PDA

View Full Version : Obama Snubbed - No Royal Wedding Invitation

red states rule
12-18-2010, 04:41 AM
Who can blame them? Obama must have made a bad first impression when he was over there last year

Besides, I bet the Prince and his wife to be already have an Ipod

American President left off the guest list as it is not a 'state occasion'
Royal couple eager to ask ordinary citizens to attend rather than VIPs

Heads of State who may attend include Nicolas Sarkozy and wife Carla Bruni

President Obama and his wife Michelle will not be invited to Prince William's wedding next year.

Because Prince William is not yet heir to the throne, his wedding to Kate Middleton is not classed as a ‘state occasion’ – and the couple feel under no pressure to fill the 2,000-strong guest list with heads of state, the Mail understands.

They are more eager to ask ordinary citizens and charity workers than foreign dignitaries and VIPs to what will be the first royal ‘people’s wedding’, courtiers suggested

A handful of heads of state are likely to be invited in line with previous royal weddings, possibly including France’s President Nicolas Sarkozy and his wife Carla Bruni.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1339315/President-Obama-snubbed-sources-reveal-invited-Prince-Williams-wedding.html#ixzz18SFUIZ32

Nukeman
12-18-2010, 10:07 AM
They are probably afraid of the "gift" they would receive from this admin!!!!:laugh::laugh:

red states rule
12-19-2010, 05:57 AM
They are probably afraid of the "gift" they would receive from this admin!!!!:laugh::laugh:

So much for getting Obama out the country for awhile

Obama is becoming more of a joke overseas then he is here in America

Noir
12-19-2010, 06:47 AM
So much for getting Obama out the country for awhile

Obama is becoming more of a joke overseas then he is here in America

Whats more of a joke is the idea that he has some sort of right to automatically be invited. He doesn't and hasn't. Simples.

red states rule
12-19-2010, 06:51 AM
Whats more of a joke is the idea that he has some sort of right to automatically be invited. He doesn't and hasn't. Simples.

Yea, some world LEADERS are being invited - so I guess that would disqualify Obama

You don;t have to spin for Obama Noir. Many here is the US do not want him around either

Noir
12-19-2010, 07:11 AM
I'm not spinning for him, he shouldnt be invited, and wasn't. Good.

If you think it's a snub then you must assume that he has an automatic right to be invited, well, he doesn't.

red states rule
12-19-2010, 07:13 AM
I'm not spinning for him, he shouldnt be invited, and wasn't. Good.

If you think it's a snub then you must assume that he has an automatic right to be invited, well, he doesn't.

Trust me, the Obama's expected to be invited

They were looking forward to the liberal media's glowing coverage on how loved they are overseas and how the First Lady was dressed to the nines

BTW, Obama was not ivitied to the Clinton's wedding either and they did not like it

Noir
12-19-2010, 02:30 PM
Trust me, the Obama's expected to be invited

They were looking forward to the liberal media's glowing coverage on how loved they are overseas and how the First Lady was dressed to the nines

BTW, Obama was not ivitied to the Clinton's wedding either and they did not like it

Who cares if they expected to go or not? There are better things to think about than this tosh.

red states rule
12-19-2010, 04:28 PM
Who cares if they expected to go or not? There are better things to think about than this tosh.

You must be a white racist, Limbaugh listening, gun owning, redneck to say that about Obama Noir

There is nothing more important then what Obama wants. Just ask him or any member of his PR staff in the liberal media

Noir
12-19-2010, 04:32 PM
You must be a white racist, Limbaugh listening, gun owning, redneck to say that about Obama Noir

There is nothing more important then what Obama wants. Just ask him or any member of his PR staff in the liberal media

I hope the irony of this isn't lost on you.

red states rule
12-19-2010, 04:35 PM
I hope the irony of this isn't lost on you.

I am surprised to see Obama being rejected like this. He is a big time lib, went on wa world wide apology tour, got glowing press coverage from the liberal meida, was loved in Europe, and now look at him

He is treated like the bastard at the family reunion

and even you seem to turning your back on him

Abbey Marie
12-19-2010, 04:36 PM
Expected, not expected, who cares? It's a win/win either way. I won't have to look at him or his wife while I am watching the wedding, and they won't be tarnishing the Abbey.

red states rule
12-19-2010, 04:37 PM
It's a win/win. I won't have to look at him or his wife while I am watching the wedding, and they won't be tarnishing the Abbey.

Yea but we are stuck with them here Abbey

That is the downside

Noir
12-19-2010, 04:46 PM
I am surprised to see Obama being rejected like this. He is a big time lib, went on wa world wide apology tour, got glowing press coverage from the liberal meida, was loved in Europe, and now look at him

He is treated like the bastard at the family reunion

and even you seem to turning your back on him

There you now are talking about him being rejected as if he had some right to be there. He didn't and doesnt. Get over it.

red states rule
12-19-2010, 04:48 PM
There you now are talking about him being rejected as if he had some right to be there. He didn't and doesnt. Get over it.

Nori, it does not bother me at all he was snubbed. What I am saying is the massive ego of Obama and the Mrs took a direct hit

I don't blame anyone for leaving them of the guest list. The glow faded along time ago from the messiah

I am glad to see it finally made it over to part of the world

Noir
12-19-2010, 04:53 PM
Nori, it does not bother me at all he was snubbed. What I am saying is the massive ego of Obama and the Mrs took a direct hit

I don't blame anyone for leaving them of the guest list. The glow faded along time ago from the messiah

I am glad to see it finally made it over to part of the world

=/

...well you missed the point of what I've stated clearly a few times. But no worries.

red states rule
12-20-2010, 04:30 AM
Obama deserves to be snubbed by everyone, not just by the British.

fj1200
12-20-2010, 09:40 AM
=/

...well you missed the point of what I've stated clearly a few times. But no worries.

I'm pretty sure no one missed your point. Are world leaders typically invited to such things? i.e. Reagan to Charles wedding? Did BO politic for an invite? Did he expect to go?

The first two questions are easy, the last two maybe not. I sure as heck wouldn't want to deal with POTUS security on top of everything else if it were me.

12-20-2010, 02:33 PM
1) He has more important things to do. Maybe he will actually do it before the 2012 election.

2) He likely wouldnt have attended anyway. We all know how much he loves the UK

Jeff
12-20-2010, 03:51 PM
Maybe they will need waiters or dish washers , maybe just maybe he could do that without messing up to bad

Trigg
12-20-2010, 04:17 PM
William is not obligated to invite world leaders to his wedding since he follows his father to the throne.

From everything that's been written about the couple they seem to want this to be a family affair instead of an out of control hoopla. Good for them. It's their wedding they should invite who they want.

Thunderknuckles
12-20-2010, 04:18 PM
I am not sure I see the problem with all of this. I'm assuming ceratin things which could be wrong but the way I read it was the couple is having a private wedding filled with mostly family, friends, a handful of heads of state,etc which does not qualify as an official state event. Which leads me to believe that there will be a forthcoming official event where I would expect Obama and other world leaders to be invited.

In any case, if Obama does get snubbed he should fly a few predator drones over their home and drop some tea and crumpets on their asses :p

MtnBiker
12-20-2010, 06:13 PM
Besides, I bet the Prince and his wife to be already have an Ipod

Yes, but do they have an Ipod loaded with Obama speeches?

Anyway, pretty much a non story. The Obamas were not invited to Chelsea Clinton's wedding either. These weddings are about young couples and their family and friends, not state functions.

CAPTDASH
12-21-2010, 02:42 AM
The Brits don't like the messiah anymore than conservatives do. He would make a decent bus boy in that crowd. He would have been a huge dostraction from the event with all the S.S. and BS.

red states rule
12-21-2010, 03:23 AM
I read where Pres Nicolas Sarkozy is attending the wedding. Returning the bust of Churchill may have something with Obama being left off the guest list

Noir
12-21-2010, 06:10 AM
I read where Pres Nicolas Sarkozy is attending the wedding. Returning the bust of Churchill may have something with Obama being left off the guest list

Yep, that *must* of been it, well deduced even with the apparent lack of evidence suggest so rsr :laugh:

You're somewhat showing your own arrogance if you believe that Obama should of been invited (and thus that it was a 'snub' for him not to of been)

red states rule
04-25-2011, 11:56 AM
I guess Obama will have to actually have to do his job this week since he is not going to the weddling

Looks like he will have to try and balance the budget, finds areas to cut spending, come up with a viable energy plan to lower high gas prices, instead of taking a trip to London and hopnob with the upper class

But something tells me he will go on another campaign swing, or play golf