PDA

View Full Version : Riverside International Speedway 2011 Schedule

Psychoblues
12-23-2010, 05:57 PM
I will be at most if not all these races in West Memphis, Arkansas. I would love to host anyone or any group here that would like to come see, hear and feel some of the best racing entertainment in the world. It is always best if you can come on a night when we have the WS or Winged Sprints racing. Those cars literally take your breath away. At my age it's almost good as sex!!!! PM me if you want more personal information.

I could not get the schedule to copy and paste here in a readable manner but please go to the site via the link below and check it out. Even if you can't make Riverside if there is a local short dirt track for you I encourage you to visit and have the time of your life!!!!!!

Riverside Schedule for 2011: http://www.riversideinternationalspeedway.com/schedule_2011.htm

Jeff
12-23-2010, 06:29 PM
I will be at most if not all these races in West Memphis, Arkansas. I would love to host anyone or any group here that would like to come see, hear and feel some of the best racing entertainment in the world. It is always best if you can come on a night when we have the WS or Winged Sprints racing. Those cars literally take your breath away. At my age it's almost good as sex!!!! PM me if you want more personal information.

I could not get the schedule to copy and paste here in a readable manner but please go to the site via the link below and check it out. Even if you can't make Riverside if there is a local short dirt track for you I encourage you to visit and have the time of your life!!!!!!

Riverside Schedule for 2011: http://www.riversideinternationalspeedway.com/schedule_2011.htm

Psycho if I get the scooter right I might just have to take a ride down there and meet up with ya, I love the races

Psychoblues
12-23-2010, 10:00 PM
Psycho if I get the scooter right I might just have to take a ride down there and meet up with ya, I love the races

Come on down, Jeff. I would love to meet you personally and for you to meet my wife and me. I can probably put you up at my place and you won't have to worry about anything but the alligators. Haha! Gotcha!!

Seriously, Jeff, come on down and be my guest!!

Psychoblues

Jeff
12-24-2010, 12:05 AM
Come on down, Jeff. I would love to meet you personally and for you to meet my wife and me. I can probably put you up at my place and you won't have to worry about anything but the alligators. Haha! Gotcha!!

Seriously, Jeff, come on down and be my guest!!

Psychoblues

Sounds like a plan :thumb:

SassyLady
12-24-2010, 12:15 AM
Hey PB.....my first husband and I owned a winged sprint ... raced with the NARC group in Hanford, Calistoga, Ascot, Chico, Placerville, Baylands, Petaluma, Santa Maria among others. He was responsible for building the Hanford track back in the 80's. Never raced it outside of CA though.

I do agree with your assessment of the thrill!!!! :coffee:

Psychoblues
12-24-2010, 01:14 AM
Hey PB.....my first husband and I owned a winged sprint ... raced with the NARC group in Hanford, Calistoga, Ascot, Chico, Placerville, Baylands, Petaluma, Santa Maria among others. He was responsible for building the Hanford track back in the 80's. Never raced it outside of CA though.

I do agree with your assessment of the thrill!!!! :coffee:

Do you know if your's was a 360, a 410 or something else? A 360 or a 410 on a 1/4 mile oval is serious. We get a lot of California drivers here at Riverside. Our Riverside is the oldest continually operating 1/4 mile dirt track in the country. You have a Riverside out there, too, but I don't know much about it other than a few comments I've heard through the years. The byline for our Riverside is Thrills, Chills and Spills!!!!!!!!

If you can team up with somebody try and come see me. My wife and I will show you a GREAT time and I'm certain it will bring back some good memories for you!!!!!!!

I'm gonna 'neak one in on you, too!!!!

Love :laugh2:

Psychoblues

SassyLady
12-24-2010, 01:25 AM
Do you know if your's was a 360, a 410 or something else? A 360 or a 410 on a 1/4 mile oval is serious. We get a lot of California drivers here at Riverside. Our Riverside is the oldest continually operating 1/4 mile dirt track in the country. You have a Riverside out there, too, but I don't know much about it other than a few comments I've heard through the years. The byline for our Riverside is Thrills, Chills and Spills!!!!!!!!

If you can team up with somebody try and come see me. My wife and I will show you a GREAT time and I'm certain it will bring back some good memories for you!!!!!!!

I'm gonna 'neak one in on you, too!!!!

Psychoblues

I can't remember the stats....that was a lifetime ago. I remember him catching a wheel and flipping it up and over the fence and into the parking lot in Santa Maria ... that one was his most spectacular crash ... major concussion and two black eyes (and he was best man the next weekend for his sister's wedding --- :laugh::laugh:)

This was one of my husband's racing friends:

http://www.maryboroughspeedway.com.au/images/USA%20SPrintcar%20Drivers/Brent%20Kaeding.jpg

Psychoblues
12-24-2010, 01:34 AM
I can't remember the stats....that was a lifetime ago. I remember him catching a wheel and flipping it up and over the fence and into the parking lot in Santa Maria ... that one was his most spectacular crash ... major concussion and two black eyes (and he was best man the next weekend for his sister's wedding --- :laugh::laugh:)

This was one of my husband's racing friends:

http://www.maryboroughspeedway.com.au/images/USA%20SPrintcar%20Drivers/Brent%20Kaeding.jpg

That car is exactly a 360 or 410. They are made exactly alike other than cubic inch engine displacement. I also note it is using a J&J frame. My uncle and I transport a lot of frames for J&J for powder coating. Thank you so much for posting that photo, SL. I don't do well posting things like that and I've tried in the past to describe those cars but seeing is believing. If those cars don't get your blood pressure up and your heart thumping then I would say you're pretty close to the morgue!!!!!!!

Can I 'neak one on ya?

Psychoblues

SassyLady
12-24-2010, 01:37 AM
That car is exactly a 360 or 410. They are made exactly alike other than cubic inch engine displacement. I also note it is using a J&J frame. My uncle and I transport a lot of frames for J&J for powder coating. Thank you so much for posting that photo, SL. I don't do well posting things like that and I've tried in the past to describe those cars but seeing is believing. If those cars don't get your blood pressure up and your heart thumping then I would say you're pretty close to the morgue!!!!!!!

Can I 'neak one on ya?

Psychoblues

You're welcome....would post a pic of ours but hubby kept all those photos and it was long before we had photos on computers. If I ever find one I'll post it.

What is:

"Can I 'neak one on ya?" mean?

Psychoblues
12-24-2010, 01:43 AM
You're welcome....would post a pic of ours but hubby kept all those photos and it was long before we had photos on computers. If I ever find one I'll post it.

What is:

"Can I 'neak one on ya?" mean?

I hope you can find a good pic of that car but what you're showing us now is FANTASTIC and I thank you VERY MUCH!!!!!!!

I used to close all my posts with this:

I was asked by a moderator and a very good friend of mine not to do that because it was being taken the wrong way by some. I understand that and agreed but every now and then I just want to extend a special fondness for certain posts and posters. I hope that explains it good enough for you. Please let me know either way, OK?

Oh, 'neak is an endearing short version of "sneak".

Psychoblues

SassyLady
12-24-2010, 01:44 AM
Maybe this will help you share what Sprint Cars are all about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDLYoI60Vq4&feature=player_detailpage

Psychoblues
12-24-2010, 01:57 AM
Maybe this will help you share what Sprint Cars are all about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDLYoI60Vq4&feature=player_detailpage

GREAT, SL!!!!!! Those are World of Outlaws 410 sprinters. I know every one of those cats and they are all fantastic. Two of them, #1 Sammy Swindell and #1s Jason Sides were neighbors of mine once upon a time. I still watch Sammy's brother, Jeff Swindell almost every Saturday night in racing season. Jeff would run with those cats but he don't like the road anymore.

Donnie Schatz and Joey Saldano gave 'em hell all the way through that race, didn't they!!!!!!!!!!

On edit: You really have to BE THERE to get what sprint car racing is all about. The smells, the sounds, the thumping of the high compression engines, the cockiness of the drivers and the make up of the field. 24 of those cars starting the feature race will put goose bumbs on ya where you ain't never had goose bumbs before!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

SassyLady
12-24-2010, 02:03 AM
GREAT, SL!!!!!! Those are World of Outlaws 410 sprinters. I know every one of those cats and they are all fantastic. Two of them, #1 Sammy Swindell and #1s Jason Sides were neighbors of mine once upon a time. I still watch Sammy's brother, Jeff Swindell almost every Saturday night in racing season. Jeff would run with those cats but he don't like the road anymore.

Donnie Schatz and Joey Saldano gave 'em hell all the way through that race, didn't they!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

I can't believe Swindell and Kinser are still racing....they were always #1 and #2 when the Outlaws came out here. The #69 car I posted for you was the NARC champ numerous times and also raced with the Outlaws for a couple of years ... Brent Kaeding. I think I also heard them mention Tony Stewart and Kasey Kahne...are they racing sprints too?

I used to live on one of the tracks and these guys would camp out in my backyard during race weekends. Talk about adrenalin junkies!

Psychoblues
12-24-2010, 02:13 AM
I can't believe Swindell and Kinser are still racing....they were always #1 and #2 when the Outlaws came out here. The #69 car I posted for you was the NARC champ numerous times and also raced with the Outlaws for a couple of years ... Brent Kaeding. I think I also heard them mention Tony Stewart and Kasey Kahne...are they racing sprints too?

I used to live on one of the tracks and these guys would camp out in my backyard during race weekends. Talk about adrenalin junkies!

I have seen Brent Keading race but I can't remember when or where. Tony Stewart owns the cars that Kraig Kinser drives and Kasey Kahne owns the cars that Joey Saldano drives. Both are huge supporters of local dirt track action as well.

Sammy Swindell is a certified asshole. Nothing like his brother, Jeff. Jason Sides is the son of Bobby Sides, an old time Memphis legend and previous manager of the Dover Motorsports Memphis Motorsports Park. There is a long story about all that I might share with you some day.

Did you get that 'splain on the 'neak thing?

Oh, and about that "adrenalin"? Do you know much about cocaine? Lots of it in the sprint car racing world.

Psychoblues

SassyLady
12-24-2010, 02:29 AM
I have seen Brent Keading race but I can't remember when or where. Tony Stewart owns the cars that Kraig Kinser drives and Kasey Kahne owns the cars that Joey Saldano drives. Both are huge supporters of local dirt track action as well.

Sammy Swindell is a certified asshole. Nothing like his brother, Jeff. Jason Sides is the son of Bobby Sides, an old time Memphis legend and previous manager of the Dover Motorsports Memphis Motorsports Park. There is a long story about all that I might share with you some day.

Did you get that 'splain on the 'neak thing?

Oh, and about that "adrenalin"? Do you know much about cocaine? Lots of it in the sprint car racing world.

Psychoblues

The only thing I remember about Sammy is that he is tiny....never could figure out how such a tiny little guy had so much strength to manhandle those powerhouses around the track.

Brent's sons are now racing ... my daughter stayed with them for a summer about 15 years ago and thinks of them as cousins. Another friend of ours broke his neck racing....had to wear a halo thing bolted to his skull, but as soon as he got it off he was back out there racing....Ronnie Day. Stevie Kent used to race our car when my husband couldn't due to commitments or conflict of interest (he managed a couple of different race tracks here in CA).

I don't remember drivers doing the coke thing....but they had no aversion to drinking like sailors once the race was over. I remember when wings were not used at Calistoga and people died going over the wall. Everyone said ... put wings on for safety ... will make them go slower. NOT!!!! But I found it more exciting and easier to track my favs with the wings.

I think one of the things people don't realize about Sprints is that you better be willing to get dirty ... because by the end of the night when the main rolls round the track is pretty dry and the whirlwind created dumps a lot of grit on the spectators.

I do love standing down by the finish line though .... when they come by your ears vibrate and it runs right through your skull!!! I used to stay down in the pits until one night in Santa Maria ... a car got loose and made a left turn on turn four and ran over a flagman and drug him across the pits ... killed instantly. I decided it was best to watch from the stands from that point forward.

