PDA

View Full Version : NPR Exec Who Fired Juan Williams I Now Out Of A Job

red states rule
01-07-2011, 03:49 AM
What goes around comes around. I wonder how the liberal media will spin this?

Juan Williams comments on Fox News

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MpwXkM9Z6Eo&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MpwXkM9Z6Eo&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

SassyLady
01-07-2011, 03:53 AM
Williams is loving it!

red states rule
01-07-2011, 04:00 AM
Williams is loving it!

But he was still professional and classy during the interview

Hell he knows NPR firing him allowed him to sign a contract with Fox news for alot more money then he was making at NPR and it was a massive resume enhancement

Juan is still a liberal but not the far left moonbat type that would be a total ass during the interview as if a conservative radio network fired him and he signed a contract with MSNBC

NightTrain
01-07-2011, 04:49 AM
I didn't see this coming.

Think it'll change anything?

red states rule
01-07-2011, 04:53 AM
I didn't see this coming.

Think it'll change anything?

Not at all. NPR will still be a company for liberals and run by liberals

But NOW is the time cut to cut all Federal funding of NPR. Why should taxpayer money be used to fund a radio network?

Trigg
01-07-2011, 07:59 PM
But he was still professional and classy during the interview

Hell he knows NPR firing him allowed him to sign a contract with Fox news for alot more money then he was making at NPR and it was a massive resume enhancement

Juan is still a liberal but not the far left moonbat type that would be a total ass during the interview as if a conservative radio network fired him and he signed a contract with MSNBC

I've always felt that Juan was fair in his oppinions. In fact I tend to think he's a closet conservative.

red states rule
01-08-2011, 10:42 AM
I've always felt that Juan was fair in his oppinions. In fact I tend to think he's a closet conservative.

Trigg watch Juan of the Fox News Sunday round table and you will see he is a true blue liberal

He is not a liberal moonbat like Chris Matthews and Ed Schuiltz - but he is a loyal Obama supporter and does believe in wealth redistribution

red states rule
01-08-2011, 10:44 AM
Now the libs at NPR are having a temper tantrum

Washington Post Staff Writer
Friday, January 7, 2011; 9:36 PM

People at NPR and in public radio reacted with shock and anger Friday over the resignation of NPR's top editor for her role in firing commentator Juan Williams, with one official telling colleagues that NPR's response amounted to "capitulation" to conservative critics.

Some blamed congressional conservatives and Fox News - which had repeatedly denounced NPR since the October firing - for inflaming the situation, which led to the resignation on Thursday of Ellen Weiss, NPR's senior vice president for news. Weiss was the NPR executive who terminated Williams for saying he was "nervous" flying on a plane with people in "Muslim garb" on Bill O'Reilly's TV program. Since his firing, Williams signed a three-year contract with Fox for almost $2 million.

"We have allowed Fox News to define the debate," wrote Peter Block, a member of the board of Cincinnati Public Radio, in a posting to an e-mail group consisting of public radio managers. He added, "I do not think this kind of capitulation [by NPR] assures the future of an independent press. . . . Democracy is on the line and NPR is one of the last bastions of its possibility." Block said in an interview that NPR's reaction "lacked integrity." NPR's ombudsman, Alicia Shepard, also pointed to Fox, noting in her column, that the Williams "incident has become a partisan issue in Washington's hothouse atmosphere, with Republicans (egged on by Fox News) using it as a rallying cry to demand that NPR be 'defunded' by the federal government."

Following a two-month internal investigation, NPR's board questioned the "speed and handling" of Williams's firing, which Weiss carried out with a phone call and without a face-to-face meeting. As a result of the investigation, the board also voted to deny NPR President Vivian Schiller, who approved the termination, a bonus in 2010. Neither Schiller nor board members have commented in detail about the reasons for her disciplinary action or for Weiss's resignation.

NPR hadn't set a bonus for Schiller this year when the board voted to deny her one, but the sanction seems costly, given previous bonuses.

According to tax records released by NPR on Friday, Schiller received a bonus of $112,500 in May 2010, about 17 months after she was hired by the Washington-based organization. This was in addition to a base salary of $450,000. The bonus was included in her hiring package, NPR said.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/01/07/AR2011010706063.html

actsnoblemartin
01-08-2011, 02:18 PM
couldnt of happened to a classier lady :clap:

red states rule
01-09-2011, 07:04 AM
couldnt of happened to a classier lady :clap:

Libs need to rememebr what goes around comes around