM
Maybe an invasion of berkley is in order.

A peace and justice commissioner? Does he head up the transcendental meditation office?

SassyLady
12-08-2010, 06:50 PM
I didn't post the entire article because it was so infuriating. This is the type of stuff I run into every day here in CA.