PDA

View Full Version : Cut and Grow" Already a Failure

Joe Steel
01-28-2011, 03:38 PM
Eric Cantor hardly had had time to move into his new office as majority leader before he declared his majority to be a "cut and grow" majority (http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/256312/welcome-cut-and-grow-majority-andrew-stiles). He laid-out his plan to "grow" the economy by cutting everything, jobs, spending, benefits. Everything.

He should have waited.

A few months ago, the Conservative majority in Britain tried the same thing. They cut this and cut that and promised growth but guess what happened. As Labor predicted, the economy shrank (http://www.economist.com/blogs/blighty/2011/01/british_economy_0).

Let that be a lesson to you, Mr. Cantor. Keep your mouth shut. Better yet, resign. You'll be doing everyone a favor.

Kathianne
01-28-2011, 03:47 PM
Eric Cantor hardly had had time to move into his new office as majority leader before he declared his majority to be a "cut and grow" majority (http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/256312/welcome-cut-and-grow-majority-andrew-stiles). He laid-out his plan to "grow" the economy by cutting everything, jobs, spending, benefits. Everything.

He should have waited.

A few months ago, the Conservative majority in Britain tried the same thing. They cut this and cut that and promised growth but guess what happened. As Labor predicted, the economy shrank (http://www.economist.com/blogs/blighty/2011/01/british_economy_0).

Let that be a lesson to you, Mr. Cantor. Keep your mouth shut. Better yet, resign. You'll be doing everyone a favor.

Only problem I see with your post is that whatever is going on in England, it's not due to the cuts which have yet to take effect.

Joe, you really stink at propaganda.

fj1200
01-28-2011, 05:20 PM
... As Labor predicted, the economy shrank (http://www.economist.com/blogs/blighty/2011/01/british_economy_0).

Getting ahead of yourself there Sparky?

the figures come mere months before the coalition's spending cuts begin to bite

Oops, Kathianne got it.

Joe Steel
01-28-2011, 05:53 PM
Only problem I see with your post is that whatever is going on in England, it's not due to the cuts which have yet to take effect.

Joe, you really stink at propaganda.

I don't do propaganda.

Nothing but truth.

Remember, for instance, the uncertainty which was so popular among the wacky right? The British cuts are an example. The economy is uncertain about the cuts.

PostmodernProphet
01-29-2011, 05:02 PM

He should have waited.

lol.....from your source above....nice try.....

the figures come mere months before the coalition's spending cuts begin

DragonStryk72
01-29-2011, 05:54 PM
I don't do propaganda.

Nothing but truth.

Remember, for instance, the uncertainty which was so popular among the wacky right? The British cuts are an example. The economy is uncertain about the cuts.

Here's a thought, Joe. Try waiting until the cuts take effect, then post about their effect. Tends to work better that way.

Joe Steel
01-30-2011, 07:50 AM
lol.....from your source above....nice try.....

You misquoted the article:

...the figures come mere months before the coalition's spending cuts begin to bite...

Try again, dumbass.

But be careful. The cuts haven't been fully implemented, that is, they haven't begun to bite deeply into the economy yet. That, however, doesn't mean they haven't begun. They have. That should be an item of great concern to "cut and growers." The little cutting already implemented has started the collapse of the British economy. Just imagine how bad things are going to be when the cuts begin to bite.

Kathianne
01-30-2011, 08:26 AM

Try again, dumbass.

But be careful. The cuts haven't been fully implemented, that is, they haven't begun to bite deeply into the economy yet. That, however, doesn't mean they haven't begun. They have. That should be an item of great concern to "cut and growers." The little cutting already implemented has started the collapse of the British economy. Just imagine how bad things are going to be when the cuts begin to bite.

You are the one playing semantics and no, they haven't begun to be implemented, they 'begin' in steps:

Worse, the figures come mere months before the coalition's spending cuts begin to bite, and they add weight to the view that Britain's economy is too fragile to withstand the planned retrenchment...

All this is just spin from labor trying to gain points from further down clicks, before attempts at reducing spending even begin.

Now if you wish to post labor pieces, feel free. But this is an article with quotes from labor members spinning. That's all it is. Propaganda.

