PDA

View Full Version : Steele Stepping Down

Kathianne
12-13-2010, 04:19 AM
I think it's a good thing:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/12/12/rnc-chairman-michael-steele-expected-resign/

RNC Chairman Steele to Announce He Won't Run for Second Term

Published December 12, 2010
FoxNews.com

Republican National Committee Chairman Michael Steele is expected to announce he will drop out of the highly contested race to keep his post, sources told FoxNews.com on Sunday.

Fox News has confirmed Steele sent an e-mail to committee members Saturday night with the subject line, “conference call.”

KarlMarx
12-13-2010, 05:47 AM
I think it's a good thing:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/12/12/rnc-chairman-michael-steele-expected-resign/

True, what did he actually do? Under his leadership, the Republicans went from being in control of both Congress and the White House to being in control of none of them. The victory of November was the result of the tea party movement, not the RNC.

Gaffer
12-13-2010, 09:29 AM
Put a teapartier in there and lets get this train rolling.

Kathianne
12-13-2010, 10:27 AM
Put a teapartier in there and lets get this train rolling.

I'm not keen on crossing tea parties with GOP. My guess is we're going to find while there are crossovers, in general their ends are very different. The GOP is not for less spending, just different special interests. I don't think the GOP can be reformed.

Gaffer
12-13-2010, 11:19 AM
I'm not keen on crossing tea parties with GOP. My guess is we're going to find while there are crossovers, in general their ends are very different. The GOP is not for less spending, just different special interests. I don't think the GOP can be reformed.

Me either. I'm hoping the teaparty morphs into a completely independent political party that overwhelms the GOP and makes it irrelavent. The rino's are no better than the libs in my book.

Kathianne
12-13-2010, 12:16 PM
Me either. I'm hoping the teaparty morphs into a completely independent political party that overwhelms the GOP and makes it irrelavent. The rino's are no better than the libs in my book.

I agree. What I see in the tea parties, from those I associate with and what I've read about others, is that overall there is general consensus on shrinking government at all levels; paying down deficits; reducing the government intrusiveness in all aspects; resuming Congressional responsibility in declaring war; curbing executive ability to wage undeclared war.

From those points there is a mix of social conservatives, non-social conservatives, moderates, and more libertarians than currently influence either party. How to herd all those cats? Principles of government and economics would be my guess.

Pagan
12-13-2010, 12:33 PM
I agree. What I see in the tea parties, from those I associate with and what I've read about others, is that overall there is general consensus on shrinking government at all levels; paying down deficits; reducing the government intrusiveness in all aspects; resuming Congressional responsibility in declaring war; curbing executive ability to wage undeclared war.

From those points there is a mix of social conservatives, non-social conservatives, moderates, and more libertarians than currently influence either party. How to herd all those cats? Principles of government and economics would be my guess.

The Peasants are pissed and on the verge of burning down the Castle. This transcends Party affiliation with the disgust of Government incompetence, abuses and complete disregard for the rule of law.

People are waking up and I'm only hoping that it's not to late ........ But I have a sinking feeling that it is along with I don't believe the people are willing to do what it takes to do what is necessary.

Kathianne
12-13-2010, 10:11 PM
Well looks like someone got this wrong or lied:

http://gatewaypundit.rightnetwork.com/2010/12/breaking-michael-steele-to-run-for-2nd-term-as-rnc-chairman/

...More… Ugh. Steele played the race card on his conference call tonight.
“This (race) will show if we are truly the party of Lincoln.”

Thunderknuckles
12-14-2010, 12:07 AM
Well looks like someone got this wrong or lied:

http://gatewaypundit.rightnetwork.com/2010/12/breaking-michael-steele-to-run-for-2nd-term-as-rnc-chairman/

From the article:
"During Steele’s tenure, Republicans picked up 63 House seats in last month’s elections, the biggest gain in more than seven decades."

What a joke. I bet Steele actually believes that crap. As was said before, Steele had nothing to do with Republican gains. If anything, Republicans gained seats DESPITE Steele who spent most of his time sticking his foot in his mouth.

Sure bet: Steele gets trounced.

The Trifecta: Steele gets trounced, defects to the Democratic party, then blames Republicans for his loss because they all hate black people :laugh: