PDA

View Full Version : Dem Congressmen Wants To Ban Symbols

red states rule
01-11-2011, 02:56 AM
Dems never let a crisis go to waste or worry about the US Constitution

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://video.foxnews.com/v/embed.js?id=4491240&w=466&h=263"></script><noscript>Watch the latest video at <a href="http://video.foxnews.com">video.foxnews.com</a></noscript>

fj1200
01-11-2011, 05:53 AM
WTF is wrong with people!

revelarts
01-11-2011, 07:26 AM
What people don't seem to realize is the number of crazy people out there that are trying to kill us.
Some people are delusional and think that crazy people are peaceful. Sure a few are but all you have to do and look at history and their writings and know better.

So If it will keep people safe What's wrong with it?

the constitution is all well and good and i agree with it BUT it's not a suicide pack!

that's fine, well you just don't have uses those few symbols, or language, sure it's an infringement, but it's one we have to live with in these times.

How many people are you willing to sacrifice to use your possibly threatening speech.

It's funny how you gun toten types get all up in arms about speaking there are plenty of alternatives. use sign language.

Or if you can't speak without using language that sound threatening, TAKE THE BUS.

PostmodernProphet
01-11-2011, 08:34 AM

do you really think that some symbols on a web site caused this guy to go out and kill people?.....is that belief really worth having the government second guess the impact of how people communicate?.......shucks, how often might some government hack come along and decide after the fact that something in one of your posts "could" lead someone to act violently and therefore, you need to be prosecuted.....

PostmodernProphet
01-11-2011, 08:37 AM

do you really think that some symbols on a web site caused this guy to go out and kill people?.....is that belief really worth having the government second guess the impact of how people communicate?.......

by the way, I think your comment "TAKE THE BUS" could be offensive to both Rosa Parks enthusiasts and urban commuters.....we need to press charges against you.......

revelarts
01-11-2011, 09:21 AM
I was being sarcastic, every one of those argument has been thrown in my direction as excuses for laws and actions i consider unconstitutional and illeagal. I think they are dangerous excuses.
I should to start making my sarcasm clearer.
What the dems are concocting is obviously unconstitutional and I'm against it.
I don't know if your serious or joshing either.

But here's a serious very reasonable response from the father.

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Rj47lB1a-0Y&hl=en_GB&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Rj47lB1a-0Y&hl=en_GB&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

Thunderknuckles
01-11-2011, 09:43 AM
I think the congressman is making a reasonable argument. It really just comes down to adding "symbols" to existing US Code which is not in conflict with the 1st Amendment. So, I think we has a leg to stand on in this.

That said, I don't side with him :)

revelarts
01-11-2011, 10:39 AM
I think the congressman is making a reasonable argument. It really just comes down to adding "symbols" to existing US Code which is not in conflict with the 1st Amendment. So, I think we has a leg to stand on in this.

just one more bit of freedom made illegal here and there. that's all.
death by 1000 cuts.

Psychoblues
01-11-2011, 11:22 AM
I was being sarcastic, every one of those argument has been thrown in my direction as excuses for laws and actions i consider unconstitutional and illeagal. I think they are dangerous excuses.
I should to start making my sarcasm clearer.
What the dems are concocting is obviously unconstitutional and I'm against it.
I don't know if your serious or joshing either.

But here's a serious very reasonable response from the father.

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Rj47lB1a-0Y&hl=en_GB&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Rj47lB1a-0Y&hl=en_GB&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

Continue with your sarcasm intact, revelarts. Most of these posters also use it and are aghast when it goes above someone's head but rather than apologize like you and offer to be more clear they make fun of the misunderstanding and try to make the other poster feel bad. I use sarcasm, nuance, irony, paradox, satire, double entendre', etc., all the time and I don't respond when it confuses those that just don't get it. Like comedy or harmonica, you just can't teach it.

Psychoblues

actsnoblemartin
01-11-2011, 01:46 PM

a lot

:lol:

actsnoblemartin
01-11-2011, 01:48 PM
you cant ban symbols, or symoblism

what next, the american flag, cause it offends illegals?

or pork cause it offends muslims?

the retard train has left the station

01-12-2011, 02:19 AM

Ignorance, corruption, dishonesty

01-12-2011, 02:22 AM

You do realize that by doing this you would in effect eliminate speech period.

After all, our language is a language of symbols. In fact, we have 26 symbols in our alphabet. We combine them to make other symbols called words which are in turn combined to make symbols called sentences.

That said, I don't side with him either. In fact, I strongly oppose him.

red states rule
01-12-2011, 03:53 AM
Now a Dem wants to kill the phrase "job killing"

For Gabby's Sake, Republicans Should Change the Name of Their Health Care Repeal Bill

As I write this, the motivation behind the shooting of my friend Gabby Giffords and eleven others isn't clear. We don't know what prompted the shooter to show up at Gabby's Congress on Your Corner at a Tucson grocery store with a semiautomatic pistol and the motivation to kill innocent people. We don't know if it was unmitigated hatred and misdirected rage or paranoid delusion. We don't know if was politics -- aimed at Gabby's courageous stands on health care and immigration. I suspect in the end, we'll learn it was a combination of factors that led this young man to go on the rampage that shook the nation.

In a way, though, it doesn't really matter what prompted this act of senseless violence. What really matters is that we do everything we can to prevent it from happening again. And the first thing we can do is to crank down the rhetoric a few notches.

I work in a world of words -- words that inspire, words that persuade and, increasingly, words that can send the message that it is acceptable to hate. All of us -- no matter our party affiliation or political persuasion -- must accept this fact and take responsibility for the environment these words help create.

No one should think that one side or the other of the political spectrum is without blame. Whether it's a conservative politician publishing a map with a bullseye on Gabby's district or a liberal blogger saying Gabby is "dead to me," too many have forgotten what it means to be able to disagree without being disagreeable.

A good place to start a more civil dialog would be for my Republican colleagues in the House to change the name of the bill they have introduced to repeal health care reform. The bill, titled the "Repeal the Job Killing Health Care Law Act," was set to come up for a vote this week, but in the wake of Gabby's shooting, it has been postponed at least until next week.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/chellie-pingree/for-gabbys-sake-republica_b_806487.html

PostmodernProphet
01-12-2011, 08:45 AM
I wonder....since this Congressman's gesture is symbolic, could an argument be made that this bill bans itself?......

red states rule
01-13-2011, 04:19 AM
I wonder....since this Congressman's gesture is symbolic, could an argument be made that this bill bans itself?......

orthe Dems could simply ban the US Constitution and save alot of time

Thunderknuckles
01-13-2011, 09:19 AM
Now a Dem wants to kill the phrase "job killing"
To be fair to the Dems, the fact that the Republicans threw that phrase in there was a little petty. They couldn't have just called it the "Health Care Repeal Bill"?
To be fair to my conservative friends, the fact that the Dems are crying about the phrase is a little childish.

...fuggin Congress :laugh:

red states rule
01-14-2011, 04:33 AM
To be fair to the Dems, the fact that the Republicans threw that phrase in there was a little petty. They couldn't have just called it the "Health Care Repeal Bill"?
To be fair to my conservative friends, the fact that the Dems are crying about the phrase is a little childish.

...fuggin Congress :laugh:

As the word "investments" means tax increase to liberals; the word "civility" means censorship

Now the left wants ZERO criticism of Obama and the Dems or else you are spreading hate and refusing to "tone it down"