PDA

View Full Version : More death threats to Congress-PR Flame Thread

Palin Rider
01-12-2011, 07:32 PM
For everyone who insisted that trust-fund Repubs aren't part of this. :laugh:

A California man was arrested Wednesday on a charge that he made threatening, obscene phone calls to the office of U.S. Rep. Jim McDermott last month, weeks before a gunman shot Rep. Gabrielle Giffords and others in Arizona.

An FBI complaint unsealed in federal court said Charles Turner Habermann, 32, of Palm Springs, Calif., called the Seattle Democrat's office late Dec. 9 and early Dec. 10 and left two messages, each about four minutes long, after seeing him on television.

He began each with his name and phone number, and went on to threaten to kill the congressman, as well as his friends and family, over his opposition to extending tax cuts for the wealthy, according to transcripts recited in the complaint.

...Habermann also told them [the FBI] that he never intended to hurt anyone, and that he would never do anything to jeopardize his $3 million trust fund, Special Agent Dean Giboney wrote in the complaint.

Source (http://www.npr.org/2011/01/12/132869539/man-held-in-threats-against-wash-congressman?ft=1&f=1001)

Missileman
01-12-2011, 08:04 PM

Source (http://www.npr.org/2011/01/12/132869539/man-held-in-threats-against-wash-congressman?ft=1&f=1001)

You can't establish a link between the AZ shooter and the Tea Party so you bring up a totally unrelated case and infer some correlation. I have to apologize PR, I was totally wrong in the other thread...you suck WAY worse in debate than you do in math. :laugh2:

Palin Rider
01-12-2011, 11:08 PM
You can't establish a link between the AZ shooter and the Tea Party so you bring up a totally unrelated case and infer some correlation. I have to apologize PR, I was totally wrong in the other thread...you suck WAY worse in debate than you do in math. :laugh2:

And I have to thank you for condoning this nutjob featured in the article. :laugh2:

NightTrain
01-12-2011, 11:27 PM

Stunning, isn't it? It would piss me off to have the idiot representing my political views, but so far none of the other liberals have a problem with it... which says a lot about liberals.

Missileman
01-13-2011, 07:07 AM
And I have to thank you for condoning this nutjob featured in the article. :laugh2:

Are you related to the AZ shooter? You're as detached from reality as he was. There isn't a single word in my reply that indicates my opinion of the trust-fund guys actions.

PostmodernProphet
01-13-2011, 10:55 AM

????.....the fact he doesn't condone you doesn't mean he condones the other nut job in the article......

Trigg
01-13-2011, 01:31 PM

At no point, in the article, do they list the man as republican. In fact, his political party isn't mentioned at all.

Little-Acorn
01-13-2011, 01:46 PM
At no point, in the article, do they list the man as republican. In fact, his political party isn't mentioned at all.

Relax. If people like PR couldn't make up lies and false accusations against Republicans, they wouldn't be able to say anything about them at all.

That would be terrible, wouldn't it.

Palin Rider
01-13-2011, 10:06 PM
Are you related to the AZ shooter? You're as detached from reality as he was. There isn't a single word in my reply that indicates my opinion of the trust-fund guys actions.

And yet you still don't condemn them. How telling...

PostmodernProphet
01-13-2011, 10:23 PM

how much difference is there between the conduct you are complaining of, and your avatar?.....do not both "incite violence" against political figures?......

Missileman
01-13-2011, 11:27 PM

As I've already stated and you're too fucking stupid to comprehend, my lack of comment on the trust-fund guy's actions can only be construed as a lack of comment. Until I actually make comments that condemn or condone, any opinions you might have as to how I feel about the matter are pure speculation.

Palin Rider
01-14-2011, 04:41 PM
The peanut gallery has reached a new low.

Not one person condemning this nut.

Not one person even remarking on how much of a dumbass he is for leaving his name and number as part of a death threat. :laugh:

As much as I dislike the new Speaker, he's a lot more decent than any of you will ever be.

fj1200
01-14-2011, 07:42 PM

What's up with this new technique between you and PB? Unless someone is roundly condemned it's tacit approval from those non-condemners?

