PDA

View Full Version : Democrat tries to boot Giffords from committee assignment

red states rule
01-27-2011, 10:03 AM
What a classy bunch Dems are.

First they try to score political points over the bodies of murdered people. Now a power hungry Dem tries to use the shooting for her own political gain

Behind closed doors, California Democratic Rep. Loretta Sanchez has proposed removing Arizona Rep. Gabrielle Giffords from the House Armed Services Committee (HASC) until she recovers from injuries sustained after being shot in the head on Jan. 8 in Tucson, The Daily Caller has learned.

The proposal sparked an outrage, according to those in the room — including from those in Sanchez’s own party.

“It’s not appropriate,” Texas Democratic Rep. Silvestre Reyes told The Daily Caller, adding that there was outrage among some members in the room when Sanchez made the suggestion. “It’s bad for morale during her recovery period.”

Reyes and Rep. Adam Smith of Washington put up most of the fight against Sanchez, and helped squash the idea.

“From a woman who memorialized her cat, you’d think she’d show a little more compassion for a woman shot in the face,” said one GOP aide, referring to Sanchez’s 2010 Christmas card that paid tribute to her late cat, Gretzky.

Sanchez told her Democratic colleagues on the committee that every vote would be crucial, and since there was little indication Giffords would return soon, they should seek a replacement. A spokesman for Sanchez defended her proposal and called the criticism “ludicrous.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/01/25/rep-loretta-sanchez-sparks-outrage-from-fellow-democrats-with-proposal-to-boot-giffords-from-armed-services-committee/#ixzz1CFRtZTUQ

Thunderknuckles
01-27-2011, 10:16 AM
Ahh, one of the "Dirty Sanchez" sisters strikes again!
That woman is a nut. She's local to me so I'm pretty familiar with her antics. She should be ashamed, but she isn't. Just like she isn't ashamed to have her offices next door to one of those Vietnamese burlesque restaurants.

red states rule
01-27-2011, 10:20 AM
That woman is a nut. She's local to me so I'm pretty familiar with her antics. She should be ashamed, but she isn't. Just like she isn't ashamed to have her offices next door to one of those Vietnamese burlesque restaurants.

Yet, if a Republican was trying to take her seat Ms Sanchez would be on MSNBC crying about the heartlessness of Republicans

logroller
01-28-2011, 05:13 AM

A dem from texas, named sanchez => had a cat who shared the name of a canadian hockey player. This is chock full of contradictions-- a comedien's wet dream. The only thing that would make it better is if she were asian, but then to find out she has an office next to vietnamese burlesque restaurants! I wonder if poor Gretzky ended up as a lunch special: Hands off the dancers, but eat all the pussy you want! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

red states rule
01-28-2011, 07:19 AM
Last I checked, Ms Gifford's was a member of the minority of the committee, and one less vote would not make a difference

What is clear is the political ambition of Ms Sanchez and her willingness to kick Ms Gifford's to the curb and use her as a stepping stone for more power

Thunderknuckles
01-28-2011, 10:06 AM
A dem from texas, named sanchez => had a cat who shared the name of a canadian hockey player. This is chock full of contradictions-- a comedien's wet dream. The only thing that would make it better is if she were asian, but then to find out she has an office next to vietnamese burlesque restaurants! I wonder if poor Gretzky ended up as a lunch special: Hands off the dancers, but eat all the pussy you want! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I don't get it.

red states rule
01-28-2011, 07:07 PM
I don't get it.

I don't think he does either

fj1200
01-28-2011, 09:31 PM
Come on man, it's pure comedy. :beer:

logroller
01-29-2011, 01:27 AM
Come on man, it's pure comedy. :beer:

I'm embaressed to know what I meant; but if you don't know the "handsoff" rule, you're a prouder man than I.