PDA

View Full Version : Finally got some snow! yay!

darin
12-12-2010, 04:03 PM
Probably 3-4" so far...I LOVE it. FINALLY feels like december.

NightTrain
12-12-2010, 04:14 PM
Looks like you have about the same as we have up here!

This was taken a few days ago, above my house overlooking Wasilla with my brother. The Indy Trail is the sled I bought for my girlfriend, figured I'd better take it up the mountain to make sure it's ready.

The sled that my brother is on he just bought as well, it's an Arctic Cat F7... it's wickedly fast, but we'll see how well it holds together. My money is on expensive repairs within a month, that's the nature of an Arctic Cat - or as I like to call them, "Shitty Kitty".

http://i585.photobucket.com/albums/ss293/NightTrain70/IMAG1103.jpg

Kathianne
12-12-2010, 04:18 PM
dmp, I love you, but you are deranged. :laugh2: I'm thanking the stars that we've less than 2" and still are in for a hell of a couple days with subzero and winds.

darin
12-12-2010, 04:25 PM
NT - Am jealous. Would really love to have full-on deep, annoying snow for 3 months out of the year.

Kat - Honey, there are a lot of folk like you living around me :( Every time this happens I get happy-happy and they get angry-angry!

:D

hah!

Kathianne
12-12-2010, 04:39 PM
NT - Am jealous. Would really love to have full-on deep, annoying snow for 3 months out of the year.

Kat - Honey, there are a lot of folk like you living around me :( Every time this happens I get happy-happy and they get angry-angry!

hah!

Whether to NT or me, you my dear, are deranged. Brrrrr!!!!

SassyLady
12-12-2010, 04:59 PM
You guys remind me of this:

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0sUL0KCIc48?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0sUL0KCIc48?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

SassyLady
12-12-2010, 09:57 PM
Looks like you have about the same as we have up here!

This was taken a few days ago, above my house overlooking Wasilla with my brother. The Indy Trail is the sled I bought for my girlfriend, figured I'd better take it up the mountain to make sure it's ready.

The sled that my brother is on he just bought as well, it's an Arctic Cat F7... it's wickedly fast, but we'll see how well it holds together. My money is on expensive repairs within a month, that's the nature of an Arctic Cat - or as I like to call them, "Shitty Kitty".

http://i585.photobucket.com/albums/ss293/NightTrain70/IMAG1103.jpg

Hey, I think I just saw this same view on the Sarah Palin's Alaska show...they hiked up a mountain that overlooks Wasilla.

Mr. P
12-12-2010, 10:16 PM
Got some snow here today too..pretty early for us. I think Al Bore and company owes us all an apology.

fj1200
12-12-2010, 10:28 PM
Got some snow here today too..pretty early for us. I think Al Bore and company owes us all an apology.

Yup, my almost 4 and almost 8 year olds were loving it.

And they barely know what real snow is. :laugh:

darin
12-13-2010, 06:48 AM
Am thrilled at the thought of a white christmas....I believe my kids haven't had one. :(

jon_forward
12-13-2010, 01:51 PM
about 2 inches with a bit of ice here in nashville, might as well be 3 ft. Tennesseens cant drive on wet roads let alone slick and icy ones. Ice storm coming weds OH BOY

Abbey Marie
12-15-2010, 10:27 AM

hah!

Same here, D. It's beautiful, peaceful and special to me. And I absolutely love seeing all the different animal and bird tracks in the snow. It's like a secret being revealed that they are there.

darin
12-15-2010, 10:59 AM
They way you express yourself, Abbey; as it is for you seeing the tracks, i feel that same way when you share a piece of yourself like that.

It's proof to my eyes of your existence beyond cold zeros and ones and little smilies.

namvet
12-15-2010, 11:23 AM
we got a dusting here. but they got hit hard in the upper midwest over the weekend. including the collapse of the Metrodome in downtown Minneapolis early sun morning

AAyLX2hY7E0

Noir
12-20-2010, 10:58 AM
My hometown *never* has any snow, like going back decades, but this years just been awesome, its currently about 20" deep and real powdery

Just back from walkin me dog who's still a bit confused by it but loves it all the same,

some pix
Action shot (may of looked decent if it wasn't taken on me phone)
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j176/jonathan-mcc/45761bd6.jpg?t=12928607184

Confussed (i threw a snowball at him and he didn't understand where it went when it hit the snow, so he started digging and pushing the snow away with his face to try and find it lol)
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j176/jonathan-mcc/6229f9f8.jpg?t=1292860718

Kathianne
12-20-2010, 11:06 AM
Snow due tonight, Thursday, and Friday. May linger onto Christmas Day. I like a white Christmas, but that would be enough. ;)

darin
12-20-2010, 07:09 PM
Am very down - last night we had 2" of snow on the radar...now..nothing. MAYBE a 'flurry' on Xmas. Gawd I hate MI...it's just a weather-tease.

namvet
12-20-2010, 07:17 PM
we had 44" last winter. including a canceled Christmas eve party we had planned. next day a blizzard.

Kathianne
12-20-2010, 07:38 PM
Right now we've 2" in the past hour, the weather is still saying 1-2" by morning. They lie. It's snowing harder now than an hour ago.

namvet
12-20-2010, 07:46 PM
Right now we've 2" in the past hour, the weather is still saying 1-2" by morning. They lie. It's snowing harder now than an hour ago.

and they miss the dart board again :laugh2:

Kathianne
12-20-2010, 07:55 PM
and they miss the dart board again :laugh2:

How many times? What's with the gazillions spent on forecasting? LOL! Stick my head out the window I do.

Can 'feel it.' I knew we're getting snow, was surprised it waited til 3 something, all day you could feel it.

Not going to be 'big', but more than 1-2".

namvet
12-20-2010, 08:00 PM
How many times? What's with the gazillions spent on forecasting? LOL! Stick my head out the window I do.

Can 'feel it.' I knew we're getting snow, was surprised it waited til 3 something, all day you could feel it.

Not going to be 'big', but more than 1-2".

30 billion $$$ computers and still can't get it right. but they do have a disclaimer. predicting weather is not an exact science. right

Kathianne
12-20-2010, 08:07 PM
30 billion $$$ computers and still can't get it right. but they do have a disclaimer. predicting weather is not an exact science. right

I understand the uncertainties of more than 24 hours out, I do. But right now? I'm looking out the window at 2" easily, but the reports in the past hour are calling for 1-2" max for over night. They lose. It's snowing crazy right now. Probably going to end up with 3-4".

Gaffer
12-20-2010, 08:24 PM
we have 4 to 6 inches right now that we got 5 days ago. sleet and snow mix coming tonight and more snow expected this week. yuck. dmp needs to move farther south for his snow this year.

namvet
12-20-2010, 08:30 PM
I understand the uncertainties of more than 24 hours out, I do. But right now? I'm looking out the window at 2" easily, but the reports in the past hour are calling for 1-2" max for over night. They lose. It's snowing crazy right now. Probably going to end up with 3-4".

the ones that say look out !!! here's comes the BIG ONE.........tick me off. panic city. everyone runs to the stores, cleans off the shelfs. we wait and wait.......

fooled ya. it went that way

wvdWSsSqgLc

fj1200
12-21-2010, 07:16 AM
Am very down - last night we had 2" of snow on the radar...now..nothing. MAYBE a 'flurry' on Xmas. Gawd I hate MI...it's just a weather-tease.

You're living on the wrong "coast" for real snow. :laugh: