PDA

View Full Version : An update on the "Statistics" at the top of the board

jimnyc
12-22-2010, 07:48 AM
By now I'm sure everyone has seen the statistics on the top of the board when you come here. By default it shows you the top posters in the first column, top threads in the middle column & latest threads in the 3rd column.

If you're one for stats, or just didn't know, you can do much more with that stat box up there (and a large Thanks to Noir who helped notice this and send me off to learn more...)

First off, in the first column where it states "Top Posters", you can click on that "link" and it will give you a multitude of statistics to choose from as seen in the following image:

You will now notice, after you choose a different stat, that column 1 now shows the NEW stat you chose:

Now, just above that, you'll see another link that states "Top 10 Stats", and you can click on this as well and it will give you 2 options 1) View more stats than just the top 10 and then 2) you can turn off the stats. Here is a picture of what I mean:

If you choose "View More" in the above choice, you will be brought to a new page listing the stats. From here, you can choose both a category for the stats you want to view, and the ability to change from the top 5 up till the top 200. Like below:

I see via the logs that this is rarely used, but then again, I don't think it was ever explained. Just thought I would make this more clear for those of you like myself who like to check out statistics! Feel free to ask if you want to learn anything I didn't cover here.

Abbey Marie
12-28-2010, 02:54 AM
Jim,
What does "clicks" mean under our reputation stats? There are three columns to the right of each name, and as you mouse over the them, it says:
Clicks/Reputation Level/Power.

Thx,
Abbey

red states rule
12-29-2010, 04:17 AM
Jim,
What does "clicks" mean under our reputation stats? There are three columns to the right of each name, and as you mouse over the them, it says:

Thx,
Abbey

Abbey I am only guessing but I think it means the total number of times you have been given rep (both positive and neg)

jimnyc
12-29-2010, 10:38 AM
Jim,

Thx,
Abbey

Abbey I am only guessing but I think it means the total number of times you have been given rep (both positive and neg)

Hell, good question and good answer by Red - even if I have no clue! LOL

Hey Red - when you come online again, run a test. Give me a Pos rep - then check the stats. Give me another, then check them again. One last one for good measure and check the stats one last time. Let us know how the clicks change. :coffee:

red states rule
12-29-2010, 05:01 PM
Hell, good question and good answer by Red - even if I have no clue! LOL

Hey Red - when you come online again, run a test. Give me a Pos rep - then check the stats. Give me another, then check them again. One last one for good measure and check the stats one last time. Let us know how the clicks change. :coffee:

Yep, I was right. I just gave some rep to DMP and his "clicks" went up by one

Jim. I could not rep you - had to spread it around first

Mr. P
12-29-2010, 05:31 PM
I don't have those three columns next to names on my screen..Must be an admin tool, maybe?

red states rule
12-29-2010, 05:34 PM
I don't have those three columns next to names on my screen..Must be an admin tool, maybe?

You should be able to see it. You have been given rep 898 times Mr P

Abbey Marie
12-31-2010, 02:25 AM
Thanks, Red. ;)

Kathianne
12-31-2010, 06:05 AM

http://i56.tinypic.com/2rqjat3.png

Click on one of the drop downs, choose reputation. You get the above.