PDA

View Full Version : Last minute shopping

jimnyc
12-24-2010, 09:18 AM
So I guess it's about time I start my Christmas shopping!! :laugh2:

Everyone give me recommendations for gifts $75 and below, for the wife. Not being cheap, but we set limits on one another. Here's what I've done before that I would rather not repeat:

Book
Perfume
Designer frame (with pic of son in it)
Little crystal trinket thingies
Hot lingerie (which seems to have disappeared about 5 mins after she opened them, never to be seen again)

I have no idea what to get her, but I need it to be "personalized" at least a little bit so it appears I put some thought into it!!

Oh, and I also got her one of those "Edible Arrangements" once before, which is flowers made out of fruit. (not the same as edible underwear, you pervs!!)

Kathianne
12-24-2010, 09:31 AM

Everyone give me recommendations for gifts $75 and below, for the wife. Not being cheap, but we set limits on one another. Here's what I've done before that I would rather not repeat:

Book
Perfume
Hot lingerie (which seems to have disappeared about 5 mins after she opened them, never to be seen again)

I have no idea what to get her, but I need it to be "personalized" at least a little bit so it appears I put some thought into it!!

Oh, and I also got her one of those "Edible Arrangements" once before, which is flowers made out of fruit. (not the same as edible underwear, you pervs!!)

She's tiny, right? Run to Ann Taylor or Talbot's Petites. They'll fix you up with something classic and nice looking! Neither store tends to be 'crazy' busy, so shouldn't be too much of a hassle, best yet, you should be able to find something for the price, maybe even something to go with it.

chloe
12-24-2010, 10:18 AM

Book
Perfume

I think this is close to your area, get her theatre tickets and a gift card for a nice dinner, and you two spend an evening out together.

http://www.antoniaarts.com/

http://www.tramontos.com/

jimnyc
12-24-2010, 10:55 AM
Thanks for the suggestions, but I ran out and bought a few things on a whim so far.

Sarah Palin's and GWB's respective books. And this way I can read them when she's done too! A couple of nice picture frames, as God knows she can't have enough pictures of our son on her desk at work. Also one of those "As seen on TV" things - which is a top sheet, bottom sheet, blanket and throw blanket all in one. Kind of like a sleeping bag, but made more for lounging around and MUCH more comfy!!

abso
12-24-2010, 11:09 AM
Thanks for the suggestions, but I ran out and bought a few things on a whim so far.

Sarah Palin's and GWB's respective books. And this way I can read them when she's done too! A couple of nice picture frames, as God knows she can't have enough pictures of our son on her desk at work. Also one of those "As seen on TV" things - which is a top sheet, bottom sheet, blanket and throw blanket all in one. Kind of like a sleeping bag, but made more for lounging around and MUCH more comfy!!

that's mean, seems that the gift were for you not her :dev3:

unless if she likes this kind of books. :rolleyes:

Noir
12-24-2010, 11:17 AM
Started shopping two hours ago, finished an hour ago, spent the remaining time enjoying some tea and scones in the super-martket while watching everyone else run around in the maddness ^__^

jimnyc
12-24-2010, 11:50 AM

Oh, she does, trust me. She's an avid reader to begin with, but also a conservative republican leaning towards libertarian (her words). She's fond of the Ronald Reagan era politics and is huge on our constitution. She took some courses on constitutional law both at Virginia Tech and prior to that at NY University.

She's not "thrilled" about GWB or Palin, but I know for sure she'll enjoy the reading, as she just loves politics.

And if I were to buy books for her that were really for me, it would be Hustler or Playboy!

jimnyc
12-24-2010, 11:51 AM
Started shopping two hours ago, finished an hour ago, spent the remaining time enjoying some tea and scones in the super-martket while watching everyone else run around in the maddness ^__^

Not far off!! Did mine just as fast and sitting here enjoying an "English Breakfast Tea" made by Twinings. Not bad tea, but no scones. All I have is a 5lb bag of pistachios, and pistachios and tea doesn't sound good together!

jimnyc
12-24-2010, 11:53 AM

Btw, my wife used to post amongst us. Not sure if here but definitely at my old political board. She quit posting she says because I drover her nuts, both on the board and off. She has now asked that I don't discuss politics with her anymore, unless I agree ahead of time that her point of view is the correct one.

Noir
12-24-2010, 12:07 PM
Not far off!! Did mine just as fast and sitting here enjoying an "English Breakfast Tea" made by Twinings. Not bad tea, but no scones. All I have is a 5lb bag of pistachios, and pistachios and tea doesn't sound good together!

Twinings are good, some of them are a lil weak for me though.
Also I wrote a letter of complaint to their marketing department, for years they branded themselves as 'we only make tea, normal tea, ordinary tea, the only way tea should be' then they brought out like 6 different flavours like 'vanilla' etc, so I wrote to ask them why the sudden change of heart after being very publicly dismissive of the idea of flavoured teas for years. I never heard back >,>

Kathianne
12-24-2010, 01:30 PM
I know you'll all be shocked, but during my college years I worked in a bookstore that also carried Hallmark and other stationary. Christmas Eve all the shoppers were college kids, (understandable since they were just getting paid), and men. LOL!

Many looked frantic!

Merry Christmas you guys!

abso
12-24-2010, 03:32 PM
Btw, my wife used to post amongst us. Not sure if here but definitely at my old political board. She quit posting she says because I drover her nuts, both on the board and off. She has now asked that I don't discuss politics with her anymore, unless I agree ahead of time that her point of view is the correct one.

sounds like almost all "Women" to me ;), i apologize in advance to all the women in the board :rolleyes:

abso
12-24-2010, 03:36 PM
Oh, she does, trust me. She's an avid reader to begin with, but also a conservative republican leaning towards libertarian (her words). She's fond of the Ronald Reagan era politics and is huge on our constitution. She took some courses on constitutional law both at Virginia Tech and prior to that at NY University.

She's not "thrilled" about GWB or Palin, but I know for sure she'll enjoy the reading, as she just loves politics.

And if I were to buy books for her that were really for me, it would be Hustler or Playboy!

that's good, i have always hoped that my future wife will love reading as much as i do, so that i can give her a nice book to read whenever i want her to shut up and leave me alone for some time :rolleyes:, but unfortunatly, the girl i am going to marry doesn't like reading any book that have more than 15-20 pages ;)