PDA

View Full Version : Steelers advance!

jimnyc
01-15-2011, 08:09 PM
Shit, what a game, Steelers 31-24 over Ravens. They were down 21-7 at the half and wasn't looking good. The game went down to the last minute. This helped my diet too as I believe I just sweated out about 2-3lbs.

Time to watch Green Bay Vs. Atlanta now!!

:gs: :gs: :gs: :gs:

Psychoblues
01-15-2011, 08:15 PM
Shit, what a game, Steelers 31-24 over Ravens. They were down 21-7 at the half and wasn't looking good. The game went down to the last minute. This helped my diet too as I believe I just sweated out about 2-3lbs.

One helluva beautiful tightassed game!!!!!!!! Eat more pork!!!!!

Psychoblues

Thunderknuckles
01-16-2011, 12:42 AM

Steelers fan here since '76.
What a great game!

GO STEELERS!!

gabosaurus
01-16-2011, 01:27 AM
Katie told me that she was never worried. Because the Ravens have apparently never beaten Pittsburgh in the post season. So she thought they would choke in the second half.
Katie's Godmother has season tickets and wants her to come up for the AFC championship game. Like she would refuse.

actsnoblemartin
01-16-2011, 03:47 AM
Congrats to your steelers Jim

:clap:

red states rule
01-16-2011, 04:42 AM

Jim I am sure the coach of the Ravens, John Harbaugh, used those famous words of Gen Robert E Lee after Pickett's Charge

"Guys I think we blew it"

jimnyc
01-16-2011, 04:48 AM
Steelers fan here since '76.
What a great game!

GO STEELERS!!

Awesome! I've been a fan since the 70's too, but was born in '68 and indoctrinated somewhere during their 4 SB run. I was much too young to be a bandwagon fan but rather became a fan because we went camping non-stop in Pennsylvania when I was growing up and that's who me and Dad watched on the fantastic 9" black and white TV!!

Anyway, off to the Championship game now. That makes 5 of them in the past 10 years!!

And I'll be rooting for the Jets to pull out a miracle versus NE so the championship game will be in Pitt.

actsnoblemartin
01-19-2011, 07:32 PM
jim, what do you think your chances are against the upstart jets?

darin
01-20-2011, 08:26 AM
GREAT win for the Steelers, Jim! Congrats!

jimnyc
01-20-2011, 10:30 AM
jim, what do you think your chances are against the upstart jets?

GREAT win for the Steelers, Jim! Congrats!

Thanks, guys!

I think beating Baltimore is/was harder than beating the Jets - that's our division rival and both games in the regular season were decided by 3pts. I'm surprised the Steelers won by 7!!

Now, that doesn't mean the Jets are a team to look past. If they play the Steelers like they did against the Pats - Jets go to the bowl.

Steelers need their D to step up, and they usually do. They lost to the Jets last month 22-17 but Troy Polamalu was out and we had a shitload of injuries. Hopefully they can make up for that loss.

I think the Steelers need a near perfect game to beat NY - and that's what they would have needed if they played the Patriots - so I guess the main thing is that the Jets won and now the game is at Heinz Field!

actsnoblemartin
01-20-2011, 03:43 PM
good luck to your team jim