PDA

View Full Version : Egyptian or Al Queda Extremists Kill At Least 21 Christians

Kathianne
01-01-2011, 05:55 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110101/ap_on_re_mi_ea/ml_egypt_church_attack

Bomb hits Egypt church at New Year's Mass, 21 dead
BY MAGGIE MICHAEL, Associated Press Maggie Michael, Associated Press 42 mins ago

ALEXANDRIA, Egypt – A powerful bomb exploded in front of a crowded Coptic Christian church a half hour into the New Year early Saturday, hitting worshippers emerging from a holiday Mass in the Egyptian city of Alexandria and killing at least 21 people in an attack that raised suspicions of an al-Qaida role.

Police initially said the blast came from an explosives-packed car parked outside the Saints Church. But the Interior Ministry later said it was more likely from a suicide bomber on foot.

Both tactics are hallmarks of al-Qaida militants, and the blast comes as the terror network's branch in Iraq has waged a campaign of violence against that country's Christian community and raised the threat of similar attacks in Egypt.

If al-Qaida had a direct role, however, it could be a startling development in Egypt, where the government of President Hosni Mubarak has persistently denied that the terror network has a significant presence on the ground. Egypt does have a rising movement of Islamic hard-liners who, while they do not advocate violence, adhere to an ideology similar in other ways to al-Qaida, and there have been fears they could be further radicalized amid growing sectarian tensions in Egypt...

I'm sorry for the worshippers. I'm also sorry that this brought to mind this thread from just about a month ago:

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?29983-quot-Religious-Tolerance-quot-in-EGYPT&p=452548&highlight=Egypt+coptic+christians#post452548

Abso, I'm sorry too that it just seems that you are ignoring what seems to be happening in your own country. The above AP story, not a dp thread, seems to just reinforce what the world is hearing about some in your country.

abso
01-01-2011, 06:54 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110101/ap_on_re_mi_ea/ml_egypt_church_attack

I'm sorry for the worshippers. I'm also sorry that this brought to mind this thread from just about a month ago:

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?29983-quot-Religious-Tolerance-quot-in-EGYPT&p=452548&highlight=Egypt+coptic+christians#post452548

Abso, I'm sorry too that it just seems that you are ignoring what seems to be happening in your own country. The above AP story, not a dp thread, seems to just reinforce what the world is hearing about some in your country.

what does a terrorist operation have to do with what you believe to be hatred among egyptiand muslims towards christians ???

such operations are rare, and they dont usualy occur at christian places, they usualy target Tourist places.

believer me when i say that some people are being persecuted in Egypt, then they are muslims themselfs, anyone who seem to be religious too much, is arrested even if he never did anything wrong, i have a friend, who likes going to religious lessons and praying in mosque, he was questioned by the state security just because he attends those lessons although they have nothing to do at all with violence or terrorism.

muslims are held and thrown in prison with no charge for any amount of time, thats what the martial law allows the police to do, but no christian is ever detained without charge, many muslims spend more than 2 or 3 years in prisons with no charge.

jimnyc
01-01-2011, 08:36 AM
Persecution against Christians in Egypt is alive and well, and has been for a long time.
---------------

While the Egyptian government does not have a policy to persecute Christians, it discriminates against them and hampers their freedom of worship. Its agencies sporadically persecute Muslim converts to Christianity.[136] The government enforces Hamayouni Decree restrictions on building or repairing churches. These same restrictions, however, do not apply to mosques.[136]

The government has effectively restricted Christians from senior government, diplomatic, military, and educational positions, and there has been increasing discrimination in the private sector.[136][137] The government subsidizes media which attack Christianity and restricts Christians access to the state-controlled media.[136]

In Egypt the government does not officially recognize conversions from Islam to Christianity; because certain interfaith marriages are not allowed either, this prevents marriages between converts to Christianity and those born in Christian communities, and also results in the children of Christian converts being classified as Muslims and given a Muslim education.[136] The government also applies religiously discriminatory laws and practices concerning clergy salaries.[136]

Foreign missionaries are allowed in the country only if they restrict their activities to social improvements and refrain from proselytizing. The Coptic Pope Shenouda III was internally exiled in 1981 by President Anwar Sadat, who then chose five Coptic bishops and asked them to choose a new pope. They refused, and in 1985 President Hosni Mubarak restored Pope Shenouda III, who had been accused of fomenting interconfessional strife. Particularly in Upper Egypt, the rise in extremist Islamist groups such as the Gama'at Islamiya during the 1980s was accompanied by attacks on Copts and on Coptic churches; these have since declined with the decline of those organizations, but still continue. The police have been accused of siding with the attackers in some of these cases.[138]

And more...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Christians#Egypt

And more...

http://www.persecution.org/category/countries/africa/egypt/

Kathianne
01-01-2011, 09:14 AM
what does a terrorist operation have to do with what you believe to be hatred among egyptiand muslims towards christians ???

such operations are rare, and they dont usualy occur at christian places, they usualy target Tourist places.

believer me when i say that some people are being persecuted in Egypt, then they are muslims themselfs, anyone who seem to be religious too much, is arrested even if he never did anything wrong, i have a friend, who likes going to religious lessons and praying in mosque, he was questioned by the state security just because he attends those lessons although they have nothing to do at all with violence or terrorism.

muslims are held and thrown in prison with no charge for any amount of time, thats what the martial law allows the police to do, but no christian is ever detained without charge, many muslims spend more than 2 or 3 years in prisons with no charge.

Sir, read the bolded. I made no comment about hatred. 'Some in your country...' isn't what you claim I said.

Noir
01-04-2011, 01:18 PM
*shakes fist in anger*

Why those pesky Muslims, after all the good PR work I've dome for them they go and do this!

jimnyc
01-05-2011, 09:47 AM
*shakes fist in anger*

Why those pesky Muslims, after all the good PR work I've dome for them they go and do this!

I'm glad you found it in your time to make light of the deaths of Christians in Egypt. Funny how you become so serious when trying to dissect the Bible, but deaths against Egyptian Christians is where we lighten up and give one another high fives!!

Noir
01-05-2011, 11:02 AM
I'm glad you found it in your time to make light of the deaths of Christians in Egypt. Funny how you become so serious when trying to dissect the Bible, but deaths against Egyptian Christians is where we lighten up and give one another high fives!!

The post was an ironic parody of the response expected by the caricature that you painted of me in another thread, if you can't see the obvious sarcasm you need to start taking me less seriously.

jimnyc
01-05-2011, 11:11 AM
The post was an ironic parody of the response expected by the caricature that you painted of me in another thread, if you can't see the obvious sarcasm you need to start taking me less seriously.

And yet you can't fathom a response to a religion who just murdered people, "because you haven't had time", but found the time to reply in jest and always find time to rip apart the bible and church.

Noir
01-05-2011, 12:04 PM
And yet you can't fathom a response to a religion who just murdered people, "because you haven't had time", but found the time to reply in jest and always find time to rip apart the bible and church.

Nopes, i have plently of time today ^__^ but i thought i'd try and you know, have a bit of fun, how foolish of me, i'll know better in future >,>

:3

jimnyc
01-09-2011, 09:15 AM
Persecution against Christians in Egypt is alive and well, and has been for a long time.
---------------

While the Egyptian government does not have a policy to persecute Christians, it discriminates against them and hampers their freedom of worship. Its agencies sporadically persecute Muslim converts to Christianity.[136] The government enforces Hamayouni Decree restrictions on building or repairing churches. These same restrictions, however, do not apply to mosques.[136]

The government has effectively restricted Christians from senior government, diplomatic, military, and educational positions, and there has been increasing discrimination in the private sector.[136][137] The government subsidizes media which attack Christianity and restricts Christians access to the state-controlled media.[136]

In Egypt the government does not officially recognize conversions from Islam to Christianity; because certain interfaith marriages are not allowed either, this prevents marriages between converts to Christianity and those born in Christian communities, and also results in the children of Christian converts being classified as Muslims and given a Muslim education.[136] The government also applies religiously discriminatory laws and practices concerning clergy salaries.[136]

Foreign missionaries are allowed in the country only if they restrict their activities to social improvements and refrain from proselytizing. The Coptic Pope Shenouda III was internally exiled in 1981 by President Anwar Sadat, who then chose five Coptic bishops and asked them to choose a new pope. They refused, and in 1985 President Hosni Mubarak restored Pope Shenouda III, who had been accused of fomenting interconfessional strife. Particularly in Upper Egypt, the rise in extremist Islamist groups such as the Gama'at Islamiya during the 1980s was accompanied by attacks on Copts and on Coptic churches; these have since declined with the decline of those organizations, but still continue. The police have been accused of siding with the attackers in some of these cases.[138]

And more...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Christians#Egypt

And more...

http://www.persecution.org/category/countries/africa/egypt/

Here's where I already posted about this, abso. I guess being the article was only about muslims killing again, you somehow didn't find time to read my post.

Nukeman
01-09-2011, 12:47 PM
Here's where I already posted about this, abso. I guess being the article was only about muslims killing again, you somehow didn't find time to read my post.

Not only killing but continued into desecrating the strewn body parts and channting Allah akbar to the Christians that survived... Ohh but wait those were the peace loving Muslims across the street in their mosque that don't believe in this type of behavior!!!!

abso
01-09-2011, 04:37 PM
Not only killing but continued into desecrating the strewn body parts and channting Allah akbar to the Christians that survived... Ohh but wait those were the peace loving Muslims across the street in their mosque that don't believe in this type of behavior!!!!

Since that never happened, care to explain how did you get that wrong info ?,

it really amazes me how you people believe everything you read in the newspapers when it suits your feelings, you actually believe that everyone on the street were happy and channted Allah akbar because 21 human died.

use you common sense a little, think about what you read, almost everything you read nowdays is didicated to make people like you hate muslims and arabs and it demonizes them.

jimnyc
01-09-2011, 04:54 PM
Since that never happened, care to explain how did you get that wrong info ?,

it really amazes me how you people believe everything you read in the newspapers when it suits your feelings, you actually believe that everyone on the street were happy and channted Allah akbar because 21 human died.

use you common sense a little, think about what you read, almost everything you read nowdays is didicated to make people like you hate muslims and arabs and it demonizes them.

Never happened?

(AINA) -- The car explosion that went off in front of Saints Coptic Orthodox Church in Alexandria killed 21 and injured 96 parishioners who were attending a New Year's Eve Mass. According to church officials and eyewitnesses, there are many more victims that are still unidentified and whose body parts were strewn all over the street outside the church. The body parts were covered with newspapers until they were brought inside the church after some Muslims started stepping on them and chanting Jihadi chants (video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4whNbsH3h8&feature=player_embedded) showing dead bodies and limbs covered with newspapers in the street).

http://www.aina.org/news/20110101232613.htm

jimnyc
01-09-2011, 05:02 PM
No pictures of body parts or anything in this picture, but here's the car burning right afterward and someone yelling allah akbar.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/crykxt6A-zQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/crykxt6A-zQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Noir
01-09-2011, 05:10 PM
No pictures of body parts or anything in this picture, but here's the car burning right afterward and someone yelling allah akbar.

I think you'll find they're shouting Admiral Ackbar. Bloody rebel alliance.

abso
01-10-2011, 12:28 AM
Never happened?

