PDA

View Full Version : woke up early

darin
12-28-2010, 04:24 AM
about 2:30am today. Went to bed about 7:30 last night; feeling a little off since my first round of shots. If I can't find my medical records from Service, I'll have to get more. :(

Anywho - yeah - so I'm up early; probably 3 when I was conscious enough to watch Duece Bigalow on the TV. Now, have coffee brewin' all dressed and ready for work.

I left work early yesterday and stopped at Old Navy - Pretty good sale. How old am I now, when a sale excites me?

I picked up 5 work shirts, average cost was $5.50. Also two pairs of docker-type...cargo and another w/o pockets.

So - have camel-coloured khakis on bottom; light blue button-up on top; only collar and tails showing from a brown sweater keeping me warm.

My wife got a little upset when I got home; she wanted me to take her shopping - she doesn't like shopping alone. She doesn't quiet have the eye....the vision at times. I'm more-able to see something off the rack and pair it with something else; or guess how it might look. She went back to ON after I got home - but found nothing for herself.

So - yeah...that's my evening I suppose. And parts of this morning I guess. (yawn)....such a slow day at work -I bet 80% of the workforce is taking vacation this week. Easy to park - but hard to make coordinations with folk who aren't there, right? :)

red states rule
12-28-2010, 04:28 AM
about 2:30am today. Went to bed about 7:30 last night; feeling a little off since my first round of shots. If I can't find my medical records from Service, I'll have to get more. :(

Anywho - yeah - so I'm up early; probably 3 when I was conscious enough to watch Duece Bigalow on the TV. Now, have coffee brewin' all dressed and ready for work.

I left work early yesterday and stopped at Old Navy - Pretty good sale. How old am I now, when a sale excites me?

I picked up 5 work shirts, average cost was $5.50. Also two pairs of docker-type...cargo and another w/o pockets.

So - have camel-coloured khakis on bottom; light blue button-up on top; only collar and tails showing from a brown sweater keeping me warm.

My wife got a little upset when I got home; she wanted me to take her shopping - she doesn't like shopping alone. She doesn't quiet have the eye....the vision at times. I'm more-able to see something off the rack and pair it with something else; or guess how it might look. She went back to ON after I got home - but found nothing for herself.

So - yeah...that's my evening I suppose. And parts of this morning I guess. (yawn)....such a slow day at work -I bet 80% of the workforce is taking vacation this week. Easy to park - but hard to make coordinations with folk who aren't there, right? :)

Yea, alot of people are off this week. Yesterday, about 3/4 of the management and about 1/3 of the department were out

The traffic was a little lighter during the round trip to work

Hang in there Darin, and I want to thank you again for your service :salute:

darin
12-28-2010, 04:31 AM
Well...thank YOU for your tax dollars which supports my lavish lifestyle! :p Sometimes I feel like a doof; everything I've purchased, ate, or slept on was paid-for by the citizens of the nation. It's been that way for years now. In a few months, assuming everything goes well, I'll fly, for free, to the middle east for a 6 month 'vacation' - get free food, medical, housing. Now, Soldiers and Contractors work there Tax-free. I'll still be paying taxes - but should earn a lot of extra money; again, money that comes from The People. I'm appreciative.

:D
:salute:

Thinking about calling in sick. Throat feels like I'm being sorta choked at the moment. Lots of pressure just under my jaw where it connects to my neck.

red states rule
12-28-2010, 04:34 AM
Well...thank YOU for your tax dollars which supports my lavish lifestyle! :p

Thinking about calling in sick. Throat feels like I'm being sorta choked at the moment. Lots of pressure just under my jaw where it connects to my neck.

With all the OT I have been working for the last month or so - and looking at the taxes being taken out - you should at least send me a post card from the French Riviera Darin

Hope you feel better

darin
12-28-2010, 04:35 AM
I was editing while you were replying! :D

red states rule
12-28-2010, 04:38 AM
Well...thank YOU for your tax dollars which supports my lavish lifestyle! :p Sometimes I feel like a doof; everything I've purchased, ate, or slept on was paid-for by the citizens of the nation. It's been that way for years now. In a few months, assuming everything goes well, I'll fly, for free, to the middle east for a 6 month 'vacation' - get free food, medical, housing. Now, Soldiers and Contractors work there Tax-free. I'll still be paying taxes - but should earn a lot of extra money; again, money that comes from The People. I'm appreciative.

Darin you put your life on the line for us - correct?

You spent time away from your family for us - correct?

You spent time serving in shitholes around the world - correct?

You EARNED all those benefits and I for one have no problem paying for the above mentioned items given what you have done for us

Thank you again :salute:

darin
12-28-2010, 04:41 AM
well, bro - nothing I've done in Uniform gives me what I have now. However, I do accept, humbly, your thanks. I really haven't felt I've 'given' anything, however. It's just doing a job - was then, and is now. I'm way more compensated in terms of lessons-learned, life-experience, etc, than I ever 'gave'. Feels that way.

My up-coming deployment, should every t get dotted and I get crossed, is for my own personal satisfaction. The gift I get by being there, actively in the war fight - or at least in some capacity to the warfight - feeds me. :)

red states rule
12-28-2010, 04:46 AM
well, bro - nothing I've done in Uniform gives me what I have now. However, I do accept, humbly, your thanks. I really haven't felt I've 'given' anything, however. It's just doing a job - was then, and is now. I'm way more compensated in terms of lessons-learned, life-experience, etc, than I ever 'gave'. Feels that way.

My up-coming deployment, should every t get dotted and I get crossed, is for my own personal satisfaction. The gift I get by being there, actively in the war fight - or at least in some capacity to the warfight - feeds me. :)

Darin, that is what is so amazing about those who have served in the military. They do not think it was a big deal

I always thank anyone I see in uniform and they do act almost embarrassed by the thanks

You have done something very special Darin. Without you - and the others who served - none of us would have the freedoms we take for granted everyday

darin
12-28-2010, 04:52 AM
It's the others...trust me.

:P

red states rule
12-28-2010, 04:56 AM
It's the others...trust me.

:P

You are part of a very special and exceptional team Darin. You all share in my thanks and respect

darin
12-28-2010, 04:59 AM
Jeesh, bro..now i'm embarrassed. :)

red states rule
12-28-2010, 05:05 AM
Jeesh, bro..now i'm embarrassed. :)

You shouldn't be. Who would want to spend years away from their family, living in tents in shitholes around the world, ducking bombs and bullets while trying to protect innocent civilians, and wearing about 70 pounds of gear in 110 degree heat for about $600 per months?

Everyone knows you will not get rich serving in the military Darin, but there are people like you who still decide to do it and help keep America safe

OK Darin, I am of to work now and thanks to you I will not have to pass any checkpoints during the 64 mile one way drive

Hope you feel better buddy

darin
12-28-2010, 05:46 AM
well...I cleared $1500/month while on AD...back in the day...but yeah..thanks man.

Psychoblues
12-28-2010, 06:03 AM
We appreciate you, dmp, and we want you back safe and sound. Dig the cash and bennies while you can. Many contractors doing exactly what you will be doing are being paid 5 times what pittance you'll be receiving. I know, I have friends in low places over there. lolol

Keep your head down and remain totally aware of EVERYTHING around you at all times. You may be in a green zone but there ain't no such a thing as a "safe" zone over there. Did you see my comment about the 38th Task Force on the other thread?

Psychoblues

darin
12-28-2010, 06:15 AM
38th as in IN National Guard? Might have missed that.

I'll be on a base some 25-square miles in size, PB - I appreciate your comments, however am in such little danger; I'll be safer there than in downtown detroit.

Psychoblues
12-29-2010, 12:52 AM
38th as in IN National Guard? Might have missed that.

I'll be on a base some 25-square miles in size, PB - I appreciate your comments, however am in such little danger; I'll be safer there than in downtown detroit.

I understood the article as indicating that Task Force 38 as being the primary occupant and operational contingent on that base, dmp. 25 square miles for any military base of operations isn't much, dmp.

I am certain that you'll be in pretty good shape safety wise but my warning stands. STAY CONSTANTLY AND COMPLETLY AWARE.

Psychoblues