PDA

View Full Version : Quick board upgrade

jimnyc
12-12-2010, 09:30 AM
I am going to shut down the board real quick to apply a board patch/upgrade. This will bring the board down for 10-20mins tops.

Please logout if you can and come back shortly!!!

jimnyc
12-12-2010, 09:45 AM
That's it, quick and easy!

I ran a backup earlier of course before I did the upgrade, but was VERY early in the morning and no one was here. I'm going to run another shortly, so you MAY see a little slowness as a result, but it should take less than half an hour.

Thanks for your patience

jimnyc
12-12-2010, 10:20 AM
Is it just me?

Down by the "Who's Online" area - where it shows all the totals - does it look "corrupted" or "squished" - or just different to anyone right after this quick upgrade?

I have a question in to the developers, but thought I'd ask to make sure I'm not the only one who sees it. I had to upload 1,800+ files for this update, maybe one got corrupted in the transfer.

Kathianne
12-12-2010, 10:24 AM
Is it just me?

Down by the "Who's Online" area - where it shows all the totals - does it look "corrupted" or "squished" - or just different to anyone right after this quick upgrade?

I have a question in to the developers, but thought I'd ask to make sure I'm not the only one who sees it. I had to upload 1,800+ files for this update, maybe one got corrupted in the transfer.

Not to me. Was it 'fixed' already?

jimnyc
12-12-2010, 10:27 AM
Not to me. Was it 'fixed' already?

Nope, nothing but the upgrade. Maybe it's just my imagination! Or maybe I need to take my own advice and delete cookies and cache and try again! LOL

Gaffer
12-12-2010, 10:39 AM
I looked at it and didn't see anything wrong. everything appears to be fine.

jimnyc
12-12-2010, 12:43 PM
First pic is right after the upgrade, the second is after I found the error and modified. You'll see the difference now, but at least I found it!!

http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/misc/pencil.png

Kathianne
12-12-2010, 12:45 PM
First pic is right after the upgrade, the second is after I found the error and modified. You'll see the difference now, but at least I found it!!

http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/misc/pencil.png

Without those pics, just didn't register with me. LOL! As long as my old eyes can read, guess my brain thinks 'all is cool.'

jimnyc
12-12-2010, 12:48 PM
Without those pics, just didn't register with me. LOL! As long as my old eyes can read, guess my brain thinks 'all is cool.'

It was one of those things that unless you stared at it an obsessed as I did, you likely would take a quick glance and not even notice.

That would have bugged me till eternity. Now I can go watch football in peace!!