PDA

View Full Version : Intimidation Under Guise of Holidays

Kathianne
12-24-2010, 01:39 PM
Union workers that were 'locked out' go 'caroling' at executives homes. Think this would look the same if it were pro-lifers in front of Planned Parenthood executives?

http://bigjournalism.com/dloesch/2010/12/23/union-visits-private-home-to-intimidate-local-media-calls-it-caroling/

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DOiPd-BqJPI&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DOiPd-BqJPI&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

From the link, some background and commentary:

...Are you kidding me? A caravan of 80 people to sing insults and, according to eyewitnesses, shouting “F*CK YOU” at various houses right before Christmas? This isn’t “caroling,” this is intimidation. On private property. I’m told by locals that one of the houses they visited was down a private lane of an elderly couple whose granddaughter often stays with them (and luckily wasn’t the night the union struck) – the union trespassed.

...And where is the local media on union members reportedly trespassing onto private property to terrify and intimidate private citizens? They’re fellated by WGEM in one of the most egregious examples of media bias I’ve seen in some time.

When tea partiers went to stand outside the home of a congressman for a prayer vigil after the passage of health care, his office went crying hysterically to the press, defamed the group by making up the story that one of them “left a coffin” on his yard, and it was a national story.

When union thugs – because members don’t show up to people’s houses but if you do you’ve crossed the line from member to thug – show up to the homes of private citizens, it’s all but ignored.

LuvRPgrl
12-24-2010, 04:56 PM
CEO's and Corporations are so concerned about their public appearance it has made them into total pussies.

Union workers that were 'locked out' go 'caroling' at executives homes. Think this would look the same if it were pro-lifers in front of Planned Parenthood executives?

http://bigjournalism.com/dloesch/2010/12/23/union-visits-private-home-to-intimidate-local-media-calls-it-caroling/

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DOiPd-BqJPI&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DOiPd-BqJPI&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

From the link, some background and commentary:

Psychoblues
12-24-2010, 06:34 PM
When you take on positions that cheat, deceive and abuse people then sometimes you reap what you sow. God bless the Unions and God bless true justice.

Happy Christmas and Merry New Year!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

LuvRPgrl
12-24-2010, 07:00 PM
When you take on positions that cheat, deceive and abuse people then sometimes you reap what you sow. God bless the Unions and God bless true justice.

Happy Christmas and Merry New Year!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

Yea, people in America are so downtrodden compared to other countries

Psychoblues
12-24-2010, 07:16 PM
Yea, people in America are so downtrodden compared to other countries

I don't have much to say or do about true justice in other countries, LVRGL, but I damned sure have a right to seek and even demand it in this one. I've earned that right and have given up a lot of my life protecting it for all others that reside in this country.

Happy Christmas and Merry New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

fj1200
12-24-2010, 10:13 PM
When you take on positions that cheat, deceive and abuse people then sometimes you reap what you sow.

:link:???

Psychoblues
12-24-2010, 10:55 PM
:link:???

:lol::laugh2::lol:

Happy Christmas and Merry New Year!!!!!!

Psychoblues

LuvRPgrl
12-25-2010, 02:38 AM
I don't have much to say or do about true justice in other countries, LVRGL, but I damned sure have a right to seek and even demand it in this one. I've earned that right and have given up a lot of my life protecting it for all others that reside in this country.

Psychoblues

I didnt know rights were earned

Psychoblues
12-25-2010, 02:51 AM
I didnt know rights were earned

In the case of veterans, especially those like me that have been to war several times, I think that alone says something about "earning" in America. My rights are no bigger or better than yours but they are no less either. I thought I made that plain with the words "protecting it for all others" as related to my willingness to risk my life to protect not your life but only your liberty. If there was any way to do it I would go much further to protect your life. Are you feeling me?

Happy Holidays

Psychoblues

Kathianne
12-25-2010, 04:30 AM

Psychoblues

I believe you. However, the rights of union workers do not supersede the rights of the property owners. They trespassed.

Psychoblues
12-25-2010, 04:39 AM
I believe you. However, the rights of union workers do not supersede the rights of the property owners. They trespassed.