(AINA) -- The car explosion that went off in front of Saints Coptic Orthodox Church in Alexandria killed 21 and injured 96 parishioners who were attending a New Year's Eve Mass. According to church officials and eyewitnesses, there are many more victims that are still unidentified and whose body parts were strewn all over the street outside the church. The body parts were covered with newspapers until they were brought inside the church after some Muslims started stepping on them and chanting Jihadi chants (video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4whNbsH3h8&feature=player_embedded) showing dead bodies and limbs covered with newspapers in the street).

http://www.aina.org/news/20110101232613.htm

newspapers is the only fast solution they had to cover the dead bodies, and christians themselfs covered the bodies not muslims by the way, bodies were covered by newspapers and bed sheets given to them by the people who live beside the church, and no muslim have steppped on any body, why do you assume thats true just because you read it !!!

how is covering the bodies with newpapers insulting at all !!!, and even if it is insulting, the christians are the ones who covered them with newspapers, they were there as you know.

covering dead bodies in egypt with newspapers is common, because its whats available at the site with anyone passing through, till the ambulance come and take the dead bodies, or do you think that people walk in the street with huge plastic bags for dead bodies ????

jimnyc
01-10-2011, 08:37 AM
newspapers is the only fast solution they had to cover the dead bodies, and christians themselfs covered the bodies not muslims by the way, bodies were covered by newspapers and bed sheets given to them by the people who live beside the church, and no muslim have steppped on any body, why do you assume thats true just because you read it !!!

how is covering the bodies with newpapers insulting at all !!!, and even if it is insulting, the christians are the ones who covered them with newspapers, they were there as you know.

covering dead bodies in egypt with newspapers is common, because its whats available at the site with anyone passing through, till the ambulance come and take the dead bodies, or do you think that people walk in the street with huge plastic bags for dead bodies ????

Nobody cares WHO covered the body parts with newspaper or sheets... We're talking about the filthy cockroaches who would step on those parts and chant as if it were some sort of victory. THEY are the ones who deserve to be dead.

jimnyc
01-10-2011, 09:02 AM
and no muslim have steppped on any body, why do you assume thats true just because you read it !!!

Were you there to dispute eyewitness reports?

abso
01-10-2011, 09:24 AM
Were you there to dispute eyewitness reports?

nope but my unlce was there.

jimnyc
01-10-2011, 09:34 AM
nope but my unlce was there.

Too bad even your uncle can't dispute video showing these cockraches yelling allah akbar after a car bomb goes off. Nor can he dispute the many reports of locals chanting as they stomp on body parts.

sick fucks.

abso
01-10-2011, 09:41 AM
Too bad even your uncle can't dispute video showing these cockraches yelling allah akbar after a car bomb goes off. Nor can he dispute the many reports of locals chanting as they stomp on body parts.

sick fucks.

again i say that none stomped on any body parts, and channting Allah Akbar doesnt mean that they are happy about it, we say that when we are sad or happy, it doesnt prove at all the they are happy about the bombing.

the video shows bodies covered, thats how we show respect to the dead, by covering their bodies with anything available to us at the time, newspapers or bed sheets ot anything we find, but you have no proof at all for what you claim about muslims stomping on the bodies of the dead people.

you may believe the wrong reports that aims to encouraging your hate towards muslims, or you may believe my word when i say that none stomped on the bodies, its your choice.

Off to study....... see you later.

jimnyc
01-10-2011, 09:46 AM
Why the fuck would I believe someone who wasn't there over official news reports? Furthermore, you deny EVERY muslim atrocity until I shove it down your throat with proof, then you just make excuses for the cockroaches who perform their evil deeds.

I've seen HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS of videos over the years of muslims sawing off peoples heads, arms, tongues - saw them planting bombs, blowing themselves up, beating women... And you want me to believe its too far fetched that they would step on an already dead body? LOL

Sorry, I've seen enough proof over the years to know for a fact that muslims have no shame when it comes to killing or disrespecting the bodies of others.

Was your uncle there as well to dispute the fact that Egypt has a HUGE inordinate amount of women being abused?