PDA

View Full Version : Kudo"s to jimnyc

jon_forward
01-24-2011, 04:01 PM
Congrats to your Steelers For Making it to the SuperBowl For the 8th time :clap::clap::clap:

jimnyc
02-02-2011, 09:05 PM
Not sure why I haven't posted much about the Steelers, or bragged, other than I don't want to jinx anything! But thanks for remembering me, Jon!

Yep, it's their record 8th SB appearance. They won their 20th division championship earlier to earn the 2nd seed in the playoffs. Then they won their 8th conference championship to get to this SB. This will be their 3rd appearance in 7 years. Tons and tons of criticism of Roethlisberger, even from the hypocrite commissioner earlier this week, but Big Ben goes for his 3rd SB win already in his somewhat short career. Should they win, he will join a short handful of QB's who have lead their team to at least 3 SB wins - Terry Bradshaw and Joe Montana have 4. Troy Aikman and Tom Brady have 3. Ben will join this club if they win. I think he's a proven winner even though he rarely gets the credit he deserves. He's generally ranked around 7th - 10th by the major pundits.

And Troy Polamalu won the Defensive Player of the Year award this week!!

With all that said, once again, I wouldn't bet more than a friendly wager on this game. These 2 teams have perhaps the 2 best defenses in the NFL this year, both have good QB's, decent running game and good young receivers. A lot of people are calling for a higher scoring game coming down to the wire. In true Steeler fashion, I do see the game being very close, but I think the defenses star in this game and keep it low.

I see either team winning like 24-17 or 24-21. Hopefully that team will be the Steelers. Losing in the SB sucks! I'd rather see my team not make the playoffs than lose the big one. No one remembers the loser!

texastom
02-02-2011, 09:57 PM
We Cowboy's fans are cringing at the idea of the Steelers winning a Superbowl in OUR house! lol

Hell, GB winning it wouldn't be much better! :laugh2:

But congrats anyway! My condo in Texas is right across the street from the hotel where the steelers are staying... I was planning on driving dow there this week from Vegas, but the snow storm they got made me decide against it.

gabosaurus
02-03-2011, 02:53 PM
Real Steelers fans will be in Arlington for the Super Bowl. Which is why Katie's parents are hosting several relatives at their home near DFW Airport. Katie and her dad are going to the game along with a couple of relatives.