By that rule, you both are completely approving of Progressive Hate (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?30419-Progressive-Hate).

Missileman
01-14-2011, 08:43 PM
What's up with this new technique between you and PB? Unless someone is roundly condemned it's tacit approval from those non-condemners?

By that rule, you both are completely approving of Progressive Hate (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?30419-Progressive-Hate).

The last desperate act of a pair of losers.

Palin Rider
01-14-2011, 11:13 PM

Only the thread you referenced contains just political cartoons aimed at public figures (always has been fair game in politics).

I'm talking about real death threats - which apparently you approve of.

fj1200
01-15-2011, 09:00 AM
Only the thread you referenced contains just political cartoons aimed at public figures (always has been fair game in politics).

I'm talking about real death threats - which apparently you approve of.

You really do need to get a handle on all that hate that courses through your veins. You, PB, BP, and Gabby should start a support group, that much hate will kill you. As soon as you folks start to speak out against that sort of hate from the left it will go away, I look forward to that day.

PostmodernProphet
01-15-2011, 10:12 AM
you seem to have trouble grasping what we are saying....no, we don't approve of the guy in the OP or the guy who posted it......is that clear enough?....

Little-Acorn
01-16-2011, 12:33 PM

Poor PR. He gets so sulky when no one bothers to reply to his attempts to change the subject.

Palin Rider
01-16-2011, 08:24 PM
you seem to have trouble grasping what we are saying....no, we don't approve of the guy in the OP or the guy who posted it......is that clear enough?....

There! Now was that so hard? :clap:

PostmodernProphet
01-16-2011, 11:45 PM

you seem to have trouble grasping what we are saying....never was, but apparently the rest of my post was too hard for you to leave uncut.....

Palin Rider
01-17-2011, 08:36 PM
never was, but apparently the rest of my post was too hard for you to leave uncut.....

Those who want their quotes unedited need to get a blog. :coffee:

Kathianne
01-17-2011, 09:28 PM
you seem to have trouble grasping what we are saying....never was, but apparently the rest of my post was too hard for you to leave uncut.....

Fixed that. ;)

Kathianne
01-17-2011, 09:30 PM
Those who want their quotes unedited need to get a blog. :coffee:

Those that don't want others to play with their quotes, shouldn't do it to others when it changes the meaning.

There are places for ellipsis, to shorten longer pieces or to remove a video so it's not repeated from post-to-post, etc.

PostmodernProphet
01-17-2011, 11:51 PM
There are places for ellipsis, to shorten longer pieces or to remove a video so it's not repeated from post-to-post, etc.

or, to fill in those awkward places where I pause to take a breath......

hjmick
01-18-2011, 12:45 AM
Well, now that we are all agreed that Habermann is a fool and we condemn his threatening phone calls, Perhaps Palin Rider will be so kind as to provide us with proof he is a Republican.

We'll wait...

Palin Rider
01-18-2011, 10:10 PM
Well, now that we are all agreed that Habermann is a fool and we condemn his threatening phone calls, Perhaps Palin Rider will be so kind as to provide us with proof he is a Republican.

We'll wait...

As an analogy, if someone lived in San Francisco, worked in the fashion industry, and had AIDS, would you need proof that he was gay?

So it is with Habermann and his background.

hjmick
01-19-2011, 12:40 AM
As an analogy, if someone lived in San Francisco, worked in the fashion industry, and had AIDS, would you need proof that he was gay?

There are plenty of straight people who live in San Francisco. There are plenty of straight people in the fashion industry. There are, sadly, plenty of straight people with AIDS (just so you don't try to accuse me of not caring, it is also sad that there are gay people who have AIDS...). To be all three is not beyond the realm of possibilities. Speaking only for myself, I would not jump to conclusions. Instead, before posting on a message board or antwhere else, I would get the facts.

