PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas from Australia!

gabosaurus
12-24-2010, 07:50 PM
It's Christmas Day in Melbourne and we are headed to the beach, where we will have the traditional holiday feast and wait for Santa to arrive as he normally does here, on a surf board. Santa and his aquatic elves then hand out toys to children, which my daughter is particularly happy about.
Tomorrow is Boxing Day, the Australian equivalent of Black Friday. We will pass on shopping in favor of the annual Boxing Day Cricket Test. Where upwards of 90,000 will attend the opening day of the Third Ashes Test pitting Australia against the hated Poms of England. A good time and a lot of sledging is guaranteed for all.

But let us not forget what Christmas is all about. The story is the same everywhere. There was quite a nice piece in The Age, the daily newspaper of Melbourne. The "liberal media" doesn't exist here, so it is safe to read.

http://www.theage.com.au/opinion/society-and-culture/tale-of-innocence-and-joy-20101223-196hv.html

Happy Holidays, you lot!

Psychoblues
12-24-2010, 07:57 PM
And a huge Happy Christmas and Merry New Year to you, gabby!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

darin
12-24-2010, 08:16 PM
Weird Gabby - your IP address still shows USA.

chloe
12-24-2010, 09:45 PM
I hope you have lots of beautiful pics to share happy holidays to you and your family.

gabosaurus
12-24-2010, 11:48 PM
Weird Gabby - your IP address still shows USA.

Perhaps because I am using my husband's laptop (he is doing business here -- it's a good way to get a tax deduction on this trip). I dunno, you would know about this better than me, since you are smarter than all of us, right mate?
All I know is that the temps are mid-80s, the sun is shining, the water is nice and the food is plentiful and delicious. No worries, eh?

darin
12-25-2010, 10:19 AM
The IP isn't the computer - it's the path used to the internet, of sorts. Shows your first post originated in the USA. Are you using an anonymizer? First post shows west coast, your last shows east.