PDA

View Full Version : Fess Up, It's For the Economy!

Kathianne
12-23-2010, 10:10 PM
I've spent less than $12 on gifts that are ready to give. I've spent about $20 on cookies and bread for gifts. My daughter and sons are buying the ham. My SIL's mom has got me a turkey. Dinner will cost me about $40., including wine and pop.

I'm at one end of extreme. How many of you are planning on saving the economy tomorrow?

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Christmas-Eve-shoppers-may-apf-1647016658.html?x=0

Christmas Eve shoppers may lead to spending record
Holiday shopping rush could give retailers their best season since 2007, or even set record
Ellen Gibson and Anne D'Innocenzio, On Thursday December 23, 2010, 9:31 pm

NEW YORK (AP) -- It's Black Friday, The Sequel. Stores are rolling out deals and expect to be swimming in shoppers on Christmas Eve as stragglers take advantage of a day off work. For retailers, the last-minute rush caps the best year since 2007, and possibly ever.

With Christmas falling on a Saturday this year, Friday is a holiday for most U.S. workers. That lets shoppers hit the stores first thing in the morning.

"I'm calling it Fantastic Friday, because I really do think it's going to be one of the busiest days of the year," said Marshal Cohen, chief fashion industry analyst with researcher NPD Group...

Gaffer
12-23-2010, 10:33 PM
The economy is getting nothing from me this christmas.

Kathianne
12-23-2010, 10:39 PM
The economy is getting nothing from me this christmas.

I'm under $100, including Christmas dinner and gifts.

Obviously I'm broke. So I baked and still am, the only gift I bought was for my grand nephew, $11.

My kids bought a Honey Baked Ham, my SIL's mom is giving me a turkey tomorrow. So we're having turkey and ham. I'm making some cranberry pinwheels, meatballs and little smokies in a sweet/hot sauce. My daughter is making deviled eggs, my brother is bringing the jumbo shrimp.

I'm making au gratin potatoes, garlic/cheddar mashed, and veggies. Waldorf salad.

Dessert will be cherry pie, a cake my daughter is bringing, and pineapple upside down cake. And cookies. ;)

fj1200
12-23-2010, 11:43 PM
^Sounds like we need a recipe thread, yum.

I have no idea what we've spent, the wife has handled almost all of that but I do know we've spent a S*load renovating the house. Home Depot should send me a card.

SassyLady
12-24-2010, 12:57 AM
Well....I'm not entertaining this year, so no expenditures on food ... just visiting and helping daughter cook and take care of kids. I only purchased gifts for my grandkids and spent less than $200.....because I helped the economy by flying to Tucson!!!

Kathianne....you are my heroine!! We made cookies to share but I think we've eaten most of them already.....:laugh::laugh: