PDA

View Full Version : New Tattoo

jimnyc
12-25-2010, 10:14 AM
Well, at least re-colored in since the last time I posted it. Actually, I'm not even sure if I ever posted this before?

Anyway, just got out of the shower and the mirror faces you as you get out. I saw my latest tat and it made me sad, thinking of my Mom. This is our first Christmas without her. Not being able to see her or hear her voice during holidays is very difficult, at least for the 1st time.

Mom was a HUGE frog lover. She had all kinds of ceramic frogs everywhere. Anyway, in memory of Mom, we kids got this tattoo. The red faded very fast and I had to have it colored in again. Here it is about 1-2 months after being re-colored in.

This is the entire chest area now. My favorite things in the world! The tattoo for my Mommy, Jerome on the other side - and not sure how well you can make out the necklace, but the charm is supposed to be my son, Jordan, and one little diamond in there! My Chihuahua, Porter, will be next. And as great as it is to honor them, it's probably one of the main reasons, or one of many, that the gals tend to ignore me!!

darin
12-25-2010, 10:18 AM
Excellent, Jim! Merry Christmas, bro.

chloe
12-25-2010, 10:31 AM
Well, at least re-colored in since the last time I posted it. Actually, I'm not even sure if I ever posted this before?

Anyway, just got out of the shower and the mirror faces you as you get out. I saw my latest tat and it made me sad, thinking of my Mom. This is our first Christmas without her. Not being able to see her or hear her voice during holidays is very difficult, at least for the 1st time.

Mom was a HUGE frog lover. She had all kinds of ceramic frogs everywhere. Anyway, in memory of Mom, we kids got this tattoo. The red faded very fast and I had to have it colored in again. Here it is about 1-2 months after being re-colored in.

This is the entire chest area now. My favorite things in the world! The tattoo for my Mommy, Jerome on the other side - and not sure how well you can make out the necklace, but the charm is supposed to be my son, Jordan, and one little diamond in there! My Chihuahua, Porter, will be next. And as great as it is to honor them, it's probably one of the main reasons, or one of many, that the gals tend to ignore me!!

Frogs are attracted to psychic mediums, was your mother clairvoyant?

jimnyc
12-25-2010, 10:38 AM
Excellent, Jim! Merry Christmas, bro.

Merry Christmas to you too, Darin, and tell Mary I said so too!

Frogs are attracted to psychic mediums, was your mother clairvoyant?

Nope, she was just a little cuckoo like her children. Not sure if she gave us the nutty gene or if we drover her to that! :laugh2:

She just always had this fascination with frogs. Hundreds of ceramic frogs around the house. Clocks. Floor mats. Pictures. Frames. She just loved them. That's why us kids thought the frog tattoo with the heart was a good way to honor and remember Mom, and always have her with us.

chloe
12-25-2010, 10:48 AM
Nope, she was just a little cuckoo like her children. Not sure if she gave us the nutty gene or if we drover her to that! :laugh2:

She just always had this fascination with frogs. Hundreds of ceramic frogs around the house. Clocks. Floor mats. Pictures. Frames. She just loved them. That's why us kids thought the frog tattoo with the heart was a good way to honor and remember Mom, and always have her with us.

maybe she just didn't tell you:laugh:

jimnyc
12-25-2010, 10:54 AM
maybe she just didn't tell you:laugh:

Then you didn't know Joanie!! (that was her name, Joan). She would NEVER hold back telling you what was on her mind, kid or no kid, taboo subject or not. She was truly one of a kind when it came to having a conversation with. She was unique!

Speaking of "unique", another thing that reminds me of her. Her favorite joke that she loved to tell everyone, and purposely told it to me over and over as I told her it was effin stupid!! LOL

How do you catch a unique rabbit?

Unique up on it!

chloe
12-25-2010, 11:04 AM
Then you didn't know Joanie!! (that was her name, Joan). She would NEVER hold back telling you what was on her mind, kid or no kid, taboo subject or not. She was truly one of a kind when it came to having a conversation with. She was unique!

Speaking of "unique", another thing that reminds me of her. Her favorite joke that she loved to tell everyone, and purposely told it to me over and over as I told her it was effin stupid!! LOL

Unique up on it!

what did she look like can I see pictures?

Kathianne
12-25-2010, 12:36 PM
Joan was one of the nicest and funniest people I ever met on the internet. She was kind and she loved her family so much. I think of her often.

Jim, this will be a hard year, but I will say the second year is too. That took me by surprise. Since then, it's gotten easier, but my mom so loved Christmas, so did my dad. I miss them.

jimnyc
12-25-2010, 06:48 PM
what did she look like can I see pictures?

I honestly don't have a lot, and definitely don't have any digital at this point. Just saw my Dad today as he is up in NJ from SC for Xmas. He has a TON of pictures from before they were even married until a few years back. He literally has hundreds and he is going to scan them all in for me. I'll pop a few classics on here once I get them. Joanie was fond of flipping anyone the bird whenever it pleased her and for any reason! LOL

Joan was one of the nicest and funniest people I ever met on the internet. She was kind and she loved her family so much. I think of her often.

Jim, this will be a hard year, but I will say the second year is too. That took me by surprise. Since then, it's gotten easier, but my mom so loved Christmas, so did my dad. I miss them.

Thanks for the kind words, Kath. :)

chloe
12-25-2010, 09:55 PM
I honestly don't have a lot, and definitely don't have any digital at this point. Just saw my Dad today as he is up in NJ from SC for Xmas. He has a TON of pictures from before they were even married until a few years back. He literally has hundreds and he is going to scan them all in for me. I'll pop a few classics on here once I get them. Joanie was fond of flipping anyone the bird whenever it pleased her and for any reason! LOL

:)

I would like to see those pictures. Could you post them in the Family Albums thread? Do you have any funny embarassing ones of your brothers as kids:rolleyes:

fj1200
12-25-2010, 10:08 PM

Unique up on it!

Sounds like some fun memories.

How do you catch a tame rabbit.

tame way.

SassyLady
12-26-2010, 04:02 AM
Nice tats!!!

My sister has her kids pics tatooed on her arms. Then her kids starting having kids .... she has eight grandkids .... but couldn't stop or one might feel left out...she told them to stop having kids because there is no "decent" place left.

I am too much of a "wuss" to have a tattoo!!!

Kathianne
12-26-2010, 02:42 PM
Nice tats!!!

My sister has her kids pics tatooed on her arms. Then her kids starting having kids .... she has eight grandkids .... but couldn't stop or one might feel left out...she told them to stop having kids because there is no "decent" place left.

I am too much of a "wuss" to have a tattoo!!!

Me too! Besides, I fear what they'd look like in a few years. It's different for Jim, no worries about that for more than 20 years! :laugh2: