PDA

View Full Version : Well, it didn't take long for gun control advocates

SassyLady
01-09-2011, 09:34 PM
to start pushing their agenda. Amazing how they stopped working on the Obamacare repeal because of the shootings, but it didn't stop the kooks who want to take away our gun rights.

One of the fiercest gun-control advocates in Congress, Rep. Carolyn McCarthy (D-N.Y.), pounced on the shooting massacre in Tucson Sunday, promising to introduce legislation as soon as Monday.

McCarthy ran for Congress after her husband was gunned down and her son seriously injured in a shooting in 1993 on a Long Island commuter train.

“My staff is working on looking at the different legislation fixes that we might be able to do and we might be able to introduce as early as tomorrow,” McCarthy told POLITICO in a Sunday afternoon phone interview.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0111/47338.html#ixzz1Ab0X5rYV

Never let a crisis go unused for a political gain.

BoogyMan
01-09-2011, 09:47 PM
She's quick. I bet her actions would make Rahm proud.

It will go nowhere!

Gaffer
01-10-2011, 09:52 AM
Just wait, they will start legislation to get secret service security for all congress critters. They won't let this go to waste.

Psychoblues
01-11-2011, 03:10 PM
Rep. Pete King, (R) New York just announced on CNN that he will be seeking/sponsoring unprecedented gun control legislation. That may have been taped but I just saw it. Hopefully we can get some comprehensive legislation on the books and some responsible enforcement mechanisms in place. I am a gun owner and I don't break gun laws. I don't care how many or what kind of guns YOU have but if you break the law with any of them I say imprison you for a very long time and make damned certain you can never legally own another firearm.

Psychoblues

gabosaurus
01-11-2011, 05:07 PM
Does anyone on this board ever post a story that is not from a right-wing blog? Post something with credibility.

And yes, every time some nutcase gets hold of a gun and takes out a bunch of folks, we bleeding heart libs are going to complain about it. Because the primary purpose of guns like the AZ shooter used is to kill people. Which gun nuts are known to love and endorse.

BoogyMan
01-11-2011, 05:11 PM
Does anyone on this board ever post a story that is not from a right-wing blog? Post something with credibility.

And yes, every time some nutcase gets hold of a gun and takes out a bunch of folks, we bleeding heart libs are going to complain about it. Because the primary purpose of guns like the AZ shooter used is to kill people. Which gun nuts are known to love and endorse.

Politico is a right wing blog???? Bwahahahahahahahahahah

I know it isn't objective and fair like HuffPo or Daily KOS! [end sarcasm]

SassyLady
01-12-2011, 12:34 AM

Gabby....the only reason I have guns is to defend myself ... which mean that yes, they are intended to kill. If I have to defend myself I want to make sure what I'm shooting dies ... whether it is animal, reptile or human. Why else would you own a gun?

logroller
01-12-2011, 02:57 AM
Gabby....the only reason I have guns is to defend myself ... which mean that yes, they are intended to kill. If I have to defend myself I want to make sure what I'm shooting dies ... whether it is animal, reptile or human. Why else would you own a gun?

Why else? As a fashion accessory; Freedom is the best complement to any outfit! Matte is the new black.

Sassy's avatar looks even sexier knowing there's a pistol on her person. Where might it be? ;)

SassyLady
01-12-2011, 03:13 AM
Why else? As a fashion accessory; Freedom is the best complement to any outfit! Matte is the new black.

I'm sure sassylady would look even better with a derringer on her person.;)

A derringer in my stockings, but a glock in my purse! Oh, and definitely black ... silver reflects light and not as easy to conceal.