So it is with Habermann and his background.

So what you're saying is, you have no evidence whatsoever that Habermann is a Republican. You're just making shit up.

Gotchya.

Good to know how you operate...

Palin Rider
01-19-2011, 04:36 PM
There are plenty of straight people who live in San Francisco. There are plenty of straight people in the fashion industry. There are, sadly, plenty of straight people with AIDS (just so you don't try to accuse me of not caring, it is also sad that there are gay people who have AIDS...). To be all three is not beyond the realm of possibilities. Speaking only for myself, I would not jump to conclusions. Instead, before posting on a message board or antwhere else, I would get the facts.

So what you're saying is, you have no evidence whatsoever that Habermann is a Republican. You're just making shit up.

Gotchya.

Good to know how you operate...

Your faux outrage isn't working this time. I know that you understand the difference between a safe guess and "making shit up."

hjmick
01-19-2011, 05:58 PM
Your faux outrage isn't working this time. I know that you understand the difference between a safe guess and "making shit up."

I'm not outraged at all, "faux" or otherwise. And yes, I understand the difference between a "safe guess" and making shit up.

And your "safe guess" stinks like shit...

Provide evidence of Habermann's political affiliation, please. Living in palm Springs and having a trust fund is not enough to make a "safe guess."

hjmick
01-19-2011, 06:36 PM
Oh, and one more thing...

Your "analogy" deals in stereotypes while your linking Habermann to Republicans, conservatives, or whatever is simply jumping to conclusions. There are plenty of Democrats living in Palm Springs (Obama took 52% of the vote there in 2008), and there are plenty of Democrats with trust funds.

MtnBiker
01-19-2011, 06:44 PM
It is believed that Pima County Sheriff Dipshit has no evidence of Habermann party affiliation but has his own opinion that Habermann is a Republican and that is all the proof PR needs to make baseless assumptions.

Oh, and it is also believed that at one time Habermann walked past some poster that involved an image of a gun target, so there is that also.

LuvRPgrl
01-20-2011, 04:20 AM

and yet, you still deny your a liberal. I mean, starting posts attacking conservatives and all proves NOTHING about your political leanings.

LuvRPgrl
01-20-2011, 04:27 AM

If the only proof you could come up with is something you need to "make a safe guess" about in order for it to actually support your proof, seems to be a pretty "safe guess" that you dont have much proof at all.

actsnoblemartin
01-20-2011, 04:35 AM
I just noticed, youre talking about nuts, but look at your avatar, aint exactly intellectual lol :laugh:

Palin Rider
01-20-2011, 02:24 PM
I just noticed, youre talking about nuts, but look at your avatar, aint exactly intellectual lol :laugh:

Neither is Mama Grizzly. :coffee:

LuvRPgrl
01-22-2011, 05:21 PM

That's your only response, weak.

She is a representative of the people, she doesn't claim to be an intellectual, but what is your excuse?

Palin Rider
01-22-2011, 07:21 PM
That's your only response, weak.

She is a representative of the people, she doesn't claim to be an intellectual, but what is your excuse?

Stopping those like you from influencing anyone should be reason enough.

Gaffer
01-22-2011, 07:41 PM

But you can't stop him, all you can do is make snarky one liner remarks.

LuvRPgrl
01-23-2011, 03:57 PM

So you want to take away my right to influence people? How American of you

Palin Rider
01-24-2011, 07:10 PM
So you want to take away my right to influence people? How American of you

Influence isn't a right, it's a talent. Just as making rightwingers look bad is a talent of mine.

NightTrain
01-24-2011, 11:59 PM
Influence isn't a right, it's a talent. Just as making rightwingers look bad is a talent of mine.

LOL

I'd say you haven't found your true calling yet. You haven't made anyone on this board look bad except you and your fellow moonbats.

Can I get a Rep Check on aisle 4?

Palin Rider
01-25-2011, 01:33 AM
LOL

I'd say you haven't found your true calling yet. You haven't made anyone on this board look bad except you and your fellow moonbats.