As for the 'neak thing .... I'm OK with you just using the "thanks" button if you like something I post.

Psychoblues
12-24-2010, 02:59 AM
The only thing I remember about Sammy is that he is tiny....never could figure out how such a tiny little guy had so much strength to manhandle those powerhouses around the track.

Brent's sons are now racing ... my daughter stayed with them for a summer about 15 years ago and thinks of them as cousins. Another friend of ours broke his neck racing....had to wear a halo thing bolted to his skull, but as soon as he got it off he was back out there racing....Ronnie Day. Stevie Kent used to race our car when my husband couldn't due to commitments or conflict of interest (he managed a couple of different race tracks here in CA).

I don't remember drivers doing the coke thing....but they had no aversion to drinking like sailors once the race was over. I remember when wings were not used at Calistoga and people died going over the wall. Everyone said ... put wings on for safety ... will make them go slower. NOT!!!! But I found it more exciting and easier to track my favs with the wings.

I think one of the things people don't realize about Sprints is that you better be willing to get dirty ... because by the end of the night when the main rolls round the track is pretty dry and the whirlwind created dumps a lot of grit on the spectators.

I do love standing down by the finish line though .... when they come by your ears vibrate and it runs right through your skull!!! I used to stay down in the pits until one night in Santa Maria ... a car got loose and made a left turn on turn four and ran over a flagman and drug him across the pits ... killed instantly. I decided it was best to watch from the stands from that point forward.

As for the 'neak thing .... I'm OK with you just using the "thanks" button if you like something I post.

You are thinking of Sammy Swindell's father, Sam Swindell. Sammy is about 5'10" and close to 200 pounds. Sam is still a little bitty guy but I wouldn't tangle with him. He can manhandle most men like he used to manhandle those sprint cars!!!!!!!!!!

If you were not into the coke circle amongst the drivers and crews you might never know about it. You just have to trust me on this one. It's there and it ain't unusual.

Our Riverside is noted for it's special dirt and track surface. We don't have any dust. All night, 6 hours of hard racing and NO DUST. Everybody finds it very remarkable and quite pleasant!!!!!!! I've been going to Riverside since I was a baby in about 1953 (3 years old) and in all that time we may have had a dozen dusty nights for inexplicable reasons.

I added a line in a previous post here. You just have to be there to believe it. There is nothing like it anywhere, anytime for any price.

From this point forward I'll exclusively use the Thanks button, SL. I made my gesture purposely ambiguous thinking you might give me an understanding on how you feel about that. My friend was correct.

Psychoblues

SassyLady
12-24-2010, 03:24 AM
You are thinking of Sammy Swindell's father, Sam Swindell. Sammy is about 5'10" and close to 200 pounds. Sam is still a little bitty guy but I wouldn't tangle with him. He can manhandle most men like he used to manhandle those sprint cars!!!!!!!!!!

If you were not into the coke circle amongst the drivers and crews you might never know about it. You just have to trust me on this one. It's there and it ain't unusual.

Our Riverside is noted for it's special dirt and track surface. We don't have any dust. All night, 6 hours of hard racing and NO DUST. Everybody finds it very remarkable and quite pleasant!!!!!!! I've been going to Riverside since I was a baby in about 1953 (3 years old) and in all that time we may have had a dozen dusty nights for inexplicable reasons.

I added a line in a previous post here. You just have to be there to believe it. There is nothing like it anywhere, anytime for any price.

From this point forward I'll exclusively use the Thanks button, SL. I made my gesture purposely ambiguous thinking you might give me an understanding on how you feel about that. My friend was correct.

Psychoblues

Well, he might be big now ... but when I knew him he looked like this:

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS3DI6WBthw2u-ddhCQrDhoMO-D1ph8esbH2Q4mKB1Cml4Q74ywgg

Do you know which one he is?

He may have put on some weight, but he's still seems short to me.

http://www.tjslideways.com/slideways30/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/swindell.jpg

Psychoblues
12-24-2010, 03:40 AM
Well, he might be big now ... but when I knew him he looked like this:

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS3DI6WBthw2u-ddhCQrDhoMO-D1ph8esbH2Q4mKB1Cml4Q74ywgg

Do you know which one he is?