To the extent they trespassed that is true but simply putting gates up around a community where the city or county continues to maintain the roads, utilities, etc, it remains public property and the unions have a right of free assembly and freee speech. That's the general problem with the rich folks. They want to have it both ways and pay for none of it.

Psychoblues

Kathianne
12-25-2010, 04:42 AM
To the extent they trespassed that is true but simply putting gates up around a community where the city or county continues to maintain the roads, utilities, etc, it remains public property and the unions have a right of free assembly and freee speech. That's the general problem with the rich folks. They want to have it both ways and pay for none of it.

Psychoblues

Read it. They trespassed through a neighbor's yard. The media was covering it. Tell me, what do you think would have been the coverage of a pro-life group that went 'caroling' in like manner to hospital, family planning clinic owners? Somehow I don't think it would have been taken lightly, the story would have been the trespass at the very least.

Psychoblues
12-25-2010, 04:54 AM
Read it. They trespassed through a neighbor's yard. The media was covering it. Tell me, what do you think would have been the coverage of a pro-life group that went 'caroling' in like manner to hospital, family planning clinic owners? Somehow I don't think it would have been taken lightly, the story would have been the trespass at the very least.

We can supposin' anything we want, Kath, but in this case there were some mistakes made by all involved from what I can make of it. If some chickenshit resident blocks the public street I'm gonna cut through his yard or even somebody else's yard to get to where I'm going. It is sad, Kath, and I wish it didn't happen but the unions have every bit the right to protest that the corporations seem to think they have the right to fuck everybody over.

Oh, but what if this and what if that doesn't cut it in an objective world, Kath.

Happy Holidays!!!!!!

Psychoblues

Kathianne
12-25-2010, 05:12 AM
We can supposin' anything we want, Kath, but in this case there were some mistakes made by all involved from what I can make of it. If some chickenshit resident blocks the public street I'm gonna cut through his yard or even somebody else's yard to get to where I'm going. It is sad, Kath, and I wish it didn't happen but the unions have every bit the right to protest that the corporations seem to think they have the right to fuck everybody over.

Oh, but what if this and what if that doesn't cut it in an objective world, Kath.

Happy Holidays!!!!!!

Psychoblues

So groups you happen to agree with have more rights than those you don't agree with. Indeed, those you agree with are allowed to stomp on the rights of others, to make their point. I do understand where you are coming from, you served to protect the rights of those you agree with.

Happy Holidays!!!!! to you, also!

Psychoblues
12-25-2010, 05:21 AM
So groups you happen to agree with have more rights than those you don't agree with. Indeed, those you agree with are allowed to stomp on the rights of others, to make their point. I do understand where you are coming from, you served to protect the rights of those you agree with.

Happy Holidays!!!!! to you, also!

Don't put any words in my mouth, Kath. I do not and did not advocate what you intimate. As far as serving and the ramifications of my service it isn't quite that ying and yang. I do the very best I can and expect the best out of everyone else. If someone screws me or mine over then a retribution is in order as far as I am concerned and trespass be damned.

Kath, I'm not trying to be difficult but if this and if that doesn't help in an objective conversation.

Happy Holidays

Psychoblues

Kathianne
12-25-2010, 06:09 AM
Don't put any words in my mouth, Kath. I do not and did not advocate what you intimate. As far as serving and the ramifications of my service it isn't quite that ying and yang. I do the very best I can and expect the best out of everyone else. If someone screws me or mine over then a retribution is in order as far as I am concerned and trespass be damned.

Kath, I'm not trying to be difficult but if this and if that doesn't help in an objective conversation.

Happy Holidays

Psychoblues

When reading posts inferences need to be made or why bother? I bother to think about what someone writes.

You have no problem reading ambiguity into not only the article, but ignoring the video at site. They trespassed out on no emergency, just to go 'caroling.'

One uses one's experiences when reading, thinking, and making inferences. In this case, quite impossible not to see what the reporting would have been if the pro-life example I posited occurred. 'Trespass,' 'intimidation,' 'threats.' All would have been used.

I'm not being difficult, just discussing or debating, take your verb. It's the point of bothering.

Psychoblues
12-25-2010, 06:20 AM
When reading posts inferences need to be made or why bother? I bother to think about what someone writes.

