PDA

View Full Version : Weather Forecast

jimnyc
12-26-2010, 08:26 AM
Looks like shoveling season starts later today! If the high end of this forecast hits it is going to suck!! That would be 18 inches if we get the worst of it.

Today: Windy conditions and morning snow showers will evolve to a steadier snow and blizzard conditions for the afternoon. High 33F. Winds NNE at 25 to 35 mph. 4 to 6 inches of snow expected. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.
Tonight: Snow along with gusty winds and blizzard conditions at times. Low near 25F. Winds NNW at 25 to 35 mph. 6 to 10 inches of snow expected. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.
Tomorrow: Windy. Snow during the morning will give way to snow showers during the afternoon. High 28F. Winds NW at 25 to 35 mph. Chance of snow 70%. Snow accumulating 1 to 2 inches. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.

red states rule
12-26-2010, 08:28 AM
Looks like shoveling season starts later today! If the high end of this forecast hits it is going to suck!! That would be 18 inches if we get the worst of it.

Today: Windy conditions and morning snow showers will evolve to a steadier snow and blizzard conditions for the afternoon. High 33F. Winds NNE at 25 to 35 mph. 4 to 6 inches of snow expected. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.
Tonight: Snow along with gusty winds and blizzard conditions at times. Low near 25F. Winds NNW at 25 to 35 mph. 6 to 10 inches of snow expected. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.
Tomorrow: Windy. Snow during the morning will give way to snow showers during the afternoon. High 28F. Winds NW at 25 to 35 mph. Chance of snow 70%. Snow accumulating 1 to 2 inches. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.

I am glad I left my GF's house when i did. We had no idea her area was going to get hit so hard

Global warming is running wild

... WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 7 AM THIS MORNING TO 1 PM EST MONDAY...

A WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 7 AM THIS MORNING TO 1 PM EST MONDAY.

* PRECIPITATION TYPE: SNOW.

* ACCUMULATIONS: SIX TO TEN INCHES.

* TIMING: BEGINNING THIS MORNING AND ENDING BY NOON MONDAY. THE GREATEST INTENSITY WILL BE FROM THIS AFTERNOON INTO TONIGHT.

* IMPACTS: TRAVEL WILL BECOME HAZARDOUS DUE TO SIGNIFICANT ACCUMULATIONS OF SNOW. BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW IS EXPECTED WITH GREATLY REDUCED VISIBILITIES AT TIMES. TRAVEL IS STRONGLY DISCOURAGED.

* WINDS: NORTHERLY WINDS INCREASING TO 20 TO 30 MPH WITH GUSTS TO AROUND 40 MPH EXPECTED.

http://www.weather.com/weather/alerts/localalerts/USPA0353:1?phenomena=WS&significance=W&areaid=PAZ055&office=KPHI&etn=0007

In my area about 5 inches is expected

darin
12-26-2010, 09:36 AM
geez...where am I going to have to move to get snow? :(

Abbey Marie
12-27-2010, 01:29 AM

Right here in Delaware, snookums. :wink2:

red states rule
12-27-2010, 03:47 AM

Not here DMP - bare ground this morning

darin
12-27-2010, 06:00 AM
Right here in Delaware, snookums. :wink2:

mmm....Delaware...

Not here DMP - bare ground this morning

Yuk. It's immoral to not-get snow once said snow is in the forecast. :(

SassyLady
12-27-2010, 06:45 PM

Not Tucson ... hottest Christmas in recent memory!!!