PDA

View Full Version : Muslim KFC Employee Curses At Customer Over Bacon Request

red states rule
01-06-2011, 04:41 AM
These idiots are spreading their hate all around the world. What really shocks me is this slimeball was not fired but only suspended

Go figure

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/io_HLVYN37s&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/io_HLVYN37s&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

A worker at a KFC restaurant in Sydney has been suspended after he was filmed screaming vicious insults and threatening to attack a customer.

The violent outburst happened at a Halal-friendly KFC in Punchbowl on December 26, allegedly after a customer became angry after being refused bacon on their burger.

The Punchbowl restaurant does not serve bacon or pork in accordance with Islamic law, and one employee can be heard saying "we don't have bacon" before the other begins yelling.

"Don't record me bitch!" he screams as he approaches the counter. "Don't f---ing record me!"

The employee continues to yell and smacks the cash register display on its side, before other workers grab him and lead him outside.

"I'm gonna f---in break your head bro," he says to the person filming as he is led around the corner out of sight.

A spokesman for KFC Australia told ninemsn the employee had been suspended over the incident and offered counselling

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/8192344/kfc-employee-screams-insults-at-customer

Monkeybone
01-06-2011, 08:31 AM
yah crappy that he did that, but whoever took the video... it seems like to me that he did that on purpose and to aggitate.

namvet
01-06-2011, 08:58 AM
These idiots are spreading their hate all around the world. What really shocks me is this slimeball was not fired but only suspended

Go figure

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/io_HLVYN37s&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/io_HLVYN37s&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

throw this over the counter and clear the joint out :laugh:

http://s260141834.onlinehome.us/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/picture-056.png

trobinett
01-06-2011, 12:32 PM
the employee had been suspended over the incident and offered counseling

:salute::2up::salute:

Wearing bacon around my neck is part of my religion, and its my right as an American to eat anywhere I want. AND, if I want bacon on my Big Mac, then by God THATS what I want.

Wonder what the little shit thinks about Salami?

Wonder if they offer Goat, Kosher?

God, I kill myself .:slap:

Noir
01-06-2011, 02:16 PM
I don't think we are getting the whole story TBH, the guy in the foreground is explaining (seemingly calmly) thatvthey don't do bacon. Then suddenly the guy in the red turns around and starts shouting (from what I can hear) "Don't goad me bitch, don't fucking goad me..." presumably there was some goading that took place before the video starts. And we have no idea what was said.

That being said, they guy clearly acted appallingly and suspension seems reasonable.

As for the no bacon policy, fair enough, it's a private business. No one has the 'right' to be able to order bacon in a shop.

fj1200
01-06-2011, 02:19 PM
Who goes into a Halal friendly KFC and orders bacon? Who films themselves ordering at a fast-food restaurant?

jimnyc
01-06-2011, 05:07 PM
I don't think we are getting the whole story TBH, the guy in the foreground is explaining (seemingly calmly) thatvthey don't do bacon. Then suddenly the guy in the red turns around and starts shouting (from what I can hear) "Don't goad me bitch, don't fucking goad me..." presumably there was some goading that took place before the video starts. And we have no idea what was said.

Actually, from the story, he was saying "Don't record me bitch!"

Noir
01-06-2011, 06:18 PM
Actually, from the story, he was saying "Don't record me bitch!"

Fair enough, all the same, we don't have the whole story in that video.

fj1200
01-06-2011, 09:55 PM
Fair enough, all the same, we don't have the whole story in that video.

I wouldn't be surprised if they cut the part where she was goading him. ;)

chloe
01-06-2011, 10:24 PM
KFC has the best coleslaw !!!:laugh:

red states rule
01-07-2011, 03:04 AM
KFC has the best coleslaw !!!:laugh:

There biscuots are out of this world also

red states rule
01-07-2011, 03:08 AM

That being said, they guy clearly acted appallingly and suspension seems reasonable.

As for the no bacon policy, fair enough, it's a private business. No one has the 'right' to be able to order bacon in a shop.

Seems to me TERMINATION OF EMPLOYMENT seems reasonable. Any customer service rep who screams and curses at a customer like that should be fired on the spot

It also shows a serious temper problem and I would not like to be working next to someone with such a short fuse who goes off like he did in the video over NOTHING

Noir
01-07-2011, 06:55 AM
Seems to me TERMINATION OF EMPLOYMENT seems reasonable. Any customer service rep who screams and curses at a customer like that should be fired on the spot

It also shows a serious temper problem and I would not like to be working next to someone with such a short fuse who goes off like he did in the video over NOTHING

Okay, since you know, please enlighten us as to what was said before the video starred rolling.

jimnyc
01-07-2011, 07:38 AM
Okay, since you know, please enlighten us as to what was said before the video starred rolling.

I've worked in many customer service roles over the years... NOTHING that was stated or done earlier would have saved my job if I acted like that. Maybe something did happen before the camera started rolling, but that type of action is almost a terminable offense in any customer oriented position.

That's the 1st rule you learn - the customer is always right

2nd rule - don't do anything that makes the business look bad, whether you are right or wrong

Noir
01-07-2011, 08:55 AM
I've worked in many customer service roles over the years... NOTHING that was stated or done earlier would have saved my job if I acted like that. Maybe something did happen before the camera started rolling, but that type of action is almost a terminable offense in any customer oriented position.

That's the 1st rule you learn - the customer is always right

2nd rule - don't do anything that makes the business look bad, whether you are right or wrong

I'm working in customer service right now, lol, and I'm sure you know as we'll as I do that rule one is a lie. The customer is almost always wrong, you just have to pretend they are right. Most times.

It is as clear as an an unmudded lake that something happened before the film. And we all know what people, esspecialy Muslims, can get like when you start mocking their imaginary friends. That does not make what he did right, but certainly does make it unsurprising.

Given the lack of knowlege of what happened before the video, I still say suspension sounds fair.

SassyLady
01-07-2011, 09:03 AM
I'm working in customer service right now, lol, and I'm sure you know as we'll as I do that rule one is a lie. The customer is almost always wrong, you just have to pretend they are right. Most times.

It is as clear as an an unmudded lake that something happened before the film. And we all know what people, esspecialy Muslims, can get like when you start mocking their imaginary friends. That does not make what he did right, but certainly does make it unsurprising.

Given the lack of knowlege of what happened before the video, I still say suspension sounds fair.

So, Noir, if you were a customer that witnessed all this ... and let's say the customer did say/do something prior to the employee acting up, what would you think if you saw that same employee working there the next time you came in?

Do you really think you'd be comfortable knowing that something could set this guy off ... causing him to become violent like that?

As his employer I would fire him for the simple fact that he destroyed company property in a fit of rage....regardless of whether he was provoked or not. An employee may have a verbal battle with a customer, but to destroy company property in inappropriate and unacceptable and repair/replacement costs would be taken out of the final paycheck.

Being offended is no excuse for destruction of someone's property.

jimnyc
01-07-2011, 09:04 AM

Oh, without a doubt the customer is generally a shithead. And it also wouldn't surprise me that something happened before the camera started rolling.

But regardless, I do disagree on the punishment. If you cannot walk away from friction and choose to react in that manner instead, then you shouldn't be dealing on the front line with customers. 90%+ of businesses would have shown the guy the door for acting out in such a manner. Don't forget, he also threatened the customer with bodily harm - which is a crime in itself (at least here in the US). Being it was a "halal friendly" shop, I imagine the entire store is muslim and that's why he kept his job. But it's their business and it's their decision on how to deal with their employees.

But let me ask you this... you state you work in customer service, which capacity I don't know... and while we agree we don't know what took place before the video started...

What would YOUR employer do if you cursed at a customer so loudly, and threatened a customer with harm - all within eyes/ears of other customers and the public?

jimnyc
01-07-2011, 09:06 AM
So, Noir, if you were a customer that witnessed all this ... and let's say the customer did say/do something prior to the employee acting up, what would you think if you saw that same employee working there the next time you came in?

Do you really think you'd be comfortable knowing that something could set this guy off ... causing him to become violent like that?

As his employer I would fire him for the simple fact that he destroyed company property in a fit of rage....regardless of whether he was provoked or not. An employee may have a verbal battle with a customer, but to destroy company property in inappropriate and unacceptable and repair/replacement costs would be taken out of the final paycheck.

That's another part I left out...

So we have:

1) Abusive language
2) Threatening customer
3) Destruction of property

Regardless of what started it, this guy would be out of a job in almost any other setting.

SassyLady
01-07-2011, 09:07 AM
That's another part I left out...

So we have:

1) Abusive language
2) Threatening customer
3) Destruction of property

Regardless of what started it, this guy would be out of a job in almost any other setting.

If this guy ever did go off on another customer and hurt them, KFC owner would be held liable for knowing he could be violent and keeping him on the payroll anyway. He's a lawsuit just waiting to happen.

