PDA

View Full Version : John McCain's new role: GOP agitator

red states rule
12-19-2010, 07:34 AM
With Republicans increased power, the liberal media now has t find enemies of Obama and the liberal agenda

Now McCain - the libs once favorite Republican is now a target

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) is getting under the skin of Democrats these days – and he seems to be relishing it.

After Democrats scrapped a massive $1.1 trillion omnibus spending bill on Thursday, McCain gloated about its defeat — and Democrats fumed. When he took a whack at efforts to bring up a bill aimed at helping 9/11 first responders, Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) reacted fiercely. And as he went down fighting Saturday on the repeal of the military’s “don’t ask, don’t tell” policy, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) was baffled, saying: “I don’t understand it.”

Fresh off a whopping electoral victory Nov. 2, McCain is inserting himself into the biggest issues of the day, acting as a power player again in the Senate and angering Democrats along the way. And while Mitch McConnell may be the Senate GOP leader, McCain has embraced a role as the leading GOP agitator against Barack Obama, who defeated him in the 2008 presidential campaign.

“It’s kind of expected,” Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio) said of McCain’s approach. “It’s sort of the John McCain of 2010.”

At least one senator isn’t very forgiving of the straight-shooting, hot-tempered McCain. Back in October, McCain ripped Sen. Barbara Boxer on the campaign trail for being the most “anti-defense senator” and accused her of endangering national security — and the California Democrat is still ticked off.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1210/46583.html#ixzz18YoDyEcO

Gaffer
12-19-2010, 09:38 AM
mccain wants to be accepted by the teaparty and be important in their ranks. He's one of the old GOPers that has seen the future of the GOP and wants to appear to have seen the light.

red states rule
12-19-2010, 09:40 AM
mccain wants to be accepted by the teaparty and be important in their ranks. He's one of the old GOPers that has seen the future of the GOP and wants to appear to have seen the light.

I agree, but regardless of his motives his recent actions have been OK. He may - may being the key word - got the message over his primary battle

trobinett
12-19-2010, 12:17 PM
RSR posts:
Fresh off a whopping electoral victory Nov. 2, McCain is inserting himself into the biggest issues of the day, acting as a power player again in the Senate and angering Democrats along the way. And while Mitch McConnell may be the Senate GOP leader, McCain has embraced a role as the leading GOP agitator against Barack Obama, who defeated him in the 2008 presidential campaign.

I don't know, McCain sure disappointed me with his handling of Palin during the last election, I'm not sure I can consider him a "player", and certainly NOT a leader.

red states rule
12-20-2010, 04:19 AM
RSR posts:

I don't know, McCain sure disappointed me with his handling of Palin during the last election, I'm not sure I can consider him a "player", and certainly NOT a leader.

They were not my words, they were the words of the "reporter" from the the Politico

I was hoping McCain would lose his primary and be sent into retirement like Spector was

Gaffer
12-20-2010, 09:25 AM
They were not my words, they were the words of the "reporter" from the the Politico

I was hoping McCain would lose his primary and be sent into retirement like Spector was

That wasn't going to happen. The media had anointed him. He was the one chosen to to lose to the dark lord. He was the most beatable.

trobinett
12-20-2010, 01:13 PM

My bad, I knew they weren't your words, didn't know how else to quote the article?

My feelings toward McCain as well, oh well, nothing ever changes in politics.

CAPTDASH
12-21-2010, 02:36 AM
I don't like many of Mac's politics, but I have always supported him for being willing to put this nation and his subordinates safey before his own.
This year was the first year I voted against Jim Marshall (D) GA. I just couldn't support his liberal agenda anymore, even though he is a combat vet.

I applaud Mac for standing up for the DADT bullshit. I wish he would have attached a 2nd A Constitutional Carry Amendment to that Bill. The liberals would have thought" screw those homos, we ain't letting all these pissed off Americans walk around with guns." Ihad hoped Mac would lose too, but he is starting to act and talk tough. I hope he pile drives Harry Reid into the basement of Congressional Hall.

I don't think Mac will ever get the Tea Party vote. He is too moderate. Without Mac, who would fight for our Military?

red states rule
12-21-2010, 03:43 AM
I don't like many of Mac's politics, but I have always supported him for being willing to put this nation and his subordinates safey before his own.
This year was the first year I voted against Jim Marshall (D) GA. I just couldn't support his liberal agenda anymore, even though he is a combat vet.

I applaud Mac for standing up for the DADT bullshit. I wish he would have attached a 2nd A Constitutional Carry Amendment to that Bill. The liberals would have thought" screw those homos, we ain't letting all these pissed off Americans walk around with guns." Ihad hoped Mac would lose too, but he is starting to act and talk tough. I hope he pile drives Harry Reid into the basement of Congressional Hall.

I don't think Mac will ever get the Tea Party vote. He is too moderate. Without Mac, who would fight for our Military?

McCain will also never again get the fawning coverage from the liberal media and have Chris Matthews drool all over him when he was opposing Bush policies

For John McCain those were the days

CAPTDASH
12-21-2010, 09:56 AM
You are right. I never voted for Bush. I voted for Mac vs Bush. I am not sure if I am glad I lost that vote or not. No way to know.