You have no problem reading ambiguity into not only the article, but ignoring the video at site. They trespassed out on no emergency, just to go 'caroling.'

One uses one's experiences when reading, thinking, and making inferences. In this case, quite impossible not to see what the reporting would have been if the pro-life example I posited occurred. 'Trespass,' 'intimidation,' 'threats.' All would have been used.

I'm not being difficult, just discussing or debating, take your verb. It's the point of bothering.

I accept your point, Kath, and it is well taken. I won't give you a lot of if's and's and but's because I don't like hearing that crap myself. And "bothering" is the point of comprehension and resolution if possible.

Happy Holidays, Kath

Psychoblues

fj1200
12-25-2010, 07:31 PM
:lol::laugh2::lol:

Happy Christmas and Merry New Year!!!!!!

Psychoblues

That's what I thought. Why don't you limit your posts to things you can actually back up?

LuvRPgrl
12-25-2010, 09:53 PM
Unions have the power to deal with issues in other ways other than violence and criminal activity, this should be unacceptable.

But the point K is making is that the media is biased and doesnt give this the bad publicity it would give if it were a pro life group, you haven't responded to that point

as for rights and privledges, I thank you for your service. I never had the opportunity, not sure if I would have even if I did, to be honest.
But my son is serving, and in some ways its even worse than being there yourself
privledges are earned, so anything you earned is a privledge, anything you protected for us is a right

Happy Holidays!!!!!!

Psychoblues

LuvRPgrl
12-25-2010, 10:08 PM
YIN YANG, not ying yang, I hate having to correct you children all the time, :)

As far as serving and the ramifications of my service it isn't quite that ying and yang.

Happy Holidays

Psychoblues

Psychoblues
12-26-2010, 01:09 AM
Unions have the power to deal with issues in other ways other than violence and criminal activity, this should be unacceptable.

But the point K is making is that the media is biased and doesnt give this the bad publicity it would give if it were a pro life group, you haven't responded to that point

as for rights and privledges, I thank you for your service. I never had the opportunity, not sure if I would have even if I did, to be honest.
But my son is serving, and in some ways its even worse than being there yourself
privledges are earned, so anything you earned is a privledge, anything you protected for us is a right

The violence and abuse of unearned power goes both ways but is always in the favor of the rich and privileged, LRP. I've been on both sides of that band wagon. The workers want a fair days pay for a fair days work. Management wants all they can get for as close to nothing as they can get it. And they have the upper hand, the overt and covert sources of surveilance and general oversight and even the power to prevent the constitutionally guaranteed right to free assembly. The Corporates use that right all the time to their own advantages but they just can't stand for the workers to gain any collective sense of fair play. That's just unAmerican in my book.

Psychoblues

Kathianne
12-26-2010, 03:10 AM
The violence and abuse of unearned power goes both ways but is always in the favor of the rich and privileged, LRP. I've been on both sides of that band wagon. The workers want a fair days pay for a fair days work. Management wants all they can get for as close to nothing as they can get it. And they have the upper hand, the overt and covert sources of surveilance and general oversight and even the power to prevent the constitutionally guaranteed right to free assembly. The Corporates use that right all the time to their own advantages but they just can't stand for the workers to gain any collective sense of fair play. That's just unAmerican in my book.

Psychoblues

Who mentioned violence in this case? Breaking the law through trespass, sure, however violence does have a different definition. PB, you are straining way too had for folks that just don't deserve it.

SassyLady
12-26-2010, 03:15 AM
I am a total bigot when it comes to unions.....they are politically more powerful than any corporation, and are willing to use "thug" tactics to intimidate those who disagree.

My former father-in-law was killed for crossing the picket line and his nephew was a union rep that was also murdered. Father-in-law was Teamsters and cousin was IBEW.

fj1200
12-26-2010, 11:42 AM
And they have the upper hand, the overt and covert sources of surveilance and general oversight and even the power to prevent the constitutionally guaranteed right to free assembly.

How so?

LuvRPgrl
12-26-2010, 04:29 PM
I am a total bigot when it comes to unions.....they are politically more powerful than any corporation, and are willing to use "thug" tactics to intimidate those who disagree.

My former father-in-law was killed for crossing the picket line and his nephew was a union rep that was also murdered. Father-in-law was Teamsters and cousin was IBEW.

You are absolutely right. It is kinda like the libs vs the conservatives, the unions vs the CEO, corps

libs, unions make it out like they are for the little guys, but problem is, as your father in law proved, unless you go by their rules, violence is ok

sorry for your loss,,,,

Ron

Psychoblues
12-26-2010, 05:06 PM
Who mentioned violence in this case? Breaking the law through trespass, sure, however violence does have a different definition. PB, you are straining way too had for folks that just don't deserve it.

I think it was LRP that brought up violence AND criminal activity in this thread, Kath. You can go back through and verify that if you like.

Psychoblues

Kathianne
12-26-2010, 05:10 PM
I think it was LRP that brought up violence AND criminal activity in this thread, Kath. You can go back through and verify that if you like.

Psychoblues

Indeed, but not on the part of the executives. C'mon, stay with the facts.

Psychoblues
12-26-2010, 05:11 PM
How so?

There are lots of books out there for you, fj200. Start with a few that are about the Pinkertons and the trainyards and coal companies. They will lead you to many more. There has been much blood spilled at the hands of corporate thugs over the right to free assembly and association.

Psychoblues

fj1200
12-26-2010, 09:24 PM
There are lots of books out there for you, fj200. Start with a few that are about the Pinkertons and the trainyards and coal companies. They will lead you to many more. There has been much blood spilled at the hands of corporate thugs over the right to free assembly and association.

Psychoblues

:rolleyes: The Pinkerton's? I thought you might be referring to say... this millenia?

Psychoblues
12-26-2010, 10:24 PM
:rolleyes: The Pinkerton's? I thought you might be referring to say... this millenia?

The history of labor/management strife is long, complicated, well documented if you are willing to do the research and extremely bloody. I merely used the Pinkertons v the Train and Coal workers as examples and advised you to go forward from that. But, it started long before that and will never completely end as long as injustice exists towards the working people.

Psychoblues

fj1200
12-26-2010, 10:28 PM
The history of labor/management strife is long, complicated, well documented if you are willing to do the research and extremely bloody. I merely used the Pinkertons v the Train and Coal workers as examples and advised you to go forward from that. But, it started long before that and will never completely end as long as injustice exists towards the working people.

So when you were speaking in the present tense you were actually referring to ancient history? Let's try and keep it intellectually honest shall we.

Psychoblues
12-26-2010, 10:59 PM
So when you were speaking in the present tense you were actually referring to ancient history? Let's try and keep it intellectually honest shall we.

How do you associate my words "has been" with what I can only assume you are speaking of now as "is being", fj200? Corporate terrorism does continue to exist here and practically all over the undeveloped world (wow, that's not a good place for us to compare, is it?) and in a very big way. The corporates continue to retain the upper hand in this strife as they continue to control the courts, the government and pending legislation.

Psychoblues

fj1200
12-27-2010, 10:03 AM
How do you associate my words "has been" with what I can only assume you are speaking of now as "is being", fj200?

Because your entire post was written in the present and future tenses. to wit:

... is always in the favor of the rich... ... workers want... Management wants... ... they have the upper hand... ... the power to prevent... The Corporates use that right all the time to their own advantages...

So, shall you get back to proving your posit?

Corporate terrorism does continue to exist here...

Since that sentence is clearly in the present tense; How so?

The corporates continue to retain the upper hand in this strife as they continue to control the courts, the government and pending legislation.

Do they now?

Psychoblues
12-27-2010, 12:00 PM
Because your entire post was written in the present and future tenses. to wit:

So, shall you get back to proving your posit?

Since that sentence is clearly in the present tense; How so?

Do they now?

Oh, my. You are truly a chickenshit.

Psychoblues

fj1200
12-27-2010, 12:39 PM
Oh, my. You are truly a chickenshit.

Psychoblues

About the response expected from someone who can't back up their statements.

Psychoblues
12-27-2010, 12:51 PM
About the response expected from someone who can't back up their statements.

Oh, my. You're more of a true chickenshit than I ever imagined.

Will it go 'round in circles?

Psychoblues