Noir
01-07-2011, 09:26 AM

If I was a customer who wittnessed the whole thing I could judge, if I walked in half way through (which is basically what happens when you watch this video) I wouldn't be so quick to judge until someone told me the full story.

As for the property, that comes down to the owner, if he's happy to not fire him over the damage then so am I.

Noir
01-07-2011, 09:55 AM
Oh, without a doubt the customer is generally a shithead. And it also wouldn't surprise me that something happened before the camera started rolling.

But regardless, I do disagree on the punishment. If you cannot walk away from friction and choose to react in that manner instead, then you shouldn't be dealing on the front line with customers. 90%+ of businesses would have shown the guy the door for acting out in such a manner. Don't forget, he also threatened the customer with bodily harm - which is a crime in itself (at least here in the US). Being it was a "halal friendly" shop, I imagine the entire store is muslim and that's why he kept his job. But it's their business and it's their decision on how to deal with their employees.

But let me ask you this... you state you work in customer service, which capacity I don't know... and while we agree we don't know what took place before the video started...

What would YOUR employer do if you cursed at a customer so loudly, and threatened a customer with harm - all within eyes/ears of other customers and the public?

I work in a Fish and Chip shop, not much unlike the KFC bloke in the OP, and I can tell you exactly what my boss would do, because I've been on with her on nights when I have had to swear loudly at customers. She'd take it within the context of the situation. And indeed only the other night (I think it was monday, possibly Tuesday) I ended up in a stand off in work with five tosers (not the smartest thing I've ever done, and only by the grace of good luck did I not get my ass kicked xD ) now allot of that is probably down to just being in Northern Ireland, there are allot of young men that join small para-groups and then think they are a law unto themselves. But like I said, *everything* has to be taken with context, and we have no idea what happened before that video to give us context.

Gaffer
01-07-2011, 09:58 AM
They don't serve pork at kaffer fried chicken.

Noir you just missed the part where the guy said," hey, turn your phone on and catch this, I'm going to agitate this guy."

red states rule
01-08-2011, 10:05 AM

I never said I knew "the whole story"

What is clear, any customer service rep who goes after a customer like that should be fired on the spot

I am not surprised ovr your defense of theis guy. You being a liberal would naturally rise to the defense of a Muslim - regardless of his actions

I spent YEARS of the phone dealing with morons, idiots, and pinheads on a dailt basis. I NEVER raised my voice, was always respectful, and took many insults from people with an IQ below room temp

But in your world Noir, the Mulism MUST have been baited, so therefore any reaction of his part is justified. This was setup of a member of a protected class and his meltdown needs to be ignored

Noir
01-08-2011, 10:12 AM
I never said I knew "the whole story"

What is clear, any customer service rep who goes after a customer like that should be fired on the spot

I am not surprised ovr your defense of theis guy. You being a liberal would naturally rise to the defense of a Muslim - regardless of his actions

I spent YEARS of the phone dealing with morons, idiots, and pinheads on a dailt basis. I NEVER raised my voice, was always respectful, and took many insults from people with an IQ below room temp

But in your world Noir, the Mulism MUST have been baited, so therefore any reaction of his part is justified. This was setup of a member of a protected class and his meltdown needs to be ignored

Okay, so like I said to begin with, we arent getting the full story.

And bugger me sideways, I was honestly pleasantly surprised that no one had started spouting nonsense about me protecting him because he's Muslim, trust you to go and feth that up. When all I've been saying is we don't know the full story >,>

red states rule
01-08-2011, 10:16 AM
Okay, so like I said to begin with, we arent getting the full story.

And bugger me sideways, I was honestly pleasantly surprised that no one had started spouting nonsense about me protecting him because he's Muslim, trust you to go and feth that up. When all I've been saying is we don't know the full story >,>

I believe your defense of him does have somehting to do with the fact he is a Muslim

If this guy was just another white guy, you would chalk this story up in your "Who gives a shit" list

You are a liberal Noir and libs always defend minorities regardless of what they say or do

What we do know is this jerk blew up at a customer in front of other customers and he should have been fired on the spot

Noir
01-08-2011, 10:25 AM
I believe your defense of him does have somehting to do with the fact he is a Muslim

Well then you're an idiot. I won't be discussing anything else with you in this thread, cheers.

red states rule
01-08-2011, 10:30 AM

Well then you're an idiot. I won't be discussing anything else with you in this thread, cheers.

What the hell happened to your desire to have an open exhancge of ideas and opinions?

Hey don't let the door hit you in the as son. Once again I have tapped into liberal tolerance

You are a very thinskinned kid Noir