PDA

View Full Version : Baptism

Jeff
01-12-2011, 08:13 PM
Although many on the board are atheist I still consider them people I would like to share with and of course there are those that will completely understand

Sunday during the evening service at church I will be getting baptized , I am very excited about this and just want to announce it to as many people as I can

Yall have a great night

Jeff

actsnoblemartin
01-12-2011, 08:15 PM
that is awesome, congratulations jeff

what exactly do they do again?

:salute:

Although many on the board are atheist I still consider them people I would like to share with and of course there are those that will completely understand

Sunday during the evening service at church I will be getting baptized , I am very excited about this and just want to announce it to as many people as I can

Yall have a great night

Jeff

Jeff
01-12-2011, 08:52 PM
that is awesome, congratulations jeff

what exactly do they do again?

:salute:

The Baptist believe in complete submersion, They have a " tub" at the front of the sanctuary that they fill with water and the preacher "dunks" the individual under water.

SassyLady
01-12-2011, 10:18 PM

Yall have a great night

Jeff

Jeff, this is great....good for you. Good luck on Sunday!

fj1200
01-12-2011, 11:06 PM

Yall have a great night

Jeff

Congratulations, it's a powerful thing. I just can't bring myself to do it.

darin
01-13-2011, 04:51 AM
that's GREAT! Excellent!

Nukeman
01-13-2011, 07:46 AM
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!! :salute:

Thunderknuckles
01-13-2011, 09:23 AM
I did this as well a number of years ago. My uncle was the pastor and we did it at the beach. It was a great day and one I will always remember.

revelarts
01-13-2011, 09:26 AM

Yall have a great night

Jeff

congratulations
God Bless ya my Brother.

crin63
01-13-2011, 12:23 PM
Well done Jeff!!!

I would like to point out, being a Baptist, that Baptists don't believe that baptism does anything for you with respects to salvation or remission of sin. It is a public statement of being recognized with Jesus Christ through symbolically being dead, buried and risen again through baptism.

fj1200
02-14-2011, 08:21 AM

Yall have a great night

Jeff

How'd it go?

Abbey Marie
02-14-2011, 02:17 PM
Awesome, Jeff! You are right; many of us understand. :clap:

jimnyc
02-14-2011, 05:31 PM
Jeff is unavailable to get online at this time. He said to say hello to everyone and thank everyone for their words and thoughts. I'm sure he'll update the rest when he can get back to us.

Kathianne
02-14-2011, 05:39 PM
Jeff is unavailable to get online at this time. He said to say hello to everyone and thank everyone for their words and thoughts. I'm sure he'll update the rest when he can get back to us.

Let him know we miss him!

jimnyc
02-14-2011, 05:42 PM
Let him know we miss him!

Most certainly will do!