PDA

View Full Version : Rev. Deborah Lindsey - Dealing with Islamophobia

abso
12-29-2010, 01:23 AM
NTUPZDln-NY

Trigg
12-29-2010, 04:08 PM
Scharf said in a statement that the suspects had planned to force their way into the newspaper's building in Copenhagen and "kill as many people as possible."

Danish officials said the four arrested are a 44-year-old Tunisian, a 29-year-old born in Lebanon, an Iraqi asylum-seeker and a fourth man whose origin was not yet clear

http://www.voanews.com/english/news/Danish-Security-Foils-Imminent-Terror-Attack-112603439.html

I'd say people have very good reason to be wary of the "religion of peace".

Psychoblues
01-11-2011, 10:53 AM
http://www.voanews.com/english/news/Danish-Security-Foils-Imminent-Terror-Attack-112603439.html

I'd say people have very good reason to be wary of the "religion of peace".

I could be just as selective and create even more fear for Christians in general and specifically American Christians. Are you aware that we have over 200,000 troops in Muslim countries whose primary intent is to kill, maim, create as much mayhem as possible and in many cases convert to Christianity if for only personal aspirations? These countries were generally peaceful and friendly to Americans pre-American invasion. They are home to millions of muslims that now hate us and would do anything to reverse the trend and kill, maim and create all possible havoc for Americans. We had a legitimate objective in Afghanistan and it was completed in 2002. We have never had a legitimate objective in Iraq but even if you consider the deposing of Saddam Hussein as any goal there that was done in 2003. Almost 6,000 of our troops have been killed and more than 40,000 have been wounded chasing the magical and illusive islamo dragon.

Psychoblues

revelarts
01-11-2011, 05:26 PM
Abso,

Women preacher huh? Is that in the Bible?

Um Ok
I think you know, I believe most Muslims want to just live in peace like most everyone else. there's been a Mosque right next to a Christian School here in my town for over 20 years. No problem. It wasn't until 9-11 that everyone went nuts with the idea that ALL Muslims are killers. Before that few people where even paying attention or cared about what Muslims thought becuase we were all just getting along fairly well. All the Muslim problems were "over there" in the middle east and seemed to much more political than religious. But MOST Muslims here and civilians even there, sure live and let live.

But i do think that there are at least 2 other groups of Muslims,

Some Muslims that would like to, by pressure and not so subtle coercion, turn all the world to some form of Muslim laws and belief.

AND a VERY Tiny Minority of "Muslims" that hate the west (and anyone not their brand of Muslim) and would kill plenty of us if they thought they could do it or anytime they can get a chance.

Neither of those groups, it seems to me, needs to misread the Quran to come to that conclusion.
Just apply more emphasis or a bit of a more literally meaning to some parts over others.

Yes, there are portions of the Quran and Hadiths that call for peace but there seems to be portions that can easily and honestly be read to say, -Peace but Christians and Jews should be subject to Muslims-.

Others read to say that Muslims should not be friends with Christians & Jews. And still others that seem to indicate that unbelievers should be killed.

There are several more issues too but just those are enough to easily create and foster a portion of the faithful Muslim population into conflict, sometimes violent conflict , with unbelievers of all kinds.

That seems to me an honest appraisal of the reality we have.

abso
01-18-2011, 03:08 AM
Yes, there are portions of the Quran and Hadiths that call for peace but there seems to be portions that can easily and honestly be read to say, -Peace but Christians and Jews should be subject to Muslims-.

Others read to say that Muslims should not be friends with Christians & Jews. And still others that seem to indicate that unbelievers should be killed.

Thanks for your reply,

please point me to those parts that you are talking about, then see how i will explain them to you.

and nothing in Quran calls for killing unbelievers unless they are already attacking muslims, Islam has no place for aggressive war, it only permits defensive war.

abso
01-18-2011, 03:10 AM
I could be just as selective and create even more fear for Christians in general and specifically American Christians. Are you aware that we have over 200,000 troops in Muslim countries whose primary intent is to kill, maim, create as much mayhem as possible and in many cases convert to Christianity if for only personal aspirations? These countries were generally peaceful and friendly to Americans pre-American invasion. They are home to millions of muslims that now hate us and would do anything to reverse the trend and kill, maim and create all possible havoc for Americans. We had a legitimate objective in Afghanistan and it was completed in 2002. We have never had a legitimate objective in Iraq but even if you consider the deposing of Saddam Hussein as any goal there that was done in 2003. Almost 6,000 of our troops have been killed and more than 40,000 have been wounded chasing the magical and illusive islamo dragon.

Psychoblues

Thanks...

LuvRPgrl
04-10-2011, 01:00 AM
Thanks for your reply,

please point me to those parts that you are talking about, then see how i will explain them to you.

and nothing in Quran calls for killing unbelievers unless they are already attacking muslims, Islam has no place for aggressive war, it only permits defensive war.

People keep on saying that, then muslims call for Jihad....hmmmm

LuvRPgrl
04-10-2011, 01:01 AM
There is not one single word of truth or accuracy in your post.
You are a LIAR,and a bad one at that.

Psychoblues