PDA

View Full Version : Temporary cage rules

jimnyc
05-06-2007, 07:56 AM
If I did things correctly, no new threads are allowed to be started in this forum. Should a thread get moved here, everyone is allowed to reply, and the same goes for threads already here. It's just new threads that are affected.

If staff deems a thread 'too' personal against another member, it will be locked. If a thread is bitching about staff decisions, it will be locked.

Again, a reminder, this section was created as a place to move threads to that ran their course and turned into pissing matches. I don't mind the venting aka blowing off steam, but things have gotten out of hand lately.

When things return to normal and the feuding remains in political debates, I'll return this forum to it's original state.

jimnyc
05-06-2007, 08:05 AM
I've also locked what I think are a few inappropriate threads that no longer serve a purpose.

nevadamedic
05-13-2007, 01:36 PM
So if someone has a complaint on what a staff member did they can't say anything about it or it gets locked? Wow I didn't know a website could violate someone's 1st Amendment right to free speech. Interesting.

Hobbit
05-13-2007, 01:46 PM
So if someone has a complaint on what a staff member did they can't say anything about it or it gets locked? Wow I didn't know a website could violate someone's 1st Amendment right to free speech. Interesting.

First off, the 1st ammendment pertains only to what the government may limit. This site is Jim's property, not the government's, and he can limit speech here in any way he wants. He'll just lose a lot of members if it gets too restricted, because just as he has a right to limit what is published on his web site, we have to right to not participate.

Second, you may complain about the mods, but only in private messages. Airing out grievances in a public thread is tasteless and brings too much drama to the board, as every member chimes in and takes sides. It's just really messy. If you have a problem, discuss it in private. As long as you're mature about it, they'll try to resolve the matter.

jimnyc
05-13-2007, 02:01 PM

That's correct, we don't want the board filled up with any more chaos then there needs to be. And that has absolutely NOTHING to do with the 1st amendment.

Fyi - We also don't allow members to join and advertise their own sites. Imagine that? So please refrain from dropping your links in your posts.