PDA

View Full Version : I'm Betting Those That Vote Know This and Won't Forget

Kathianne
12-23-2010, 05:25 PM
Been my take on Graham and McCain too:

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/255926/me-thinks-senator-graham-doth-protest-too-much-andrew-c-mccarthy

Me Thinks Senator Graham Doth Protest Too Much
December 23, 2010 4:31 P.M.
By Andrew C. McCarthy

Ever since 13 Senate Republicans joined Democrats in consenting to the terrible New START treaty, Sen. Lindsey Graham has been on a tirade, telling any conservative who’ll listen that “Harry Reid ate our lunch,” meaning that Democratic leadership outmaneuvered Republicans in getting the treaty and other agenda items enacted during the lame duck session. My trial lawyer antennae tell me it sounds remarkably well rehearsed for a bit of spontaneous indignation. I first heard him do the rant on Greta Van Susteren’s Fox show last night. But then this morning, Fox’s Brian Kilmeade reported that Sen. Graham had actually called into Brian’s radio show earlier yesterday, just after the START vote, in order to give the same “Harry ate our lunch” speech. Fox kept reporting about it this morning, complete with commentary from our friend Dana Perino, who sounded like she’s buying it.

I say, “Cry me a river.” Given the clout they have in the Republican caucus on national security and legal matters, Sen. Graham and his close ally, Sen. McCain, could have stopped START dead in its tracks a month ago by condemning it in the same terms Graham is now using...

SassyLady
12-24-2010, 01:12 AM
I can't articulate exactly why but I truly believe this START treaty is wrong....just an intuitive feeling.

Kathianne
12-24-2010, 06:23 AM
I can't articulate exactly why but I truly believe this START treaty is wrong....just an intuitive feeling.

I posted this before, but it's been a hectic time of year:
http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2010/09/twelve-flaws-of-new-start-that-will-be-difficult-to-fix

There's just not been enough discussion or corrections to this treaty, but too late now, huh?

SassyLady
12-25-2010, 01:23 AM
Yeah........looks like the car not only went into the ditch .... it came out the other side and went off the cliff on this one....I think the parties were so focused on arguing about other stuff that no one was driving this time.