PDA

View Full Version : If this happens, it will prove our president is stupid - Daley for Commerce Cec??

darin
01-03-2011, 08:32 PM
HOLY CRAP. This would send a signal to America the president is COMMITTED to destroying the nation further. It would show our president is as big of a fool as some think he is. Holy GOD...(sigh)
Daley is perhaps the WORST threat to freedom in american politics.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-01-03/obama-said-to-consider-william-daley-for-top-white-house-post.html

President Barack Obama is considering naming William Daley, a JPMorgan Chase & Co. executive and former U.S. Commerce secretary, to a high-level White House post, possibly as his chief of staff, people familiar with the matter said.

Such a move, which is still under discussion and which White House officials wouldn’t confirm, would bring a Washington veteran -- and someone with strong business ties -- into the administration as Obama enters the second half of his term. The president is faced with a Republican majority in the House of Representatives and is trying to accelerate the U.S. economic recovery while addressing the budget deficit.

Daley, 62, who typically responds to questions, didn’t return two messages seeking comment left on his cell phone yesterday or a phone call to his office and an e-mail sent to him today. White House officials declined to discuss the matter.

“I’m not going to comment on personnel speculation,” White House spokesman Robert Gibbs said in an e-mail.

darin
01-04-2011, 06:02 AM
I over-reacted - this daley is the brother. Okay. Still.

Kathianne
01-04-2011, 07:16 AM
I over-reacted - this daley is the brother. Okay. Still.

People don't know that much about Bill Daley, but he's been in the background of Democrat politics for a long time. It was he that was able to get Gore to rescind his concession:

http://articles.sfgate.com/2000-11-08/news/17666026_1_al-gore-gore-victories-nashville-gore

NECK AND NECK / Gore concedes to Bush, then reverses himself as Florida race tightens up
November 08, 2000|By Marc Sandalow, Washington Bureau Chief

With the Tennessee State Capitol building in the background, Gore supporters Barbara Quinn, Terry Rainey and Samantha Rainey watch election returns on television in Nashville. Chronicle photo by Michael Macor

In the most bizarre end to a presidential election in modern history, a cliff-hanger in Florida left the outcome in limbo last night, as George W. Bush and Al Gore remained locked in an excruciatingly tight electoral battle.

The race was so close that after 2 a.m. in Nashville, Gore phoned Bush to concede the election after the networks called Bush the winner. Within 45 minutes, the vice president phoned Bush back to retract his concession.

A dejected crowd of thousands waiting for Gore's concession speech in Nashville early this morning instead heard Gore campaign chair Bill Daley declare: "Our campaign continues!"

Bush spokeswoman Karen Hughes told reporters that Gore "called an hour ago to concede. He just called us back to retract that concession. It's unbelievable."

Palin Rider
01-04-2011, 04:02 PM
People don't know that much about Bill Daley, but he's been in the background of Democrat politics for a long time. It was he that was able to get Gore to rescind his concession:

http://articles.sfgate.com/2000-11-08/news/17666026_1_al-gore-gore-victories-nashville-gore

Typical of you, Kath: "Let FOX call the election; never mind about the actual vote count!"

Nukeman
01-04-2011, 04:39 PM
Typical of you to be an ass about the source.

Here is a timeline of everything that happened during the Bush/Gore debacle in FL

You will note that if you read ALL of it there are issues with both sides trying to suppress votes, you may also note that the vast majority of votes attempted to be suppresses are by Gore et all. He attempted to nullify almost all overseas votes which are mostly military and vote predominately republican/conservative...

http://www.uselectionatlas.org/INFORMATION/ARTICLES/pe2000timeline.php

I was going to post a lot from the timeline but you would just accuse me of cheery picking my info, SO READ IT.....

Or just keep on making smarmy remarks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Palin Rider
01-04-2011, 04:47 PM
Typical of you to be an ass about the source.

Here is a timeline of everything that happened during the Bush/Gore debacle in FL

You will note that if you read ALL of it there are issues with both sides trying to suppress votes, you may also note that the vast majority of votes attempted to be suppresses are by Gore et all. He attempted to nullify almost all overseas votes which are mostly military and vote predominately republican/conservative...

http://www.uselectionatlas.org/INFORMATION/ARTICLES/pe2000timeline.php

I was going to post a lot from the timeline but you would just accuse me of cheery picking my info, SO READ IT.....

Or just keep on making smarmy remarks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Which of the two will get your head to explode sooner?

Nukeman
01-04-2011, 06:47 PM
Which of the two will get your head to explode sooner?

Actually neither!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just because I feel your an ass to most doesn't mean my blood pressure is up... YOU couldn't get my blood to boil if you wanted to.

Kathianne
01-05-2011, 12:09 AM
He was brought in when Royko died, he's no Royko, but he's good:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/ct-met-kass-0105-20110105,0,5231348,full.column

Kass: Billy Daley as Obama's chief of staff? I love it, love it, love it

John Kass

January 5, 2011
Advertisement

A reader wise in the Chicago Way called to welcome me back from Christmas vacation and asked me about the big Bill Daley news.

"Bill Daley as Obama's chief of staff?" said the guy. "You've got to be kidding me. You've got to hate it."

No, actually, I don't hate it.

I love it. Love it, love it, love it.

William Daley being considered as President Barack Obama's chief of staff — even if Billy floated the trial balloon himself — is fantastic news.

The national political experts are prattling on and on about Billy, saying that as an investment banker and "pragmatist," he'll bring Obama back to the political center.

Right now, Obama sits somewhere to the left of the late George McGovern, but he'll need to become a certified centrist again when he runs for re-election in 2012.

From where I'm sitting, Billy going to the Obama White House is much better than the alternative. He's a big-shot banker at JPMorgan Chase, and the bank is a major creditor in the Tribune Co. bankruptcy.

Once this newspaper emerges from bankruptcy, Daley's bank will be a major stockholder. And the last thing I need is Billy moving into a posh Tribune Tower office and sending me pithy e-mails like this one:

"John, how do you like your new assignment covering the City Council in Goose Bay, Labrador? Is it really, really cold up over by dere? Next stop, Greenland! :-) Just don't let them tell you there's no political machine in Northern Canada. Stay warm, 'The Goose Bay Way.' LOL. Keep it real, Bill."

Clearly, Bill needs another vocation, and I'm all for him running the White House. I'm almost as excited as I was a few years ago, when Obama selected another Daley machine guy, Rahm Emanuel, to become his first chief of staff.

Before the Rahmfather was tapped by Obama, there was far too much emotional oozing from the media. The media was so enraptured about Obama's promise to "transcend the broken politics of the past," that they forgot he was a Chicago politician. Instead, they wiggled like excited puppies and left many wet spots on the carpet.

The Emanuel appointment was the first honest indicator that the Obama White House had a new Washington address:

1600 Chicago Way.

And a Daley appointment will punctuate that. For all the blah-blah-blah about Billy Daley bringing Obama to the center, there's one thing the analysts forget...

Trigg
01-07-2011, 07:57 PM
Wm Daley's brother ran Chicago. Big brother steps down, which allows Rahm to run for Mayor.

Now, Obama picks Wm Daley for a high staff office.

Chicago politics as it's finest, you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours.

Palin Rider
01-09-2011, 02:52 PM
Actually neither!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just because I feel your an ass to most doesn't mean my blood pressure is up... YOU couldn't get my blood to boil if you wanted to.

Then why use exclamation points like toilet paper?

Nukeman
01-09-2011, 03:58 PM
Then why use exclamation points like toilet paper?

Because when talking to a piece of shit like you I should try to get it all wiped off, now shouldn't I!!!!!!!!

Didn't know there was a limit on the number of exclamation points I could use to make my point!!