Psychoblues
01-31-2011, 01:47 AM
I once tried to save enough money to get a new truck. I taxed myself by 10% each payday for awhile to save the money and saw those Republican models for cutting taxes and save more. What the heck, I eliminated my self imposed taxes altogether!!!!!! Damn, I don't think I'll ever get that new truck, or that new lawn mower, or that new table and chairs for my patio,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,fuckin' republican lyin' ignorant assholes,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Psychoblues

red states rule
01-31-2011, 04:37 AM
I once tried to save enough money to get a new truck. I taxed myself by 10% each payday for awhile to save the money and saw those Republican models for cutting taxes and save more. What the heck, I eliminated my self imposed taxes altogether!!!!!! Damn, I don't think I'll ever get that new truck, or that new lawn mower, or that new table and chairs for my patio,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,fuckin' republican lyin' ignorant assholes,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Psychoblues

I see you are following Obama's call for civility PB :laugh2:

Missileman
01-31-2011, 10:34 AM

Psychoblues

You stupid fuck! You blow all the money you have and then bitch you can't afford things? Why didn't you follow the DEM model and borrow a shitload of money you can't pay back?

NightTrain
01-31-2011, 01:36 PM
You stupid fuck! You blow all the money you have and then bitch you can't afford things? Why didn't you follow the DEM model and borrow a shitload of money you can't pay back?

Damn that's funny! :coffee:

Psychoblues
01-31-2011, 04:21 PM

You ain't real big in the smarts department, are you, Mm? You ain't alone in that ignorance on this board!!!!!

Psychoblues

PostmodernProphet
02-02-2011, 08:18 PM
You ain't real big in the smarts department, are you, Mm? You ain't alone in that ignorance on this board!!!!!

Psychoblues

/shrugs.....you were the one buying a truck you didn't need and couldn't afford.....

PostmodernProphet
02-02-2011, 08:19 PM

lol, no....actually I didn't....

02-03-2011, 08:00 PM
You've already been beaten to death about your deceptive claim that cuts which haven't taken effect are to blame for a shrinking economy so I won't waste more time on them now.

However, you are arguing that cutting back waste and excessive spending makes things more uncertain which will shrink the economy. I have several reasons why you are wrong.

1) Spending cuts will curb some anxiety over our current inflation problems.
2) Spending cuts will reduce anxiety over whether we can pay our debts.
3) Spending cuts will force people who would otherwise be sponging off of society to go out and create goods or service, thus creating jobs, if they expect to survive.

All of these things will reduce the uncertainty. So you can't possibly say that it will create more uncertainty.

PostmodernProphet
02-04-2011, 08:26 AM
You've already been beaten to death about your deceptive claim that cuts which haven't taken effect are to blame for a shrinking economy so I won't waste more time on them now.

However, you are arguing that cutting back waste and excessive spending makes things more uncertain which will shrink the economy. I have several reasons why you are wrong.

1) Spending cuts will curb some anxiety over our current inflation problems.
2) Spending cuts will reduce anxiety over whether we can pay our debts.
3) Spending cuts will force people who would otherwise be sponging off of society to go out and create goods or service, thus creating jobs, if they expect to survive.

All of these things will reduce the uncertainty. So you can't possibly say that it will create more uncertainty.

well, admittedly it will create uncertainty for the ones who've been sponging off society.....:poke:

02-05-2011, 03:16 PM
well, admittedly it will create uncertainty for the ones who've been sponging off society.....:poke:

I suppose you could look at it that way. The way I look at it, it will create certainity in them because it's certain they will have to get up off their ass and look for work or they won't be eating.

DragonStryk72
02-05-2011, 09:16 PM

Psychoblues

Amazing how you didn't cut any expenses, say, or anything else of merit in that run. Maybe if you spent less than you made you might have seen something happen, but apparently, you purposely spent money that could have helped into things that were clearly against your stated goal, then blame republicans for it. Sounds more like the Democratic way of doing things to me.

Here's what cut and grow actually means: You want to get a new truck, so you start saving 10% of each paycheck toward that goal. Now of course, this means cutting your nights out, and other non-essential spending, but you need it to grow your savings to afford the truck. Of course, that savings bears extra earning, because on top of achieving your truck, a piece of collateral in itself, you've also likely made some extra bank through savings. And all because you cut and grew. Good job!!!