He may have put on some weight, but he's still seems short to me.

http://www.tjslideways.com/slideways30/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/swindell.jpg

You are correct, SL. He does appear shorter and smaller than I remember. His brother, Jeff, is also a short guy and a helluva driver and their dad, Sam, is a short guy and was one helluva driver. Of all of them Sammy is the certified asshole. I can certainly testify to that. The last time I saw him a little kid approached him in the pits and asked for his autograph. Sammy told the kid to go find his Mama, he didn't have time for autographs. I've seen people approach him extending their hands for a shake and he would look strangely at them, turn around and walk off. I've seen him wheel stand down the back stretch, tear his car all to hell and blame somebody else for it, heck, SL, I could go on and on about that asshole.

Do you know when that picture was taken? By the way he looks it is fairly recent but I don't recognize that car or sponsor for him.

I guess all of the Swindell's are small but the old man is the smallest.

Thanks

Psychoblues

SassyLady
12-24-2010, 04:00 AM
You are correct, SL. He does appear shorter and smaller than I remember. His brother, Jeff, is also a short guy and a helluva driver and their dad, Sam, is a short guy and was one helluva driver. Of all of them Sammy is the certified asshole. I can certainly testify to that. The last time I saw him a little kid approached him in the pits and asked for his autograph. Sammy told the kid to go find his Mama, he didn't have time for autographs. I've seen people approach him extending their hands for a shake and he would look strangely at them, turn around and walk off. I've seen him wheel stand down the back stretch, tear his car all to hell and blame somebody else for it, heck, SL, I could go on and on about that asshole.

Do you know when that picture was taken? By the way he looks it is fairly recent but I don't recognize that car or sponsor for him.

I guess all of the Swindell's are small but the old man is the smallest.

Thanks

Psychoblues

I guess he was always nice to us because he knew my husband was the promoter. But, yes, I've heard he is a hell raiser.

http://www.tjslideways.com/2010/10/03/sammy-swindell-stops-the-streak-wins-50000-morgan-hughes-national-open/

Psychoblues
12-24-2010, 05:26 AM
I guess he was always nice to us because he knew my husband was the promoter. But, yes, I've heard he is a hell raiser.

http://www.tjslideways.com/2010/10/03/sammy-swindell-stops-the-streak-wins-50000-morgan-hughes-national-open/

He's a hard one to figure, I guess, SL.

That was one cool race that you're linking to in that last post, SL. That one had about all the World of Outlaw racers and the Pennsylvania Posse racers at Willow Grove. I don't like 1/2 mile tracks but with that caliber cars and crews it had to be one helluva race.

Thanks again, SL, and once again Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

I just noticed that the link in the OP isn't working anymore. They've made several changes to the schedule and even reformatted it. My offer, however, still stands. I would be very happy to host any individual or group to come to the Memphis, Tn. area for some of the best racing, best bar-b-que and best blues on God's green earth, irony intended.

New Link: http://www.riversideinternationalspeedway.com/schedule.htm

Psychoblues

actsnoblemartin
02-16-2011, 12:24 AM
sweet, are you enjoying yourself blues man? :dance:

Ncrdbl1
06-19-2011, 12:57 PM
You have about 5 years on me i guess when it comes to the Ditch and i agree with about 90% of your accessment. They are still hit and miss at times when it comes to the track but the new owner is finally coming around when it comes to track prep. I miss Joe McAdams as he knew every inch of that track intimately. The night would start out a little greasy, it would start coming around during the stock cars heats, then by the time the Late Model and Sprint Car heats were over it was super fast and stayed that way through the features.

Waiting on word as to when they are going to reschedule Rock and Roll 50.
My Dad tells me stories all the time about Mr Montgomery and how he always kept prices as low as possible. Mentioned one night he won the "C" heat and while waiting to get paid he bought a coke and hotdog and lost money. LOL

When it comes to BBQ my top three are Central BBQ, Interstate/Neely's (same family and same recipe), and Paynes (a little joint with a very unique slaw).