PDA

View Full Version : Snow

Jeff
12-23-2010, 06:10 PM
Looks like we may get a white Christmas here in GA ( I am inviting Al Gore for dinner :laugh:) In all fairness we get a ice storm or a light snow every year and even have had a couple good ones since I have lived here , but never this early

Kathianne
12-23-2010, 06:19 PM
Looks like we may get a white Christmas here in GA ( I am inviting Al Gore for dinner :laugh:) In all fairness we get a ice storm or a light snow every year and even have had a couple good ones since I have lived here , but never this early

That will be nice for any little ones. Here? Snow tomorrow, Sat., Sun. I mean couldn't this go to dmp? :laugh2:

Jeff
12-23-2010, 06:26 PM
That will be nice for any little ones. Here? Snow tomorrow, Sat., Sun. I mean couldn't this go to dmp? :laugh2:

:laugh2::laugh2:

I am kind of like dmp now that I don't have to drive in it, it is beautiful , and little ones, LOL, I am excited, LOL, it will make for a beautiful Christmas Morning, fireplace going , Christmas music playing , snow falling all while the kids open gifts, yup I am hoping

Kathianne
12-23-2010, 07:57 PM
:laugh2::laugh2:

I am kind of like dmp now that I don't have to drive in it, it is beautiful , and little ones, LOL, I am excited, LOL, it will make for a beautiful Christmas Morning, fireplace going , Christmas music playing , snow falling all while the kids open gifts, yup I am hoping

Hurry up, call the in-laws and invite them. In GA they certainly won't make it with snow or ice. You can be the 'nice one.' Wait, with luck like mine, it won't come true. The weather man here has been wrong once or twice. :laugh2:

Jeff
12-24-2010, 12:06 AM
Hurry up, call the in-laws and invite them. In GA they certainly won't make it with snow or ice. You can be the 'nice one.' Wait, with luck like mine, it won't come true. The weather man here has been wrong once or twice. :laugh2:

I can't take that chance Kat :laugh:

fj1200
12-24-2010, 12:19 AM
Looks like we may get a white Christmas here in GA

How far North, or South, are you? I'd love a good sock it in snowstorm here in Atlanta. I could get out and drive the Subaru, good times.

Jeff
12-24-2010, 12:27 AM
How far North, or South, are you? I'd love a good sock it in snowstorm here in Atlanta. I could get out and drive the Subaru, good times.

I am up here around Carnesville about 80 miles North of Atlanta

The weather seems to be getting more questionable for Saturday now, originally they said significant accumulations light snow accumulations on one weather channel on the weather channel it is saying showers , so I may of gotten my hopes up for nothing

Mr. P
12-24-2010, 12:31 AM
Jeff is North of Athens..Jefferson I think. I'd like to see one like March 1993. That was the best snow I've ever seen in ga.
Crippled the whole east coast but so what. :laugh:

fj1200
12-24-2010, 12:37 AM
I am up here around Carnesville about 80 miles North of Atlanta

... so I may of gotten my hopes up for nothing

Me, and the kids, too.

Some good motorcycle roads up by you?

fj1200
12-24-2010, 12:39 AM
... one like March 1993. That was the best snow I've ever seen in ga.

Stuff of legend I hear. We didn't get hear until '99 so we missed it.

Jeff
12-24-2010, 12:41 AM
Me, and the kids, too.

Some good motorcycle roads up by you?

Absolutely, although I always find myself heading either to Helen , cherokee, or somewhere up that way

But yes we have lots of good riding areas, when it is warm it is nice to ride up into the Mts, then come down to the lake to swim a bit then to the house

fj1200
12-24-2010, 12:52 AM
Absolutely, although I always find myself heading either to Helen , cherokee, or somewhere up that way

But yes we have lots of good riding areas, when it is warm it is nice to ride up into the Mts, then come down to the lake to swim a bit then to the house

I need to do more riding, the b!tch is getting out of Atlanta, it takes an hour to get anywhere good.

I picked my bike up in Knoxville back in Sept., came down through the Dragon, Robbinsville, Murphy, Blairsville, Suches, Dahlonega, over two days. Great ride until I hit 400 and city traffic.

Jeff
12-24-2010, 12:59 AM
I need to do more riding, the b!tch is getting out of Atlanta, it takes an hour to get anywhere good.

I picked my bike up in Knoxville back in Sept., came down through the Dragon, Robbinsville, Murphy, Blairsville, Suches, Dahlonega, over two days. Great ride until I hit 400 and city traffic.

When the weather breaks come on straight up 85 and we will do some riding :thumb:

Mr. P
12-24-2010, 01:09 AM
When the weather breaks come on straight up 85 and we will do some riding :thumb:
He'll be suicidal if he rides it through spaghetti Junction instead of trailing it up. :laugh:

fj1200
12-24-2010, 09:38 PM

Sounds like a blast. That might be April the ways it's been though.

He'll be suicidal if he rides it through spaghetti Junction instead of trailing it up. :laugh:

True, I already did it once though. I don't have the car, or the trailer, to trailer it now. A different car is in the budget but the budget committee (wife) probably wouldn't have it.