PDA

View Full Version : Medicare's inefficient delivery of medial services?

Supposn
12-12-2010, 12:51 AM
FJ1200, I have not read “that intervention into the private health care market, including but not limited to Medicare's massive influence, has led to an inefficient delivery method and instances where people have no connection to what it costs to deliver health care vs. the choices that they make”; thank you asking.

Medicare is government administered medical insurance. It is single (government) payer basic medical insurance and I do not object to it being described as socialized insurance but it is certainly not socialized medicine. Medicare was enacted because commercial insurers could not or would not provide affordable medical insurance for the elderly; (that was when medical procedures were much less expensive).

Health providers choose to accept, they are not required to accept Medicare patients. I and all of my elderly aquaintences have not experienced Medicare rationing or otherwise intervention within our medical treatment.

On the other hand I, my wife some of my aquaintences have had problems with non-government insurers. Almost all of us have had problems with our prescription drug insures. In order to get drug coverage passed through the U.S. Senate, Democrats yielded to Republicans insistence that government not be the insurer. Republicans’ also insisted government not negotiate for lesser priced prescription drugs.
Due to privatized prescription drug coverage:
• Government’s Medicare expenditures for drugs are greater than other wise.
• Patient’s insurance coverage and quality of service are of lesser benefit to Medicare clients.
• Doctors and the federal government’s Center for Medical Services have additional expense for overturning private insurer’s denial of a particular prescription:
• Insures too often believe they save themselves money by substituting their judgment for that of our doctors.
• Insurer’s have a vested interest to deny us our medicine. Doctors have professional interest to properly prescribe but gain nothing from prescribing more expensive drugs.
• It’s more detrimental when insurers’ interventions are detrimental to patients’ health.

Respectfully, Supposn

fj1200
12-12-2010, 08:14 AM
One post, two threads?

No wonder you don't recognize the inefficient delivery of medical services. Redundancy FTMFW.