Can I get a Rep Check on aisle 4?

Why do you keep trying to play with a toy I long since took away from ya?

It's just sad, dude. :(

NightTrain
01-25-2011, 02:13 AM
Why do you keep trying to play with a toy I long since took away from ya?

It's just sad, dude. :(

Oh, your rep is still there and being tallied. I'm sure Jim or RSR will be along soon to give current stats.

I think you have what it takes to be The Champ. The record for negative rep stands at -500,000 and you're much worse than Virgil was. I think you can shatter the million mark!

I have faith in you. Go get em, slugger!

red states rule
01-25-2011, 03:46 AM
It is believed that Pima County Sheriff Dipshit has no evidence of Habermann party affiliation but has his own opinion that Habermann is a Republican and that is all the proof PR needs to make baseless assumptions.

Oh, and it is also believed that at one time Habermann walked past some poster that involved an image of a gun target, so there is that also.

The citizens on Pima County have had enough of him as well

Pima County Sheriff Clarence Dupnik has never lost an election, but that was before his remarks assigning blame for the deadly Tucson, Ariz., shooting to political "vitriol" and calling Arizona "a mecca for prejudice and bigotry."

Now it's Sheriff Dupnik who finds himself on the public-opinion hot seat. A group opposed to illegal immigration has begun an effort to recall the sheriff in a special election. Meanwhile, a Pima County tea party group is planning on holding a "Dump Dupnik" rally next week outside his office.

"I haven't been a fan of Dupnik's for a long time, but this really was the straw that broke the camel's back," said Tom Rompel, co-owner of Black Weapons Armory in Tucson. "He's law enforcement. We expect 'the facts, ma'am,' not his opinion. He leans far left, always has, and frankly, people have had enough."

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/jan/20/outspoken-tucson-sheriff-faces-recall-bid/?page=1

LuvRPgrl
01-29-2011, 02:34 AM

ah ha !
SO YOU FINALLY ADMIT YOU ARE A LEFT WINGER !!!!!

gotcha

LuvRPgrl
01-29-2011, 02:54 AM

I haven't ever seen anyone that I exposed, like you, unravel quite so fast.:dance::dance:

Kathianne
01-29-2011, 07:48 AM
Moved to appropriate forum.

GUBMINT Cheese
01-29-2011, 08:15 AM

I would like nothing more than to see "Baghdad Jim's" political execution........
....Yet the Libtards in this district keep voting for him.....:rolleyes:

DragonStryk72
01-29-2011, 11:39 AM

He didn't, that's pure conjecture on your part. Stop posting every crazy person you find as proof of some larger thing with the Republicans, it's not proof. Crazy fuckers are everywhere, Dem and Rep alike.

Palin Rider
01-30-2011, 02:48 PM
ah ha !
SO YOU FINALLY ADMIT YOU ARE A LEFT WINGER !!!!!

gotcha

You wish. I was open about agreeing with the left on several issues from day one.

Abbey Marie
02-04-2011, 02:31 PM

...and Islamic terrorists.

Abbey Marie
02-04-2011, 02:33 PM

Next time you want us to respond to your posts in a specific manner, may I suggest you give us the exact statement, so we can copy and paste it into our replies? :rolleyes:

Abbey Marie
02-04-2011, 02:35 PM

If only they were all as smart as your party's Cynthia McKinney.

fj1200
02-04-2011, 05:03 PM
If only they were all as smart as your party's Cynthia McKinney.

Dammit, now someone needs to make her say her name backwards so she'll go away.

Trinnity
02-04-2011, 05:16 PM
Hi there, everyone. Time to dive right in............

Trinnity
02-04-2011, 05:17 PM

So.....what, you want a medal?

Bend over comrade; I'll pin it on ya.

Palin Rider
02-08-2011, 10:06 PM
So.....what, you want a medal?

Bend over comrade; I'll pin it on ya.

Nope. The fact that you're not surprised about it is reward enough for me. :laugh: