PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have kids who watch Dora the Explorer?

darin
05-06-2007, 12:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sb7eLgaddI4

:D

Play that Movie.

Play that Movie.

Don't question it.

Play that Movie.

Fountainhead
05-06-2007, 01:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sb7eLgaddI4

:D

Play that Movie.

Play that Movie.

Don't question it.

Play that Movie.

Sure, it is completely innocent. Sit down and enjoy the pretty colors.

"There is nothing wrong with your television set. Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are controlling transmission. If we wish to make it bilingual, we will provide a translation. If we wish to make it gender-neutral, we will blur distinctions between the sexes. We will control the politics. We will control your notion of a traditional family. We can change the focus to environmentalism, or sharpen it to blaming republicans. For the next hour, sit quietly and we will control all that you see and hear. You are about to participate in a great adventure. You are about to experience the awe and mystery which reaches your childs inner mind to... Dora The Explorer."

"Do you know why my father left me ?"

manu1959
05-06-2007, 01:58 PM
Sure, it is completely innocent. Sit down and enjoy the pretty colors.

"There is nothing wrong with your television set. Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are controlling transmission. If we wish to make it bilingual, we will provide a translation. If we wish to make it gender-neutral, we will blur distinctions between the sexes. We will control the politics. We will control your notion of a traditional family. We can change the focus to environmentalism, or sharpen it to blaming republicans. For the next hour, sit quietly and we will control all that you see and hear. You are about to participate in a great adventure. You are about to experience the awe and mystery which reaches your childs inner mind to... Dora The Explorer."

"Do you know why my father left me ?"

wow there is some cynicisim for you....that is like saying the old road runner cartoons were designed to numb one to death or violence so they would be more willing to go to war..........hey wait a minute....

Samantha
05-06-2007, 02:21 PM
Hyperbole.

There's nothing wrong with American children learning Spanish or Spanish speaking children learning English by watching Dora. Stop being so afraid. It's pathetic.

Fountainhead
05-06-2007, 02:29 PM
wow there is some cynicisim for you....that is like saying the old road runner cartoons were designed to numb one to death or violence so they would be more willing to go to war..........hey wait a minute....

Si se puede ! Si se puede !

Dilloduck
05-06-2007, 02:35 PM
Hyperbole.

There's nothing wrong with American children learning Spanish or Spanish speaking children learning English by watching Dora. Stop being so afraid. It's pathetic.

I don't think anyone expressed fear---It's being aware and observant. You don't want us all to be "sheep" do you?

Fountainhead
05-06-2007, 02:56 PM
I don't think anyone expressed fear---It's being aware and observant. You don't want us all to be "sheep" do you?

Thanks, DUCK

You expressed my thoughts perfectly !

Learning about other cultures is necessary and valuable.
Learning other languages is a good thing.

Education is a great thing. Re-education is very frightening

manu1959
05-06-2007, 02:58 PM
Si se puede ! Si se puede !

dos taco poor favour

Dilloduck
05-06-2007, 03:26 PM
Thanks, DUCK

You expressed my thoughts perfectly !

Learning about other cultures is necessary and valuable.
Learning other languages is a good thing.

Education is a great thing. Re-education is very frightening

De nada ! (and just typing Dillo is fine)

KitchenKitten99
05-07-2007, 06:31 PM
Hyperbole.

¿Significas tan aprender hablar inglés, en un país Inglés-dominante eres una mala cosa? :D

Hobbit
05-07-2007, 10:31 PM
Zhongwen shi genghao, zongzhi.

Gengduo ren shuohua ta.

Wait, isn't there a rule against posting in other languages?

Or thinking that the Smurfs were intened to warm children up to the idea of communism.

5stringJeff
05-08-2007, 12:33 AM
¡Vaya de nuevo a México, usted maldicen ilegal!

Samantha
05-08-2007, 12:55 AM
¿Significas tan aprender hablar inglés, en un país Inglés-dominante eres una mala cosa? :DI never said it was a bad thing.