PDA

View Full Version : Just found out I am a great aunt which makes gaffer a.............

Trinity
01-22-2011, 08:51 PM
great grandfather....... My brother has a daughter who is 18 and we just found out she has an 8 month old son....my brother due to his ex being a bitch has not seen this child since she was 5...which is why we just discovered the baby.

All I can say is it seems like everyone I know my age, and some younger are grandparent's except me including my little brother.

OldMercsRule
01-23-2011, 04:03 AM
great grandfather....... My brother has a daughter who is 18 and we just found out she has an 8 month old son....my brother due to his ex being a bitch has not seen this child since she was 5...which is why we just discovered the baby.

All I can say is it seems like everyone I know my age, and some younger are grandparent's except me including my little brother.

Hmmmmmm... you and Gaffer are siblings? :cool:

Trinity
01-23-2011, 07:12 AM
Hmmmmmm... you and Gaffer are siblings? :cool:

and how exactly did you come to that conclusion.....my brother's daughter had a baby, she is my niece which makes her baby my great nephew... My brother's daughter is gaffer's granddaughter which makes the baby his great grandson.....

Which makes Gaffer my father.

OldMercsRule
01-23-2011, 10:24 AM
and how exactly did you come to that conclusion.....my brother's daughter had a baby, she is my niece which makes her baby my great nephew... My brother's daughter is gaffer's granddaughter which makes the baby his great grandson.....

Which makes Gaffer my father.

The generational issues cornfused a feller with only one functional brain cell.

Sorry: no offense meant. :confused:

Like Father like Daughter, (both cornservatives), makes better sense. :cool:

Trinity
01-23-2011, 04:53 PM
The generational issues cornfused a feller with only one functional brain cell.

Sorry: no offense meant. :confused:

Like Father like Daughter, (both cornservatives), makes better sense. :cool:

No offense taken :)

Kathianne
01-23-2011, 04:59 PM
I'm pretty sure I've more than a few years on you Trinity, I'm not a grandmother yet! It's exciting though that my daughter is getting married in October of this year!

I hope your brother is able to see his daughter and grandbaby soon! She should be old enough now to overrule the mom?

Trinity
01-23-2011, 09:20 PM
I'm pretty sure I've more than a few years on you Trinity, I'm not a grandmother yet! It's exciting though that my daughter is getting married in October of this year!

I hope your brother is able to see his daughter and grandbaby soon! She should be old enough now to overrule the mom?

right she is and that's what we are hoping for unless her mother has poisoned the child's mind.....

I know I love the fact that I am not a grandmother yet, although all of my friends are and now my younger brother....and I have a 24 year old daughter and a 22 year old son. Thankfully my daughter says she wants to wait till she is closer to 30 and my son doesn't seem real interested in kid's at this point.....so the only concerns I have now are my 14 year old who is a ladies man and my 12 year old who is just now starting to have the horomones kick in...;)

Oh and congrat's on the wedding!!!!!!

chloe
01-23-2011, 10:06 PM
Congrats Trinity & Gaffer

KitchenKitten99
01-24-2011, 06:23 PM

At least he knows now, rather than much later in life or not even at all, like my dad. He didn't know I existed for almost 30 years... he then finds out one day that not only does he have a 29yo daughter, but 2 grandsons.

Hopefully he can start getting to know them again and hopefully he lives close enough to them to do so. I hate it that my dad lives at the opposite end of the country from me. But we text/email/IM at least every other day.