PDA

View Full Version : Orderly desk vs creativity

red states rule
12-23-2010, 03:30 AM
There's an old saying that seems to apply: Creative minds are rarely tidy. I've used that often to explain my desk/workspace.

However one picture is worth a thousand words........

William F. Buckley

http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j379/titantic11/CA6P83WN.jpg

Albert Einstein

http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j379/titantic11/clinton_memorial.jpg

Nat Hentoff

http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j379/titantic11/just_another_mouthpiece.jpg

Numb Nuts

http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j379/titantic11/catfarmpartIII-08.jpg

Trinity
12-23-2010, 06:57 AM
:laugh2: I admit I am a creative person and my desk often looks like that. Not quite to that degree but if I am working on a project then yeah it could get that bad.

chloe
12-23-2010, 08:40 AM
I am totally Fascinated with William F Buckley, it figures he would be a creative genius:laugh:

Gaffer
12-23-2010, 08:56 AM
Us genius' don't worry about how clean it is. As long as we can find what we want with just a little digging. :thumb:

Kathianne
12-23-2010, 09:26 AM
Us genius' don't worry about how clean it is. As long as we can find what we want with just a little digging. :thumb:

I'm into piles on desk. I can't stand not to see the surface, but don't like to deal with paper either. Yes, I can find what I need. ;)

red states rule
12-24-2010, 02:24 AM
You should see my desk at work. It is clean when I arrive in the morning since all copies of loan documents must be secured before leaving at night

As soon as I log in to start the day pull out the piles of paperwork on the cases I am working on

By noon my desk makes Einstein's desk look like Obama's

SassyLady
12-24-2010, 02:33 AM
You should see my desk at work. It is clean when I arrive in the morning since all copies of loan documents must be secured before leaving at night

As soon as I log in to start the day pull out the piles of paperwork on the cases I am working on

By noon my desk makes Einstein's desk look like Obama's

It's funny ... but at work my desk is very neat and organized because most of what I handle is usually highly confidential ... so keep put away from prying eyes. At home, it's very cluttered .... but I know exactly which piles have what documents I need ..... and everyone knows that they are not to touch anything .... or I won't be able to find it. I can remember which pile I need to look in to find a particular paper ... even if it's months since I went through the pile. But I don't think I'm the creative type at all ... just not motivated to put things away.

However, I will be going through everything and filing it in the next week ..... need to clean up some things due to the divorce and might as well put things away and start on a whole new set of piles that are just MY stuff!!! Hubby can't depend on me to find his things anymore! :laugh:

red states rule
12-24-2010, 02:40 AM
It's funny ... but at work my desk is very neat and organized because most of what I handle is usually highly confidential ... so keep put away from prying eyes. At home, it's very cluttered .... but I know exactly which piles have what documents I need ..... and everyone knows that they are not to touch anything .... or I won't be able to find it. I can remember which pile I need to look in to find a particular paper ... even if it's months since I went through the pile. But I don't think I'm the creative type at all ... just not motivated to put things away.

However, I will be going through everything and filing it in the next week ..... need to clean up some things due to the divorce and might as well put things away and start on a whole new set of piles that are just MY stuff!!! Hubby can't depend on me to find his things anymore! :laugh:

This morning when I go in I have about 40 cases in my que. Many need copies of loan documents So I print them up before I draft the letter to send along with the documents.

I have piles of papers for each case. So as I finish the letter, I paper clip them all together, make the copies for backup, then drop the stacks in the outgoing bin in clerical

It is a never ending cycle and with Obamanomics the default world is roling right along

kowalskil
01-09-2011, 04:54 PM
:laugh2: I admit I am a creative person and my desk often looks like that. Not quite to that degree but if I am working on a project then yeah it could get that bad.

Clerks must be organized, creative people need good memories more than they need organizational skill.