PDA

View Full Version : Dream Act Vote This Weekend

Kathianne
12-17-2010, 02:42 PM
They're going to try and push it through, though perhaps the omnibus spending should give ole' Harry a think or two?

http://www.newsweek.com/blogs/kausfiles/2010/12/17/dreamageddon-is-here.html

Lots of links:

DREAMageddon Is Here
Last day to call your senators.

It looks as if the Senate vote on the "DREAM Act" partial immigration amnesty will actually happen on Saturday, though it also wouldn't surprise me if Majority Leader Reid puts it off yet again or cancels it at the last minute.

You can voice your views to swing senators by using this page (from anti-DREAM Numbers USA) or this page (from pro-DREAM America's Voice). 

I'm anti-DREAM. The key point to make, at this moment, is that nobody who is reasonable in this debate wants to deport the appealing would-be beneficiaries of the proposed law: those brought across the border when they were young, who've known no other country—the high school valedictorians, the law student who calls himself "a typical American kid who grew up in Brooklyn and roots for the Yankees," and "dreams of becoming a J.A.G. officer to defend the country I love." The DREAM "kids" like these that you read about are clearly carefully selected for their appeal, and they lay it on a bit thick, but I assume their stories are real and there are tens of thousands of other stories sufficiently like theirs....