PDA

View Full Version : Ten bucks (via Paypal) to first person to have CIVIL 1-on-1 debate with me

Palin Rider
01-10-2011, 07:57 PM
GROUND RULES:

The challenger may pick the topic; I will choose which side of it to represent.

No personal attacks of any kind against either opponent. First one to do so loses. (Personal attacks and insults against public figures are perfectly fine.)

Neither opponent may call the other a liar or accuse them of lying. They may, of course, point out if a statement is untrue or factually inaccurate.

No declarations of "victory" from either opponent. (First one to do so loses.)

Both participants must keep a respectful tone at all times.

If none of these civility rules are broken, the debate ends when one participant concludes that he or she is out of arguments and rebuttals.

Any takers?

KarlMarx
01-10-2011, 08:50 PM
I think you ought to ask everyone to pay you $10 to go away and never bother us again.

Kathianne
01-10-2011, 08:57 PM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?30329-FJ1200-Defends-Abortion-on-Demand&p=458649#post458649

Too funny! You think he'd be embarrassed, but too enamored with self to recognize.

Noir
01-10-2011, 09:11 PM
Sure thing, let's say as a topic 'The needless death of an animal should be legally defined as murder' :3

Palin Rider
01-10-2011, 09:49 PM
I think you ought to ask everyone to pay you $10 to go away and never bother us again.
Isn't that "free speech" amendment such a pain? :laugh:

Sure thing, let's say as a topic 'The needless death of an animal should be legally defined as murder' :3

I was hoping for a topic that had some relationship to politics.

Noir
01-10-2011, 09:53 PM
I was hoping for a topic that had some relationship to politics.

Well that falls well within my definition of politics.

How about..."A one world government is both inevitable and desirable"

Palin Rider
01-10-2011, 09:58 PM
Well that falls well within my definition of politics.

How about..."A one world government is both inevitable and desirable"

I'd be happy to go with that one. You say it's both, and I'll say it isn't necessarily either. Feel free to start a separate thread, or we can just take it from here.

jimnyc
01-11-2011, 10:30 AM
/moved to appropriate forum.

Once you guys start your thread, shoot a PM to any staff member and we will move it to the debate forum and moderate the thread so that no one else will interrupt. Only staff has rights to start a thread in that forum...

hjmick
01-11-2011, 10:42 AM
I wasn't wearing my glasses, thought PR wanted to debate CIVII...

Thought to myself, I haven't played CIVII for about a decad or so...

NightTrain
01-11-2011, 11:38 AM

Ahhh yes, CivII... what a great game that was! I still have it in the box, too, floppies and all!

Noir
01-11-2011, 11:54 AM
Mkay, will make my first post later tonight.

revelarts
01-11-2011, 12:15 PM
GROUND RULES:

No personal attacks of any kind against either opponent. First one to do so loses. (Personal attacks and insults against public figures are perfectly fine.)

Neither opponent may call the other a liar or accuse them of lying. They may, of course, point out if a statement is untrue or factually inaccurate.

If none of these civility rules are broken, the debate ends when one participant concludes that he or she is out of arguments and rebuttals.

Any takers?

I'll do it for $20

one other stipulation, a 3rd party judge.

Palin Rider
01-11-2011, 02:33 PM

Neither have I. Fun game, for its day, but I can't think of any angle to debate on about it. :laugh:

Palin Rider
01-11-2011, 02:34 PM
I'll do it for $20

one other stipulation, a 3rd party judge.

We can talk again when Noir and I are done. ;)

fj1200
03-04-2011, 05:11 PM
Was this a secret debate? Who won?

Palin Rider
03-09-2011, 04:05 PM

I never heard from Noir about this. I'm still game if he is.

Gaffer
03-09-2011, 04:26 PM
Would be interesting. Noir texing from his iphone and PR with one liners. The discussion could get deep.

fj1200
03-09-2011, 07:10 PM
Would be interesting. Noir texing from his iphone and PR with one liners. The discussion could get deep.

:laugh:

a :laugh:, a "thanks," and rep. That post gets it all.

Except for the rep apparently, I need to whore it around a bit more.

trobinett
03-09-2011, 07:46 PM

Those of us who THOUGHT it went the way of the Edsel.........:lol:

Palin Rider
03-09-2011, 08:38 PM

My worst one liner is better than the best one liner from any conservaturd on DP.

fj1200
03-09-2011, 08:41 PM
^Aah, there it is, the class is back.

NightTrain
03-09-2011, 09:31 PM

I wasn't worried. There's no stopping The Champ!

Palin Rider
03-09-2011, 10:08 PM

I'd never use class against Gaffer. He wouldn't understand it.

NightTrain
03-09-2011, 10:25 PM

Zing!

Simply an unending supply of wit.

fj1200
03-09-2011, 11:56 PM
^He's just that close to eclipsing Gaffer's post of the year. :cheers2:

PostmodernProphet
03-10-2011, 08:41 AM
I'm curious.....if actsnoble and I have a debate, do we BOTH get $10?......

revelarts
03-10-2011, 08:46 AM
I'm still willing, PR.

you game?

Gaffer
03-10-2011, 11:06 AM

I know class when I see it and you have none.

You really should take rev up. He'll blow you out of the water with facts even when he's wrong.

Palin Rider
03-10-2011, 02:40 PM
I'm curious.....if actsnoble and I have a debate, do we BOTH get $10?......

Sure, if you can find someone else to pay you. :)

Palin Rider
03-10-2011, 02:41 PM
I'm still willing, PR.

you game?

Happy to. Start a thread and send me the link. And if you prefer that you pick the topic and I pick the side, that's fine as well.

Palin Rider
03-10-2011, 02:42 PM
I know class when I see it and you have none.Anyone who says McCarthy was right wouldn't know class if it anally raped him.

Gaffer
03-10-2011, 03:05 PM
Anyone who says McCarthy was right wouldn't know class if it anally raped him.

McCarthy said there were communists in hollywood, the media and government. Today we see that IS the case. We even have a president that's a communist. He was obsessed, but he wasn't wrong.

red states rule
03-10-2011, 06:29 PM
I wasn't worried. There's no stopping The Champ!

Wow, I did not have a chance to ask PR how his 7 day vacation was - and he gets to go on another one!!

revelarts
03-10-2011, 09:03 PM
Happy to. Start a thread and send me the link. And if you prefer that you pick the topic and I pick the side, that's fine as well.

How about a few 3rd party suggestions of topic and we try a pick from there.

DragonStryk72
03-11-2011, 08:24 PM
GROUND RULES:

Any takers?

Keep your ten bucks and argue your own opinion. I don't think you'd ever agree to that.

"The Role of the Federal Government in the lives of the citizens of the United States of America."

NightTrain
03-11-2011, 10:32 PM
$10 says he gets banned within a week of his return from his forced vacation!

Takers?

fj1200
03-12-2011, 12:05 AM
How about a few 3rd party suggestions of topic and we try a pick from there.

How about the Federal Reserve being the single key component of American exceptionalism. ;)

revelarts
03-12-2011, 10:51 AM
How about the Federal Reserve being the single key component of American exceptionalism. ;)

:laugh2:

Palin Rider
03-20-2011, 01:44 PM
$10 says he gets banned within a week of his return from his forced vacation!

Takers?

Don't bother. Jimmy has made it more than obvious that he doesn't respect even his own rules, so I'm not going to pay any attention to them either.

jimnyc
03-20-2011, 01:46 PM
Don't bother. Jimmy has made it more than obvious that he doesn't respect even his own rules, so I'm not going to pay any attention to them either.

You mean the rules that pale in comparison to the shit board you run that ZERO people post at?

YOU broke the rules here, and that cannot be disputed. You are banned as a result. Then you whine like a bitch. Too fucking bad.

red states rule
03-20-2011, 02:28 PM

I see your 2 vacatons did not teach you anything

Keep it up son and you will join Virgil, and OCA on a lifetime vacation. They also had a problem with obeying the rules of the community and attacked staff publicly

Now they don't have to wory about following the rules any more. they are the outside looking in.

Keep being a troll and you WILL join them

Salty
04-10-2011, 07:16 PM
GROUND RULES:

Any takers?

Just for the fun and no money, I'll bite. What topic? My favorites are abortion (I am against in most instances), Ronald Regan (I voted for him, but think he was the worst President in my lifetime -I'm 56), education (I think it should be publicly funded but a voucher program should be set up), Social Security (I do not think whiny snotty nosed kids should shirk the same duty that I undertook to be responsible to elders--yes it should be fully re-funded then left alone; wars not withstanding).
Suggestions? :)

jimnyc
04-10-2011, 07:31 PM
Just for the fun and no money, I'll bite. What topic? My favorites are abortion (I am against in most instances), Ronald Regan (I voted for him, but think he was the worst President in my lifetime -I'm 56), education (I think it should be publicly funded but a voucher program should be set up), Social Security (I do not think whiny snotty nosed kids should shirk the same duty that I undertook to be responsible to elders--yes it should be fully re-funded then left alone; wars not withstanding).
Suggestions? :)

The schmuck you replied to committed board suicide awhile back and won't be replying to you anytime soon.

The only one worth noting in your replies, to me at least, is your portion about Reagan. Why do you feel he was the worst? I don't think he was a "God" - but Carter & Obama, IMO, should outrank him as worst without even thinking. I also think he outranks Bush 2, Ford, Clinton & Nixon - and that about honestly sums up my good knowledge (I'm 42).